Faith

1 Thread per registered User.

Faith

Postby Faith » May 26th, 2007, 10:55 am

I have been lurking in the shadows for many weeks now. Looking at the post, being encouraged, crying at some, rejoicing with you. I have now decided to begin mine.

My name is Yolanda. I am a 32 yr old married female with two daughters, 12 and 4. I have dealt with being overweight all my life. At points of my life it didn't bother me. I still felt sexy. Now after gaining, so much weight throughout the last 10 years of my life, I no longer feel sexy, just plain fat and bluberish.

I have been researching several diets, and always felt drawn to this. I looked at the price and wondered, how could I really finance this diet? Still determined that I would do it as I could and finances would allow. I just had faith. Thus, my name. I was talking to my grandmother and mother about this on Thursday. Well, later my mother said, I have something for you. I went to her house and can you believe she had like 15 boxes of Medifast products!!!!! She said a co-worker was on it and quit and was giving the stuff away and it had been at her job for a week. How marvelous is that. I was blessed to receive enough to start before I place my first order. So I believe it was intened for me to be here. I will be beginning my program Monday. I am very excited.

Thanks to this group. Reading the post has made me excited to start this journey.
Last edited by Faith on May 26th, 2007, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 26th, 2007, 10:57 am

Welcome and what a miracle for you! Let us know if you have any questions.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Faith

Postby MerryMary » May 26th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Faith wrote:II have been researching several diets, and always felt drawn to this. I looked at the price and wondered, how could I really finance this diet? Still determined that I would do it as I could and finances would allow. I just had faith. Thus, my name. I was talking to my grandmother and mother about this on Thursday. Well, later my mother said, I have something for you. I went to her house and can you believe she had like 15 boxes of Medifast products!!!!! She said a co-worker was on it and quit and was giving the stuff away and it had been at her job for a week. How marvelous is that.

Hi, Faith :wave: What a beautiful name you've chosen and how apropos! And I agree that the appearance of 15 boxes of MF product is truly a sign. :D I wish you luck on your MF journey--you are certainly off to a positive start! :cheermed:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Mavesse » May 26th, 2007, 3:40 pm

How cool...free food from the sky!

Welcome Faith! I'm glad you're here! I'm still fairly new myself (I've been on Medifast for about five weeks). I found the first few days kind of rough, but then I got on a roll and now I feel great and I bet you will too. I wish you lots of success :D
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 26th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Faith, what a great gift to receive!

Welcome to Medifast and MMT!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » May 26th, 2007, 6:55 pm

Hi Faith,
That is sooo super that the boxes of MF were just waiting for you. Be sure and save your pennies now ... you know that's your groceries .. so that when it's time to reorder you'll be all ready.
We are sooo happy to have you with us.. and we'll all cheer you on.
:D :D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 27th, 2007, 12:49 pm

Hi Faith,

I'm so glad you're joining us!

I pay a lot of attention to signs and that was a heckuva sign to go ahead and start MF!

We'll be here for any questions you have! Make sure you download and read the quick start guide so you know how to do the program correctly!

Happy you're shakin' with us!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » May 27th, 2007, 2:48 pm

:wave: Hola, Faith!
Welcome!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Faith » May 29th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Again, I am back. I really appreciate all the warm welcomes from each of you. I would have replied sooner, but I accidentally fried my keyboard and just got another one.

Well, almost two days on the diet. I actually did well the first day. I do think it helped that I was off from work, so a little nap helped to get through the day. I'm feeling pretty good. My husband and I went to breakfast this morning at Huddle House, and I was looking at the specials. It was a weak moment, but I kept telling myself, I want to be thin and then I can have it again. Whew!!! I got throught that with some water and coffee.

I have been struggling with weight issues for as long as I can remember. I went on my very first diet the summer before I went to 7th grade. I made up my own little routine and menus and lost the weight. Of course, like all of us, only to gain it back. And this has been the pattern for the course of my life. I'm just praying to stay of track and make this different than all the other times. I am tired of being over 300 lbs. This is the highest I have ever been in my life. I'm embarrassed to go places for fear that people are staring at me. I have to stay determined. I have been depressed for many months because of my weight. Just not depressed enough to stop eating.

Well I'm off the drink more water. I got 74 oz in yesterday and I'm a little behind to day. Have a great day, shakers.
Faith

Postby Tawanda » May 29th, 2007, 2:33 pm

Faith, glad you checked in and you should be very proud of yourself for making it through that breakfast without just tossing in the towel and having something off program. It isn't easy to say no to the foods that we enjoy (and I pretty much enjoy all foods unfortunately).
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Faith » May 29th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Tawanda wrote:It isn't easy to say no to the foods that we enjoy

Tawanda, it was very hard. I was looking at the grits and eggs with sausage and my mouth starting watering. I begin to reason with myself. "Hey, I haven't been on this long, so I can start again tomorrow." But I looked at the menu and just begin to say, I want to be thin, I want to be thin and I can have it again. Thanks for the encouragement Tawanda.
Faith

Postby SuzyQ66 » May 29th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Hi Faith and welcome. You will find wonderful people on this forum to help you celebrate your wins and encourage you when you need it. It truly was a great sign that those boxes of MF were waiting for you. You will love this program...the losses that people experience, including myself, is part of what keeps us all going. :D
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonnaS » May 31st, 2007, 6:58 am

Hello Faith, I'm glad to be in this family, even though I don't have my Medifast food yet. Thanks for stopping in on my journal and giving me encouragement. Hopefully my food will be in next week and I can get going on down the road to being healthy. I'm dtermined, like you, and I am here to stay too.
Donna
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Faith » May 31st, 2007, 7:00 am

I'm on my 4th day of MF now. It hasn't been too bad. Not sure if I have gotten in all the supplement though. I've been trying hard. I have been drinking close to 80oz of water a day and by the time I eat my L&G I am so full. Anyway, I am happy I have dropped 5lbs. I hope by the time I get to roll call, I will be able to join the 10# club. Might be asking a lot, but hey, I'm gonna shoot for it :D.

Off to read more journals to stay encouraged.

Yolanda
Faith

Postby BiggerInTexas » May 31st, 2007, 7:28 am

Welcome to MF and CONGRATS on the 5lbs!!! You are on your way!!! :mrgreen:
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to My Journal