DogMa

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: DogMa

Postby DogMa » October 12th, 2009, 12:24 pm

Thank, guys. Welcome back, Joy. And Karli, that's because you're an Amazon and I'm a midget. :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karli » October 12th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Yeah, but still ... I'm slightly jealous :twisted:
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » October 13th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Honestly, I'd rather have the height. At my size, every freaking pound makes a big difference. Five pounds is totally noticeable to other people. Not to mention how few calories I burn. I have the appetite of a much bigger person. :)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 19th, 2009, 6:25 pm

I feel your pain, I am 5'2" and I always said if I was a foot taller I wouldn't be heavy I would be awesome! I do have a saving grace, though I have bigger hips and long legs so I can actually carry my weight pretty well, but I know how much I weigh and what size clothing I have to put on!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Karli » October 22nd, 2009, 6:45 am

I have to admit, it does *help* to be tall in terms of not having every single pound look like I'm packing it on, but of course that in itself can breed some pretty great excuses as to why I don't need to be any thinner, when in fact I would really like to weigh less than what I do ! And, if you are pretty tall AND pretty overweight, especially like I was when I first started MF, you just feel as though you take up SO MUCH space !!! It feels disgusting ! There is absolutely nothing that a person could say is "cute" about it, whereas shorter people who are maybe pudgy still sort of fit into a cute category, you know ? Tall and overweight people are just plain HUGE ... at least that is how I felt :oops:.
Karli

Postby Lauren » October 22nd, 2009, 8:38 am

Oh my god, Karli, that is SO true! I just always felt like I took up miles of space visually in a room! And I have always maintained that tall girls don't get the "cute" description. I always wanted to be one of those petite little things who I affectionately referred to as "throw them over your shoulder" girls. :-)

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby DogMa » October 22nd, 2009, 9:47 am

So the lesson here is none of us will ever be completely satisfied with how we look? I'm going nuts lately because I still can't tuck a shirt into my pants; I'm incredibly short-waisted, so it just looks like I'm wearing mom pants or something, even if they're low-waist pants. :oops:

Anyway, still hovering around 123 because of a series of sodium-filled eating excursions. But I'm also keeping up with the strength training (except for having to skip all three kinds of pushups the other day after I went bowling and my shoulder started acting up again), and the iron seems to be helping me get my running mojo back.

I hope everyone here is doing well. Lauren, still with that guy?
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Lauren » October 22nd, 2009, 1:29 pm

Ahhh, with women the grass is ALWAYS greener, huh? Ehh, who needs to tuck in a shirt, anyway? :-)

Sorry the shoulder is acting up again, but bowling will do it! I LOVE bowling with friends, I am horrible at it, but we always have such a great time - big group of us, most of whom are drinking A LOT - and just exhibiting some really god awful bowling techniques and loving every minute of it! I tell people there are very few things in life I can suck that bad at but love so much - most things I'm typical type A perfectionist....Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon, and back into push up action!

Yep, still very much going strong with the boyfriend. We just got back from a fantastic vacation in Switzerland and Germany, he celebrated Yom Kippur with me and the family, and he's coming away with us over Christmas. Full steam ahead...who knew? :-)

How about you? Any new interests? Any fun stories?

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren

Postby DogMa » October 26th, 2009, 11:57 am

Nah, just the normal weirdness, as far as men go. A much-younger guy at work who's been flirting shamelessly for two months. A guy I went out with once who e-mails me every few weeks out of the blue but never has anything to say. And a guy on meetup.com who started out just asking if I knew anything about this one group, but later confessed that he e-mailed because he saw my photo on the site and thinks I'm cute.

Oh, and I'm participating in a clinical trial for people with Social Anxiety Disorder. It hasn't started quite yet, but I've passed all the steps. I think I go for a baseline session this week, and then the real stuff starts next week. Except I couldn't go to the group thing (because it's from 5 till 9!), so they're setting up special sessions with just me, the therapist and one other participant. But they're supposed to talk to them and get back with me to coordinate a time/day and they haven't done that yet.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Karli » October 27th, 2009, 9:09 am

Sounds interesting, Robin. Sounds like the random emailer guy just wants to stay connected but doesn't really know how ... haha ! Ah, well, he'll probably give up eventually :). I hope your sessions go well !
Karli

Postby DogMa » October 27th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Yeah, it's actually a drug trial, but it's testing whether the stuff aids the traditional cognitive behavioral therapy. The drug is one that's already in use (um, for erectile dysfunction) and of course I won't know if I'm getting that or a placebo, although I had a test dose of the real thing a couple of weeks ago to make sure it didn't do anything horrible to me.

They finally called me back this afternoon. I have my baseline session with the therapist on Thursday. They're having trouble reaching the other participant who was going to be in my little group of two, so she said if he doesn't call back, I'll just get individual therapy instead. Which would be totally cool with me.

I keep thinking random e-mail guy will give up and go away - or heck, ask me out, but just do SOMEthing. Nothing so far, though. Just resurfaces, asks how things are and maybe one other question, then disappears again. Or says something really boring that doesn't seem to need any response, so I just drop it. Weird.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Tawanda » October 28th, 2009, 6:08 am

Robin, the study sounds like a great idea---good for you for being willing to participate in it. Hopefully they will find that the drug works to help people battling social anxiety and will be able to give others more help in the future! It cannot be comfortable to do the study (would not be for me) so I admire that you are willing to participate.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » October 29th, 2009, 6:46 am

Robin, that is weird ! I didn't realize that asking you out again was actually an option for random email guy. I just assumed that .... well, I am not sure what I assumed ! He must be really shy or something ! But, yes, that is strange !
Karli

Postby DogMa » October 29th, 2009, 9:42 am

Well, the first meeting was just a meeting, since we'd actually met online. Not really a date. So technically, he's never asked me out. He just ... e-mails. Very odd.

And I had to back out of the study. They were SO disorganized, and after all that about the individual or two-person sessions, which were supposed to be shorter, they called to schedule it and said they wanted me there once a week from 3 to 7 p.m. I can't see even ASKING to leave at 2:15 or 2:30 every week for five weeks, so I told 'em there was no way I could do that (the day before she had talked about 4 to 7). So I'm done with that, but I'm going to look into some other options (our Employee Assistance Program, some workbooks, etc.).

Oh, and the exercise bike I wanted last month on Woot came back again yesterday. So even though I'm not supposed to be spending extra money, I bought it. It was $200 less than Amazon's sale price. I want it as an occasional change from the treadmill, plus as something extra I can do in front of the big TV (it's rated very highly and one thing everyone says is how quiet it is). It's a Schwinn (made by Nautilus), with something like 12 program, a built-in fan, heart rate monitor, etc.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » October 29th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Sorry about the clinical trial falling through-that sucks. Your bike sounds really cool! I think I need one of those or my own elliptical. My husband is refusing to go the gym until the swine flu panic passes or he gets a vaccine.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal