hi everone

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

hi everone

Postby susan » December 20th, 2003, 10:05 am

I just lost one pound this week :( :x at my self I cheated for the first time my husband was eating chips and I love chips my weakness first time we had them in the house since I started the program. we was watching tv and he offered me some i got a hand ful and then another hand ful before I came to my sences and ask my self what do you think you are doing to yourself .I am back doing what I am suppose to do tho .It just disgusted me to think I wasn;t strong enough to get up and go to the other room the urge would have passed if I had. I sure am struggling to mantain 2 or 3 pounds lost a week I have started excerising and hope that will give me a boost does any one have any ideas you are all doing so good every week but I am not doing that good it is :( and I feel like :cry: some times but I won;t give up 34# lost since oct.29, I have lost some every wek just not big losses 231/197/125 susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Donna501 » December 20th, 2003, 5:05 pm

Hi Susan,

well I dont think that you should beat yourself up too bad over the chip rage. ha ha. I myself had to stop the program for a week or so. I have been one of the lucky ones and got this flu. I have seen more er rooms and doctors offices in the last week then I have in my life. The only good thing is I have gained nothing back. But in the same breath I lost nothing either. But I am just trying to hang in there. My husband started the program today, so I am getting back on track. I should be okay now that someone else in the household is on it too. Less chance too cheat. There is no reason to buy junky food now. So just hang in there. We will get thru this!!!
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Maggie » December 20th, 2003, 8:29 pm

Susan, You are doing great. Don't let a little slip up cause you to be so hard on yourself. One thing you can do is don't buy snacks that you know are going to temp you. Or if you must buy them, when he gets out the chips, you get out the celery sticks or cauliflower or go get a dill pickle. Another is to have a talk with hubby and ask for his help in helping you to stay on your program. I'm not saying it was his fault that you ate the chips, but if he had not offered, you might have had the strength to resist asking for chips. I also have to deal with watching my husband eat foods which I would love to have just one bite of. I know if I take one bite, it is goodbye Medifast for today. This is only temporary. There will be a time later for us to eat chips (in moderation, of course). Your mistake is in the past. Let it go. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » December 21st, 2003, 11:56 am

Hi Donna501 ,Maggie, thanks for the encouragment I needed that .I will be so glad when the hoiladays are behind us .It is so hard sometimes i have made candy and fruit cakes cho.pretzels and pies and all the good stuff.for the holidays because we have a big family and i am the only one losing wt. last night we had his family here for christmas and today some more of his familyand wednesday christmas eve all my family will be here and after that I will clean all the junk food up and send the left overs home with them all and life will be easier for me .to stick to the program. so sorry you had the flu it has REALLY BEEN BAD THIS YEAR my son and his wife has had a bout of it also .Elmer and i got flu shots so far so good i hope it stays that way. I sat at the table with them last night and I eat a piece of ham and drank a shake later so I didn;t do to bad now to just get thru the rest of the holidays I will be home free and back on scheale .susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby parrotmom » December 22nd, 2003, 12:07 pm

Susan: Hang in there! I totally sympathize with you about all the holiday treats that are around. I've had to dodge all kinds of goodies. I just remind myself that they are around now, they were around yesterday, and they'll be around tomorrow. It's my choice to have them or not, and I choose not! I'm working too hard to jeopardize my progress for a potato chip (or cookie, or candy, or whatever is in my path). Drink a glass of water, take a walk, take bath, whatever it takes to help you make the right decisions :D
Amy in San Diego
196/160/130 (1st Medifast round - Nov03-Apr04)
174/160/130 (2nd Medifast round - 09/27/04)
parrotmom
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room