Emma's Mom

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Emmasmom » September 12th, 2006, 9:52 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Kendra and I started MF on September 1. So far, I have lost 7lbs. I am so excited about finding this thread, you guys have really inspired me today! I am a stay-at-home mom to a beautiful little girl and have a wonderful supportive husband. My husband is very thoughtful and has really helped me through the first week, but I feel I must have some support from people who are on MF. Is it ok that I join this thread? I get on the scale every morning and it just sits on 7 lbs. It won't go down, so today I am doing 3 shakes before 2, maybe that will get it back in gear. I have a lot to lose, like 150 lbs, so I need all the motivation and support that I can get. I feel so much better since starting on MF and haven't had too many cravings, so I've been very happy with this program.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day! Keep up the good work! :D
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby cyn » September 12th, 2006, 10:05 am

Emmasmom~Welcome! Glad you are joining us. The more the merrier!! Congrats on the 7lb loss! Careful with the scales though cause they can make you nuts! Just stay focused and stick to the plan and you will have success. Believe me I know all too well about having alot to lose. I only put my goal as 199 because I havent been below 200 in ages!! My actual goal will be smaller but for now I am shooting for onederland! Good luck on your journey and please keep posting. I love to have the support and inspiration I gain from my friends on this thread as well as the rest of the board. It really is helpful to know you arent alone.
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby tlo » September 12th, 2006, 10:44 am

Welcome Emmasmom, its great to have you. As Cyn said, we all can use each other's shoulders to lean on. You will be at your goal no time, just keep shakin!!!

Today is day 2 for me and it has started off alright, I didn't get a chance to get my first meal in till about 1:00p so I am behind, but I will have to cut my meals down to every 2 hours instead of every 3 to get them all in. Its rainy today in Cleveland which always bumms me out a little and makes me want to just stay at home under the covers and sleep. But I am here at work trying to make it thorough the day, and get all my meals/water in. The first 3 days are always hard and today is a little tougher than yesterday because I am craving something warm, sweet, and cake-like, but I am going to drink some water and wait till 3:00 so I can eat my salmon salad....Yummmmm.

Well I hope everyone has a great Tuesday, and I will check in with everyone later.
Peace and blessings :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby JeepGirl » September 12th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Welcome ABoard the best Losing Ship around!

You will love it here and Of course you can join us! We are always looking for new crew mates to keep it interesting :D

Word of advice..weighing everyday can be a love/hate relationship. It is recommended that you weigh once a week but I admit that I now weigh every few days. I know that days the scale doesnt like me I get kinda moody so I do better not weighing each day.

Be sure to get all your water in as well as all the meals and you will do Great!!

BTW--when I saw the title my first thought was "Hmm who needs me?" I have an Emma as well! Dont ya just love that name. Mine is 7 going on 17 though so she is outta the sweet and innocent stage at the moment :lol:
JeepGirl

Postby Drama Queen » September 12th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Welcome!!

Glad you found us. You are going to love the folks on this Forum. They are the best!!! Feel free to post all your questions, someone is always around with the answer. Keep us posted on your progress and drink, drink, drink your water!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby alohacate » September 12th, 2006, 12:43 pm

Welcome, welcome!! You can do this, we can do this together. In less than three months I am down 42 pounds *YAY* Let's get shakin girl!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » September 12th, 2006, 2:08 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kendra, glad to have you here with us! Much success is wished for you! You can do it! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » September 12th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Welcome Emmasmom! Glad you are joining us. I agree with the scale thing. I've just vowed to only weigh once per week (our Sunday roll call) because it is too discouraging and frustrating when it doesn't move.

Hang in there and keep posting.
Elizabeth

Postby Emmasmom » September 12th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Hi all, thanks so much for making me feel welcome! :-P I am so glad I found you guys! I agree with everyone about the scale, so I asked my husband to hide it from me. He can bring it out on weigh-in day and then he has to hide it again. I obsesse about the scale going down and get frustrated if I think that I'm not seeing results. My husband keeps telling me that I'm doing great and just to be proud of the weight that I've lost in one week...sometimes he's a pretty smart cookie, but please don't tell him that, it'll go straight to his head! :D

JeepGirl, I do love that name! My Emma turned 2 in June and she's every bit of 2.

It's very encouraging to see everyone so supportive, and I appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness. Everyone have a good night!
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » September 12th, 2006, 5:17 pm

WELCOME!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elke » September 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm

I have a Emilie :) AKA Angel
Anyway just wanted to stop in and say welcome to the group. These/we are a great bunch of people with lots of advice, fun and most of all support. Glad you are here :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 12th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Hi Kendra! Welcome :D
My name is Kendra too.... and tho I have two boys, I was convinced that both of them were girls and had the name Emma picked out!

I'm so glad that you found the forum. This is a wonderfully supportive place to be. I started around the same time as you and the support I've gotten here has been a lifeline just in that short time.

You'll do great!!

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby PJinCali » September 13th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Welcome Kendra

:wave:
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby chelleA » September 15th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Hi Aunt Hunny!

I'm so glad that I have a best friend :stroll: and neice doing this with me. You gave me the encouragement to get back on the program. I've been struggling with obstacles, and been off and on for too long. Now I have a "shakin' partner" :coolnana: to do this with me. I love you and know that together we can get this weight off! You will find the most helpful resources and the BEST encouragement of all right here! :goteam: The friends that I've made here are such a blessing!

I have confessions to make...........even tho I told you NOT to weigh everyday........I TOO weigh several times a day. So now.........I PROMISE :bow: to get Steven to hide mine too! I will only weigh once a week.

My next confession is this........I can't change my avatar of Emma and I because she's MY BABY!!!!!!!! ;) LUV YA with all my :heart: !!!
chelleA
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » September 16th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Hi Kendra!

I'm so glad you joined the shakers forum! I'm SO glad you and 'Chelle can be shaking buddies! We're all here for you girl!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.