dragon breath

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

dragon breath

Postby JustJeni » April 24th, 2006, 6:53 pm

What do you use to get rid of the dragon breath?
♥♥Jeni♥♥
JustJeni
Preferred member

Postby Joelie » April 24th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Extra Wintergreen gum. It lasts an extra EXTRA long time! ;)

No more than 5 a day though. :)
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ktrout » April 24th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Listerine strips and I brush a lot.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » April 24th, 2006, 9:40 pm

Dentyne Fire or Trident White in cinnamon. I don't think mine's all that bad, though. It was worse when I was deeper in ketosis, back in my Atkins days.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Becky » April 24th, 2006, 9:55 pm

I can tell you that my breath has been WORSE than it has EVER been in my entire life this time around.... because this is the first time I have been good for 16 weeks without cheating, so the ketosis thing is definitely working! It has been so bad that I can't stand it myself & my husband has had to turn away from me & told me that it was horrendous (not to hurt my feelings, but because it was REALLY bad & he figured if he could smell it, other people could). So... I did a bunch of research on the internet & didn't find anything that really helps for ketosis breath... just for bad breath from bacteria. That was disappointing. However... I did hear about BreathRX on TV awhile back & decided I may as well try it. It has definitely improved my breath ALOT & my husband just told me the other day that it is SO much better & he has no complaints now. I drink a ton of water, I use the tongue scraper, the flossing, the brushing with my sonicare & the special BreathRX mouthwash. I think the main thing keeping the dragon breath away is the mouthwash. After every shake, I drink a bunch of water, then swish with the special mouthwash. I have to do it after EVERY one though. But if it works, I'll do it. I don't want people passing out around me.

My husband cracked up in the car the other day. I have this miniature travel size mouthwash thing that I keep in my purse & refill every couple of days with my BreathRX. I whipped it out in the car after my shake & took a swig, swished, then deposited the remnants into an empty water bottle (I know... probably more than you really wish I had told you). Anyway, he said it looked like I had a flask of alcohol in my purse & all I needed to do was to make my eyes look a bit more shifty & look around more at the cars around us before I have a swig. It was funny. :mrgreen: WARNING though... when you're thirsty, don't accidentally grab the water bottle of used mouthwash when you're out driving around. Ugh. I almost did.
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Pashta » April 25th, 2006, 6:02 am

LOL Becky that would be just sooooo nasty. :eck:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 25th, 2006, 10:13 pm

I use Listerine strips. Heck I use so many of them I ought to buy STOCK in the company!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Bonnie » April 26th, 2006, 1:32 pm

You guys crack me up :roll:

My husband asked me why I was chewing gum - since I have not had any for years. I told him it was because my breath was so bad using the medifast products. He then said "who cares"? I said everyone around me can smell it I am sure. He then said (no one better be getting close enough to you to smell it). It made me feel good that he was over protective about me getting close enough for anyone to smell my breath. LOL

I use sugar free gum and mouth wash. You will not catch me drinking mouth wash in the car like Becky. Funny thing is I could see her doing it. :lol:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby SPMUSTANG » April 26th, 2006, 6:51 pm

My breath is so sickingly sweet that sometimes I have to eat my dill pickle allotment just to cut the taste. Nasty! I chew so much gum now too, especially Dentene Fire, that I even hear my jaws click. But, as one thread said one time----it's the taste (and smell) of success.
SPMUSTANG
Regular Member - #70 Club

First thought

Postby Mike » April 27th, 2006, 12:11 pm

My first thought is stay away from the lair.. lol.
Gastric bypass doesn't allow for gum, so I use sugar free Myntz. They are great, and dentist approved.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Return to Weight Loss