dinner recipes...

Add your favorite recipes.

dinner recipes...

Postby malcmg » June 21st, 2005, 7:56 am

I need some recipes that me and my husband can both eat, like chicken, beef or whatever w/ veggies. Everything I find elsewhere is so bland sounding and I am not a good experimenter.
malcmg

Postby DogMa » June 21st, 2005, 12:27 pm

Let's see ... my recent dinners have been:

Tri-tip steak coated with spices (my current favorite is a Cajun blend with no salt or sugar) and then roasted, with some broiled zucchini and colored bell peppers (I usually sprinkle a little seasoning on the veggies and add either a little lemon juice or a spritz of olive oil spray).

Chicken breast (marinated in lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and oregano) grilled on my indoor grill or broiled, with either that same zucchini mix or maybe some grilled eggplant or portobello mushrooms.

Fish fillets (I like tilapia best) marinated in sugar-free teriyaki sauce and grilled or broiled, with the same veggie sides.

Lamb sirloin (I just found this at Costco and it's my new favorite), marinated or covered with a dry rub and grilled, with eggplant and either red bell peppers or portobellos on the side.

Other veggies I like to use: asparagus, steamed or roasted; green beans cooked with tomatoes, garlic and oregano; spinach with a little garlic.

For me, the best way to add variety is to invest in some different spice mixes (I just make sure they have no sugar and either no or very little salt).

Hope that helps!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine