first week completed

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

first week completed

Postby joylk » March 20th, 2005, 11:21 am

I wanted to share my excitement of my first week. I started Saturday March 12, 05 and as of this morning I am 11 pounds less! But I really want to eat as much easter candy as I can. I know I will stay the course. I will try for week 2 of the complete fast. Now I wish I would have ordered more soups. Slamming a shake isn't rewarding like when I sit down and eat soup or oatmeal. We'll see what week 2 brings me. I plan on going back to swimming laps 3x week. I gave this up only for the 1st week. I am having Easter...and boy how I love to cook and BAKE!
joylk

Welcome

Postby Joan Roman » March 20th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Welcome Joy,

Have a great Easter! I am a baker myself and I can't stop baking! However, I enjoy baking for other people so it's still something I can do. If you know you can't do it...RUN! Easter is wonderful but it is only one day. You want to be healthy for a long time to come. You can do it. It is the most important thing! And of course...as I tell myself holidays aren't about the food it's about the people. That is what we really love holiday time if you really think about it! So make yourself see that...enjoy all the other totally wonderful things about the holiday. Monday when you wake up thankful and thinner you will love it!

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Dean0408 » March 20th, 2005, 12:43 pm

WOW! What a fantastic first week loss you had.........having completed my first week today, I know how rewarding and encouraging that first week loss can be. Easter or not, I know I do not want to back slide and I am sure you don't want to either. Get your pleasure from seeing others enjoy what you have cooked for the holiday........and also from the compliments you will be getting for dropping the 11 pounds.

It is not easy to give up the foods you love, believe me I KNOW......but it is even harder to go through life at a weight higher than you would like.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LaureenV828 » March 20th, 2005, 10:08 pm

That is so wonderful ! I am starting this week and cant wait....

I hope m loss is as great as yours .

God Bless !
:D

Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself.

-St. Francis de Sales
LaureenV828
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 20th, 2005, 10:16 pm

LaureenV828...God placed you on this forum at this very moment for a reason....& it was for me to see your quote.....I needed that right at this very moment..thanks

Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 21st, 2005, 4:50 am

Way to go Joy, 110 lbs is so wonderful!!! Keep up the good work!
Welcome to you too Laureen!!

Have a great week everybody!
~C
Last edited by cthrn007 on March 21st, 2005, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

AWESOME !!!!

Postby chickbb » March 21st, 2005, 10:29 am

:-P What a great 1st week !!!! That makes it so much easier to stick with the plan !!! Knowing that when you're on track - you lose !!!! I don't even want to entertain the idea of cheating !!! I love the progress !!!! Welcome to the LOSERS club !!!!

:thumbsup:
[/url]
chickbb
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 21st, 2005, 10:45 am

Great job Joy.......what a way to get started!!
As for the Easter Candy, in a week or two you probably won't even be tempted by it, unfortunately since it's only going to be your second week on MF, you are probably going to struggle with it some. Nancy had a great suggestion that might help......make up a fabulous relish platter of all your favorite legal munchies, pickles, broccoli, cauliflower, peppercinis, etc., and stay close to that :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 21st, 2005, 11:45 am

Joy - congrats on your fist week!

If you don't already have it, I completely recommend purchasing the "Success in a Shaker Jar" book. One of the items in there deals with Managing Holidays. It details the "one tablespoon plan" for getting through a gathering without gorging yourself on all of the tempting foods. Pick out the three foods you most want to eat, then take a one tablespoon serving ONLY. So one tablespoon of mashed potatoes, one of green bean casserole, and one of chocolate cake. It says that small amount of food won't lower the ketosis level enough to cause your weight loss any problems and could possibly save you from the huge disaster of an all out gorge.

I have yet to use this - but I have gotten through many many family gatherings with this in the back of my mind. When I am at one of these functions, I fill my plate with my standard lean and green passing up all the other goodies. Then I tell myself, if I truly truly truly can't stand not having something after I finish my lean and green - then I can do the tablespoon plan. Every time after eating my lean and green, I'm no longer hungry and the desire to eat anything else has passed.

Hope this helps!
scrabbler7

Postby Kauket » March 21st, 2005, 4:05 pm

I like the tablespoon plan. We're going to my mother in law's for easer and she always fixes a LOT of stuff. It's all super high calorie, and luckily I don't like most of it... unfortunately there's plenty of stuff I do like. I really like the relish tray idea too. I'll bring one of those, and hopefully I can stay away from all the other junk she makes.

Welcome Joy, this is a great board with lots of awesome people. :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 21st, 2005, 6:49 pm

Hey ---- Look at ChickBB's ticker - now how cute is THAT????
scrabbler7

Return to Come on in.