My first compliments

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My first compliments

Postby Nova » June 2nd, 2006, 6:26 pm

I'm down over 30 pounds and 2 dress sizes and not one person at work has said anything. I knew I was looking and feeling better, but I was hoping for a compliment or two. Well, this week, I finally got some. :D

One of the guys noticed on Wed, and on Thur someone else said something nice. Then the secretary gave me a nice compliment and had to tell everyone on the floor about it. So I was innundanted with compliments and had to tell them all about Medifast. Not that I minded. I don't think I convinced anyone there to try it though.

It's been a nice week.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 2nd, 2006, 6:30 pm

Nova,
That's fantastic! I was also in the 30's before people started noticing! I guess they're so used to seeing us every day that they don't notice until...suddenly they do!

Those aren't your last compliments...they're going to keep coming! Lots and lots of them!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 2nd, 2006, 6:39 pm

Took 30 pounds for me, too. And even then some of the compliments were "great haircut!"

You'll be getting plenty more, though, so get used to 'em!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » June 2nd, 2006, 9:27 pm

GOOD GOING, NOVA,

Compliments help keep us going! More and More will come your way!

Hey guys, It's almost 11:30 here in Hot Springs Arkansas. And Granny's bedtime!

Besides I wanted to use this cute little emoticon. Image

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nova » June 2nd, 2006, 9:47 pm

To celebrate, I went out clothes shopping, and for the first time in I don't know how long, I shopped in the regular women's section, not the women's plus section. :coolnana:

I really think that wearing baggy clothes keeps you looking heavy. When I tried on some pants and shirts that fit me now, I could really see the difference in myself. I was even brave enough to buy a pair of pants that are a little too small yet. They'll be my diagnostic pants. :)

And next week I'm going to a conference where I'll meet some of my friends I haven't seen in a year. I'm looking forward to seeing their reactions.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lulie » June 2nd, 2006, 10:44 pm

Nova,

I am so happy for you! But I totally understand no one noticing. My mom and dad did notice when I was there the other day, but that was the first anyone did, other than my daughter. She knows what I am doing and is always asking how much I've lost, etc.

My hubby, being the "blind" person he is, hasn't noticed or said a word! He really hurt my feelings tonight because I was decked out to the nines for my daughters award ceremony. Wore a new shirt that was tight when I bought it and now is loose, had my hair and makeup all done up. He didn't say a word! My guess is, he married a skinny woman and now she is fat, so I will not get compliments till I'm more thin.

Ugh! He is a sweet guy, but I know he is really disappointed in all the weight I gained, etc. I will get over my hurt. My daughter was so mad she wanted to tell him, and I told her "NO" if he doesn't notice and can't say anything without being told, I don't want him to say anything at all!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post. But wanted to let you know I can understand no one noticing.

Congratulations.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie

Postby MusicalMomma Reloaded » June 3rd, 2006, 9:24 am

I know we're supposed to be "doing this for me...yadda yadda yadda", but for me, it's so important that people notice and say something about it, mainly because I don't "see" that much difference.

I'm glad you got those wonderful compliments...keep up the good work and MANY More are sure to follow! :)
~Joyce~
Formerly known as MusicalMomma
MusicalMomma Reloaded
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Wtg!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » June 3rd, 2006, 9:55 am

Having people notice the result of your sacrifice and hard work is suchhh a good feeling!!! Way to Go!!! That's so awesome!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969

Postby JKSRN » June 3rd, 2006, 10:19 am

It is such a good feeling when others notice our weight loss efforts. I am waiting for someone to say something, besides, "your face is thinner"!!! Come on, gang, notice the rest of me, will ya?!! :x I am going to see what happens when I get into the 30's, like others have mentioned. :shock: Great success wishes and many compliments for all of you! :D Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » June 3rd, 2006, 1:10 pm

It's always great to have people notice your weight loss. I went to get my hair done, yesterday, and I was waiting for my stylist to say something, but she never did. I noticed that she kept asking if there was anything new going on and I finally said, "well, I've been dieting and lost some weight". Then the floodgates opened and she was soo ecstatic and demonstrative. She did mention that she noticed my weight loss immediately but didn't want to offend me by stating how good I looked. Size and weight can be tricky subjects so maybe your co-workers are a little hesitant about stating the obvious.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » June 3rd, 2006, 5:35 pm

Congratulations Nova! That is super. I was so thrilled the first time that could buy an article of clothing from the "regular" size department!

Those compliments are going to just keep coming and coming!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to The Weight Room