FEELING DISCOURAGED... COULD USE SOME ENCOURAGEMENT..PLEASE

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

FEELING DISCOURAGED... COULD USE SOME ENCOURAGEMENT..PLEASE

Postby angelgirl » April 15th, 2006, 4:04 am

Hello all. Today was the end of the two week mark for me and I didn't lose a thing. Last week I lost 12.5 pounds and was ectatic but this week... nothing. I will admit that I did cheat once on Tuesday because it was my birthday. I had half of a baked potato that came with my filet mignon but thats it. I ate at about 5:30 and went for a walf after dinner to try and burn those extra calories. I even watched the scale to see if my weight went up but it did not. The only thing I can think of is it's the week before my TOM and maybe thats why but I have never weighed myself before or during that TOM so I don't know, do we (women) gain the week before or during?? Probably a silly question but I really don't know. Maybe I am just a slow looser. I already ordered my shipment for next month but now I wonder if it's even worth it?? This forum is the only support I have right now. My boyfriend lives with me and he eats nothing but junk food and it looks so tempting to go back to but I really want to stay on track.I have even talked to him about how hard it is to watch him eat that stuff but he says" I am just helping you by cleaning it all out of the fridge and cupboards and once it's gone I will start eating healthier." That still does not make me feel any better. I even tried doing all shakes for the last two days hoping that would kickstart the weightloss but it didn't. I am just really frustrated right now. My willpower is on the edge right now. I am really hoping this is all just PMS and I will feel better next week. Sorry it's so lengthy... I am not usually a chatty person but like i said before you people are all I have something in common with.
angelgirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 15th, 2006, 4:25 am

Angel,

Don't be discouraged. I have been through several plateaus including one my second week, just as you are. This is how our bodies work. It is perfectly natural to have a bit of a slow period after a big loss. I stuck to it. Just look at my ticker and you will see that it does work to stick to the program.

If the scale is worrying you, put it away. Just stick to the program and forget about it. The weight will come off.

BTW, 12.5 pounds in 2 weeks is not considered slow.....it's fantastic!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 15th, 2006, 5:33 am

Angel--Please stick with it. You indicated that possibly your TOM is coming up and that can definetly cause a stall in weight loss or even a gain. Try upping your water over the next couple of days to push out any water your body may be retaining due to TOM. The weight will come off if you stay true to the program.

BTW I say you help your boyfriend start getting healthier by trashing all that junk food now!

Lisa

PS Happy Belated Birthday to you :birthday:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lauradr » April 15th, 2006, 6:44 am

Lisaand Jo said it all, just wanted to give you a big and telll you to hang in there the loss will come. :bighug:
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nova » April 15th, 2006, 6:48 am

Hi Angel,

I know how you feel. I just finished my second week, and I didn't lose very much at all. But my pants were fitting much looser. I stuck with it, and this morning my weight loss started again.

Tell your boyfriend that if he -has- to eat that stuff, absolutely do not do it in front of you. Tell him to eat it outside or when you're gone, and if he's going to keep it in the house, tell him to hide it somewhere you don't usually look. It's not fair to you, especially when you're just starting out.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby gettinthinny » April 15th, 2006, 7:03 am

`

Hang in there... this HAS to work and it will work for you too. In a few days, you will see a HUGE loss!

"Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped." ~ James Corbett
deb

Started 04/13/06
5'10"
gettinthinny
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby electra000 » April 15th, 2006, 8:03 am

You might try drinking warm lemon water. This helps me with water retention during TOM. I retain alot of water the week before and during. Just remember to stay on program. The scale is probably not moving due to water weight, but you are still losing inches. Just be patient. ;)
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » April 15th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Two weeks is really not a very long time. It's just taking your body time to adjust to this new foodie lifestyle. Patience is the key!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hormona

Postby Jan » April 15th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Hmmm,
It sounds to me like "homona" got you. Hormones do play a big role in weight loss. Some times we do tend to retain fluid. Don't worry you've been doing great!! Just keep on going and the pounds will start coming off again. It is hard to have someone eat things in front of you. Hopefully he will run out of junk food soon. My hubby likes to eat peanut butter. Gerrrrrr. Oh well he is tall and skinny and I'm tall but not toooo skinny :mrgreen: I'll be checking on you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mamabear » April 15th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Sounds like you are doing great! have you taken any measurements? It is possible that while you may not be losing pounds you could be losing inches. Just stick with it and you will keep losing. :hug:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby angelgirl » April 16th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Thanks all. Everybody was right... it was hormones and that T.O.M. I weighed in today and lost 4 pounds. I need to stop obsessing with the scale and only weigh in once a week. I ordered one of those fast track tape measurers on ebay and am still waiting for it to come. Thanks again for all the encouraging words. Iwas so happy with this mornings weigh in that I did not cheat at all for easter dinner. I had 7 oz. of chicken that I brought with and nuked and my 3 pickles. There was tons of food and goodies out and I didn't snack once. Hope everyone had a good Easter as well.
angelgirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby montana1963 » April 16th, 2006, 9:11 pm

keep posting and never look back, you know in your heart you are doing the program right... good luck
CURVY VIXEN ON A MISSION!
montana1963

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 16th, 2006, 10:06 pm

I went through the SAME THING for TWO WEEKS! Don't worry at all! Keep plugging along and you will win the battle with your body!

I have faith in you!!! Post ANYTIME!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room