my first week questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

my first week questions

Postby junglejane » February 16th, 2005, 8:36 am

:D I am thrilled with my results after the first week I just have a couple things on my mind. I feel over full at times ( something I never expected)and I worry that it means I am not going to lose weight. Is it just my body reacting to feeling how a "normal" person feels when healthy? I do feel healthier already. I lost 7 pounds this first week. Will I continue to lose at this rate or does it slow down to 2 from here on? My goal is 50 pounds by August.
junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » February 16th, 2005, 8:51 am

I lost 7 pounds this first week. Will I continue to lose at this rate or does it slow down to 2 from here on? My goal is 50 pounds by August.

I weigh 206 right now and I want to be a sassy 150 (prior post)

junglejane (great handle)… Everyone is different in their losses. I believe you said previously you were on “synthroid for life now” I cannot tell you about this, but I can tell you that if your now at 199, and you want to be at 150 by August, this is 49 pounds and you have about 5-1/2 months to go. Lets assume at the worst case scenario, you lost 2 pounds a week (I think it can be more) 2x4weeks=8lbs x 5.5months = 44 pounds! This is at the extreme low end of the scale. I am a man, and of course we lose at a different rate than the girls do, but your loss will mostly depend on your compliance to the program. Compliance means reading the FAQ section, and adhering to everything on Medifast. If you accidentally or consciously slip up, then this will slow the progress. You can do it, if you have the will power and drive.

I doubt anyone here can predict your loss. I was 100% compliant for the first time in 42 years, and lost over 100 pounds in about 4 months. There are alternatives to the program, weather you chose the full fast, or the modified, this is your option. We all widely differ in our opinions of how and why. My choice for reasons of wanting to lose it FAST was full fast. After doing it, I would recommend my choice again and again and again.

Keep faithful, and I bet you will achieve your total loss to your “sassy 150” by your reunion!!

Welcome.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby junglejane » February 16th, 2005, 9:10 am

Thanks for the info Mike. I am so thrilled to have people such as you to banter back and forth with while on the program. I am doing complete fast right now because it is easier for me. I will continue to update my progress on the forum. i am looking for a life change in my diet and not just a quick fix. I plan to continue with mainetnance and lifetime on the program. I need to for my own health. I have a daughter for the first time and I want her to grow up seeing a healthy mom. I don't want her tosee a diet obsessed mom. I did that growing up and ended up with all kinds of eating disorders. I'm doing this not only for me but for my family. That is a first.
junglejane

Postby Nancy » February 16th, 2005, 9:35 am

Hey there, Junglejane ~

It's good to hear that you're swingin' through the jungle in such fine form this first week - you have a fine loss! :lol:

Yes, the first couple of weeks are so wonderful; more weight drops off than you can believe. It does slow down for most people after the first two weeks but as Mike already mentioned, each person is different so we won't know for sure what your weekly average will be but I would venture to guess that 50 pounds can be done by August - probably more - what a great incentive to drink all your water and to stick to the program, eh?

Now about that feeling of being full - THAT is an amazing thing, isn't it?

:scratch: I can't figure out how such a teensy little glass of chocolate milk can make me feel satisfied when I compare it to the humongous amount of food I used to stuff down. Eating smaller meals, more frequently, giving your body the good nutrition it needs and has always wanted and needed, surely seems to work now, doesn't it? :yippee: Rejoice and be glad!

Here's to your :cheers: sassiness, junglejane!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby junglejane » February 16th, 2005, 9:55 am

Thanks so much Nancy for everything. You make me want to be a success just by your consistent enthusiasm for everyone. You are for certain a very "special" person to care so much about others. I don't know how you find time to respond to so many people. You're a gem!
junglejane

Postby Nancy » February 16th, 2005, 12:28 pm

Thanks, Cutie~

I just so needed that this morning - you are a smile-bringer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 24KaratGold » February 16th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Nancy, you keep us all on track more than you know!

Hmm, I wonder how many tons of flabbage you have helped to rid the world of? The Earth is probably pleased with you for helping to make her burden lighter. :roflmao:

Seriously, thanks for all you do, and how much of yourself you give.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 16th, 2005, 1:14 pm

:shock: Gosh!
re
how many tons of flabbage

:dooh: I never ever thought about it!

For a while we had a thread going on the Forum to post weight loss and see how many tons we came up with...sheesh!

The earth is lighter now - :shock: perhaps we are in danger of global floatage - we may just float right out of the solar system and into the netherworld. :help: Help! Someone tether the earth!
:pigsfly:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 16th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Hi Jane!
You are doing not only a wonderful thing for you by medifasting,but what you said about helping your daughter was just lovely!
I think you can make your goal as long as you stick to the MF plan and
drink lots of water.
Great first week!!
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Return to Come on in.