feeling like big fat loser idiot

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

feeling like big fat loser idiot

Postby guest » April 24th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Hi,

I did Medifast five years ago, lost sixty pounds! I successfully maintained the weightloss until...until I got pregnant. I gained thirty pounds during my pregnancy (that's thirty net pounds total weight gain after giving birth)!!!! My baby is now 10 months old and it is about time I loose the weight I gained while pregnant. I have started Medifast strong in the morning, but by the evening I am climbing the walls for sugar! Then I say, 'forget it, I am going to eat today and just start tomorrow.' And I do that day after day after day...I am always 'starting tomorrow.'

I want to try again, but also don't want to set myself up to fail. I don't know what to do, how to do it, how to stick with it. I am very scared that I am not ready or not capable of succeeding right now, and I love candy, just absolutely love it and am scared to give it up.

I feel like a big fat loser for being such a failure at weight loss!

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 24th, 2007, 9:01 pm

Hi there! First of all, welcome to the forum! This is the best place you can be if you are on the MF program. We are all here to help each other, reach our goals, and get through those tough times that noone else will understand, excpet those who are going through the same experiences.
I am one of many that have gone through, and still goes through exactly what you are right now!

My best advise is to do what I learned from someone right here on the forum(Serendipity....she's awesome!!) She said many times in many threads... " You have to make up your own mind, and just do it!" You have to be mentally ready to do this program, or else it won't work for you. The program is simple, it is our own selves that make it complicated.

My question is, what is more important to you right now, the sweets or losing those extra pounds? If you keep that in mind, it will be easy to chose when the time comes.

I use the mint bar supplement as my treat everyday. It has replaced my craving for regular candy bars. And frankly, I'd rather have an MF bar than a Hershey's chocolate bar any day.

Lastly, please sign in as a member and create your own profile, and be a part of this awesome forum... You won't be disappointed! Don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up, and start over!

Welcome to the forum.... We'll be here for you! Keep shakin'! :cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » April 24th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Not much to say... Hula said it perfectly. Just know that there are alot of people here (and I am sure in your life), to support you. Use them.

You know it works. Remember what you did the first time. There are alot more choices now, and it makes it easier to stick with it (although more choices can make it harder to decide).

Hang in there, and use the forum for help.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 24th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Hi Guest,
There are no big fat loser idiots.
Just people not ready to deal with their health issues yet.

Hope you join us.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » April 25th, 2007, 2:59 am

Welcome! And I am so glad that you have experience in this program so that you know personally that it works. Another motivation might be looking at the studio thread here and seeing again what dramatic changes people have made on MF. These aren't people on commercials (not yet, anyway!), these are people like you and me who decided to lose weight with MF and really had a commmitment. You can do it too!~
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 25th, 2007, 10:25 am

Welcome!!! You've already been given some excellent advice, so I don't have much to add.

We have all been where you are. Each of us made a decision that it was more important to lose the weight and get healthy rather than choose to eat foods that will not help us accomplish that. You just need to make that same decision and stick with it.

You can do it and we are here to help however we can!!!!

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » April 25th, 2007, 11:16 am

Hey there! I was on Medifast last year, lost over 20 pounds and got pregnant too! I had my baby in January and as soon as I stopped breastfeeding I got right back on Medifast! I am lower than my starting weight last year which was after a baby as well LOL.. *NO MORE BABIES FOR ME!!* :lol:

I am doing it with a little one and a toddler so you can do it too! :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 25th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I think we have to hit a serious LOW before we know that we are ready. When it has hit you hard enough, you will definitely know it is time. At that point, you will dig deep and make it through a full day, taking one day at a time. You will keep asking yourself, what is going to make me FEEL better in the long run? This candy or a shake? The answer will the shake. You will realize that the candy is only instant gratification. Hang in there, it will come. Until then, read the line right above my tracker...:goodluck:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby bikipatra » April 26th, 2007, 12:35 am

lifelovinaries wrote:Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I think we have to hit a serious LOW before we know that we are ready. When it has hit you hard enough, you will definitely know it is time. At that point, you will dig deep and make it through a full day, taking one day at a time. You will keep asking yourself, what is going to make me FEEL better in the long run? This candy or a shake? \goodluck:

Just remember the elevator stops at every floor, we don't have to take it all the way to the bottom now that we have admitted we need help and have MF and all the support here on the board. You NEVER have to feel like a "big fat loser idiot" again. Commitment and change.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby lifelovinaries » April 26th, 2007, 2:52 pm

good point biki...unfortunately, i think i took the elevator all the way to the basement and when i got there i was still trying to dig a hole to go deeper :bricks: so i commend those that are able to let the doors open and step off. Since we should try to turn all our negative thinking into positive thinking ~ guest, since you want to call yourself a big fat loser (even tho we HATE the "f" word around here...) go ahead and be exactly that, a BIG LOSER... LOSE all of that weight, keep your head up and in no time, what was once BIG is no longer. :D

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Return to Come on in.