Dutch Chocolate tastes different

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Dutch Chocolate tastes different

Postby xwoman » June 8th, 2006, 8:41 pm

I have a question for all those out there. I noticed my Dutch Chocolate shakes taste different than before, one batch tasted REALLY yummy and another batch taste ICK, is there different supply houses for the Medifast or only one? I notice there are Blue and Red Boxes...

Help

By the way I am now down 20, hubby 25 :D but things will slow if I can not figure this out
Just Shake and Shed , Shake and Shed...

xwoman
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 8th, 2006, 8:59 pm

Check the dates, maybe? They've been changing the packaging, so maybe you have some older boxes?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » June 9th, 2006, 5:33 am

I have never really noticed a difference. Robin is right though, you should check the dates.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2006, 9:06 am

Hi, xwoman ~

Oh, I am so sorry that your shakes taste weird. I can honestly say that I have never had that happen to me and I have been shaking since July 2002. In all that time I have had only a few wonky things - I had one package of Chicken Noodle Soup that had about three noodles in it and barely a tablespoon of soup mix and I have had a few RTDs that were thick and grundy - that's it. Now I do not mean to diminish the fact that your shake is not as tasty as before. The powdered shakes are all manufactured in Owings Mills, Maryland. The company is gradually changing the packaging colors so that would explain the difference in the look of the boxes.

If your products are not acceptable, I'd return them.

Medifast has a great return policy for products received within the last 30 days. If you ordered through your Take Shape For Life Health Advisor, give him/her a call and they will help you or you can call the TSFL Customer Care Center toll free at 1-800-572-4417. Have your Customer ID # and the order invoice number handy.

If you ordered directly through the parent company, Medifast Diet then call 1-800-638-7867. They will replace the unopened packets.

Xwoman, I just wonder if by chance you got diabetic shakes - check the info stamped on the individual packet to see if it might be a diabetic shake, as they are not as sweet-tasting as the others. I use the Medifast Plus Women's Health shakes and they are richer and sweeter-tasting than the regular Medifast 55 formulation and when I drink the regular ones, I really notice the difference. Otherwise, I never would have known!

Please let us know what you find out. Thank you.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby JKSRN » June 9th, 2006, 4:30 pm

I received delivery of a few items today and noticed that the boxes of Oatmeal and Chocolate Mint bars, were dated 2002. Also, the information on the outside of the box is outdated. The oatmeal packages inside were OK and dated 2005. No date on the bars, though. I tried one and it seemed OK.
I called Medifast to check, and was told that they are trying to use up their supply of old boxes. Guess a penny saved is a penny earned. Anyway, it might be good to check the boxes and contents if they appear different from the newer aqua/white boxes. Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2006, 4:47 pm

Thank you, Joan. I personally would not want outdated products (esp. bars!)

I'd send them back....
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.