My "Final" Stats

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My "Final" Stats

Postby Sylvia » November 15th, 2004, 10:09 am

As promised, here are my "final" stats at my goal weight. I am still planning for some improvements in inches as I continue to tone so I may update you in a few months. I thought it might be helpful for folks who are just beginning the program.

First, I was on MF for just about 28 weeks (and am still in transition). I did about 12 weeks on the full fast (except for a couple of days where I used the modified plan) and did the other 16 weeks using the modified plan.

During that time, I lost about 72 pounds! I also lost:

Bust: 9 inches
Waist: 12 inches
Lower abdomen: 14 inches
Hip: 14 inches
Thigh: 7.5 inches
Upper Arm: 3.5 inches

I went from a size 16W (and probably an 18 or 20 non-Woman's sizes)
to a 8-10. I am in mostly 8 pants and skirts and mostly 10 tops (unfortunately, my chest did not lose as much weight as I would have liked!).

Needless to say, I am thrilled.

A couple of observations. The pounds tend to come off a bit more quickly in the beginning although with MF, things are fairly steady over time. The inches seems to come off much more quickly as I got smaller. At my current weight, 10 pounds equates to about a full clothing size while at higher weights, it was more like 20 pounds.

Pilates works! I have now been doing it regularly for a bit over 2 months and it has made a huge difference in how I look and what sizes I am able to get into. I love it and do it several nights a week.

I am convinced that regular exercise is key. I do at least 30 mins of cardio every day. I do either pilates or strength training almost every day. One day a week I rest. I feel great. This will also help boost my metabolism. I plan to continue to make exercise a regular part of my life along with a sensible eating plan.

Needless to say, I am thrilled and just immeasurably happier than I was six months ago. Not only am I thin, but the sense of acomplishment I have is fantastic. Stick with the plan and all of you can have this too - take my word for it, it is far better than stuffing myself for the last six months woulf have been!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeweloftheNile » November 15th, 2004, 2:00 pm

Thank you Sylvia for "breaking it down" for us. Congratulations on reaching your goal. 6 months is Awesome! I am sure you are extremely proud and thank you for reaching out to help others.

I really needed this today!

JOTN
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 3:11 pm

Sylvia,

Thank you for an overview your weight loss journey. Your determination and hard work has paid off and now as you transition to maintenance, you will do just as well. :weightlift: Exercise is truly a vital part of weight maintenance and a healthy life.

We have all learned from you, Sylvia as you shared your experiences with us and we are grateful for it. What a :goldstar: special time of your life this is and just think, you will never have to go through this weight loss process again! :thumbig: :cheerleader:

:cheermed: Cheers to you and the next great adventures of life in Thinsville! :burnout:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Karen » November 15th, 2004, 4:54 pm

Thanks and congrats slyvia. Must be wonderful to say you have accomplished your goal. I just finished week one and have a very long way to go, so reading a post like yours really motivates me to keep on. Good luck with the maintenance.
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby gr8views » November 15th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Living proof that it can be done!!! Just like LW, you've made it...

Camille, you're not far behind!!!

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room