Fast Shakes

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Fast Shakes

Postby AJ » July 7th, 2004, 2:54 pm

With a busy household, I didn't want to worry about cleaning a blender everytime I made a shake; BUT I liked having crushed ice. So, DH bought me a metal meat tenderizer. I put my cubed ice in a sandwich bag and smash the ice (with the smooth side of the tenderizer), toss it in the shaker jar, add water, the shake powder and anything else I need for flavor, and shake away! (After fastening the lid on, of course! ;) )

The clean up is a snap and I can make the shakes very quickly.

Keep shaking!
:cheers: AJ
AJ
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby justme » July 9th, 2004, 2:52 pm

That is a good idea! :D I bought a brand new blender when I first started and I used it ONCE..lol it’s just so much easier to use the shaker jar.

Carli
Start Date June 15, 2004

253.5/247.5/140
justme

Magic Bullet

Postby SneeeZeeKitten » July 13th, 2004, 12:07 pm

I agree on the cleaning the blender thing, but I really love my shakes well-blended and chilled. I know it is an added expense, BUT........I bought the Magic Bullet Blender (As Seen on TV) and the extra "mugs".....if you don't know what this is, it is a small blender where the main container is used as a mug when you unscrew the blade from underneath......This means I mix my shake in the same container I drink it from and throw it in the dishwasher! It also crushes ice. Again, an added and totally unneccesary expense, but I have really enjoyed using it. It also comes with lids, so I mix two or three at a time, cap them and leave them in the fridge. Then I give it a quick re-whip before drinking!
SneeeZeeKitten

Postby Nancy » July 14th, 2004, 12:19 am

Hey, Sneezee and AJ, thanks for the great tips!

You are sure right on about that - Washing a blender is not a lot of fun and it does take time to do it right. You both offer great suggestions. Now I want a Magic Bullet!! Sounds like it will really make summer coolers fast and a snap to clean up.

Crushed ice or even two-three cubes of ice in the shaker jar help to make a nice frosty cold drink. You may need to hang on to the meat tenderizer after you reach your goal - you'll need it to beat all the people who will be chasing after you to find out your secret to weight loss!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » July 22nd, 2004, 12:19 am

Hey SneeeZeeKitten,

After reading your post about the Magic Bullet, I ordered one on eBay and it came today. This little deal is terrific for Medifasting! :pour: I was using my Braun Wand Blender but it seemed like crushing ice was a little tough on it. This Bullet is just as easy to wash, and does a superior job of mixing and crushing ice. :thumbup: Thanks for your review. My life is a little easier now. :whistle:

Thanks again for sharing this tip! :toast:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby AJ » July 22nd, 2004, 6:52 pm

Since I posted, I found a new addition to my "fast" shakes. Now they are Moderately fast :roll:
I still smash my ice with a meat mallet. Then, I use a shake blender - it sounds like the wand blender and the clean up is just as slick since I just run the mixing stick under running water to clean.
Happy shaking! :cheers:
AJ
AJ
Regular Member - #20 Club

AJ's Cool Shakes & a Hot New Product

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2004, 2:49 pm

Hi, AJ ~

You are being very resourceful and have come up with a great way to make a tasty cool shake. The current hot weather in the Portland Vancouver area is sure a reason for having a cool, cool icy shake - it makes meal time a real treat!

I just got back from Baltimore early this morning and stayed up late chattin' it up with Unca until 3 AM. I'm still in a fog from the three hour time difference. I just had a serving of our NEW Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Vegetables. Yum! Even on a hot day, the soup is good.
I'll be writing about this new product and others in the next Newsletter. Stay tuned!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » July 27th, 2004, 3:21 pm

Nancy,

That new soup sounds wonderful. I swear by the chicken noodle but this sounds like it will be right up my alley. Will it be available in August?

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2004, 4:38 pm

Sylvia,
Yep, it will be available August 1st.

I added a dash of curry powder and a bit of Morton's Natures Season Blend - it has no msg. It was super good! The wild rice is a bit crunchy but that's all right with me. It has nice green peas that plump up and real live dehydrated chicken pieces that also plump up. The soup is really good!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » August 5th, 2004, 3:21 pm

Ooh - I didn't see the new soup when I placed my August order. Guess I'll need to wait another month. Also, I just received the Magic Bullet blender I ordered after reading this string. I absolutely love it! My shake this morning was so much more filling I could barely finish it. It's so portable I'm almost thinking of bringing it to work so I can use it during the day...
Sylvia

Return to Weight Loss