First 2 days

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby raederle » January 29th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Hi Jen! Alexandria is doin' just fine-- I live in Kingstown, which has really boomed in the past few years. We even have our own Wal-Mart!

I hope you haven't gotten too psyched out about the first three days! I know for some folks it can be *really* tough, but I didn't think it was any worse than my first three days trying to do any other diet. At least on MF you get to almost constantly eat, and the results show so quickly that the occasional headache and the frequent trips to the loo seem like a small sacrifice! I'm sure that you could choose to start Thursday and power through if you decide to "just do it"!

One thing-- I'm no doctor, of course, but I wonder whether it's best to be on a diuretic while you're MFing. MF itself is *very* effective at getting rid of the water in your system, so you might want to check with your dr (if you haven't already) to see if you should do both at the same time so you don't dehydrate yourself. Maybe others here can speak to their experiences on that.

Anyway, here's to a stress-free first three days-- Just follow 24K's advice and I'm sure you'll do just fine, and if you start to feel down, just come here! I find that typing lots of replies gives me something to do besides think about all the nachos I'm not eating! :mrgreen:

Best wishes to you!
Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 7:58 am

Good to hear that Rae, glad to hear you're taking care of my beloved hometown ;)

I'm on a diuretic because of high blood pressure and lymphedema. I'm also on high blood pressure meds. All of this was caused by being overweight. Overweight? HA! That's the nice way to put it. The clinical name for what I have is morbid obesity. I am under a doctor's care so she will monitor me while I'm on MF.

I'm really not too worried about the first days. I've been through countless diets and what diet isn't torture when you first start it? :twisted:
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby raederle » January 30th, 2005, 8:01 am

So true-- Jen! All diets are hard! At least this one actually works!

I'm glad your dr is on top of things-- I just didn't want to see you get all parched and shriveled up like a raisin! :mrgreen: But soon, I bet you'll be able to ditch all those meds anyway, once your body gets to a weight that makes it happier. Now *there's* an incentive to stick to the plan, huh?

Wishing you the best!

Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 8:09 am

Someone overweight telling you they are happy, is plain lying to you. Any of you that know/knew life before fat, should be kicking yourselves in the rear, knowing what you have done.

Wow Mike, you are absolutely correct in that statement. Dealing with that issue is what led me back to MF. Every medical issue I'm dealing with right now is a direct result of being morbidly obese for the last 15 years. Yes, I have experienced being thin. I grew up thin and didn't start really getting fat until my 30s (I'm 47 now). in 1999-2000, I lost 51 pounds and almost saw the other side of 200, I got down to 209, but stuff happened and I ate my way through it.

I kick myself everyday for what I've done to my body. I fool myself that I'm happy and for the most part I am, but I will never be truly happy or satisfied with my life until I lose this fat.

Happy and fat just don't go together. I can see that you definitely understand the underpinnings of being fat and what it does to our psyches.
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 4:58 pm

Rae, shriveled up and parched like a raisin, lol. Not me! I will be drinking a ton of water on this. I used to drink a gallon a day and want to work back up to that. That virtually guarantees I won't get any soft drinks in, which I think are a waste anyway. A diet drink here and there isn't bad, but I'm a Coke addict and I know all that sugar is deadly and sodas are dehydrating anyway. Water, water, water equals great weight loss. Since I retain water so badly, the more water I drink, the more I lose.

No raisin skin here. I am going to be one fine looking, unwrinkled, thin, healthy and vibrant 48 years young this November!
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Come on in.