DeDe4wd

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby dede4wd » May 25th, 2009, 3:18 pm

sidrah wrote:YDo you find it easier on the road....less temptation? I am not away for many long periods of time, but I would think not being home would make it easier. I suppose unless you hit the stores and stock up. Hmmm

A lot of times it is easier on the road. I have less time sitting at home and dealing with the "bored eating" thing. But sometimes it's more difficult. I come downstairs in the morning at the hotel and smell the fresh cinnamon rolls and just want one of those and some juice. Usually, I'll just heat up an oatmeal. Then I get to the event where there is catering. If I'm in "the medizone", it's fine. I just grab a piece of meat and some salad. If I'm faltering, the pasta starts calling...loudly. That's when Nancy jumps in my head saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"....whew, thanks Nancy! Getting my head in the right place is 75% of the battle for me!

Being able to eat the new crunchy bars more than once a day is a huge help! It gives me another choice besides RTD's when on the run. That's awesome!

It all depends where my head is. I have to make a lot of hard choices eating out in restaurants every night with the gang, but if my head is right, I can get a piece of meat and veggies or a salad anywhere. I just have to be firm with the waitstaff, no gravy, no butter, no anything and I tip well.

But sometimes the depression hits...why can't I have what the boys are having. Now granted, NONE of these boys couldn't stand to lose a few LBs, but my whiny self doesn't realize that!

I feel good about this trip. I have promised myself that I'm going to make it one month without any cheats and I intend to keep that promsie! I don't have many clothes in this size (the 18's), and I will have many more choices just by moving down to the 16's. I hate having to do laundry so much, but I'm certainly not going to buy MORE in the 18's!

Last time I did 30 days with no cheats, I lost 26lbs my first month! Right now I'm just concentrating on getting back into the 50# club! Less than 5 lbs to go! Prize for that...PEDICURE! (Yes, I'm bribing myself!). Next goal after that...to go from obese to overweight on the BMI chart....that is at 205lbs...haven't picked a prize for that yet, any suggestions?

I hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has served and the families that support them!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » May 26th, 2009, 6:31 am

26 pounds in a month with no cheats? OK, you've gotten my attention. I'm not making any grandiose goals like that this time - it always backfires - but I am taking it one day at a time and enjoying the ride so far (to the tune of 9.4 pounds already and it's only day 3!) - granted it's a ride on the water-weight coaster but it's still fun. :D (In my deepest darkest recesses, I do believe I am ready to be cheat-free this time - but I'm not saying it too loudly because once my bratty-brain hears it, she'll rebel.)

Stay strong and don't worry about hanging with the boys - unless you want a 46 waist! :lol:
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » May 26th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Hey Dede, just thinking about you and I know your day went well today ! You are so resolved and I can just feel your enthusiasm through your posts ! Congrats on your success so far :).
Karli

Postby sidrah » May 26th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Next goal....hmmm

Buy something you really want for the house. Then, every time you see it you will remember the story behind it.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » May 27th, 2009, 8:51 am

That's a good idea. I asked my husband for a 1-carat diamond bracelet when I got under 200 because I liked the idea of having something I could look at and wear with pride, but only he and I would know the significance - but he never got around to it and as we can all see I didn't stay under 200 for long - but I might bring it up again when the time comes. Maybe it should be a 2-carat diamond bracelet....
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » May 27th, 2009, 10:17 am

Hey, Dede! I totally agree that any opportunity to be out of the house is preferable on the dieting front. Sitting around at home is basically an invitation to torture - though sitting in a car/bus would likely run a close second. Heck, the only time I'm NOT thinking about food is when I am actually exercising! Hmm, take that back, I think I may even have foodie thoughts then, too! Fortunately the thoughts usually are more about what fuel to get post-run, but still, it's about food! :-)

I wanted to recommend something small/silly regarding the morning breakfast rituals at hotels. I always just ask for a coffee maker in the room, and make my oatmeal there, and then totally and completely bypass the morning breakfast situation in the hotel. Not sure if you have to go for work purposes, but if you don't, this is a very helpful way to avoid first of the day temptations.

Anyway, kick some a**, and take some numbers!

Ciao,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Karli » May 29th, 2009, 9:03 am

Hey DeDe, Just thinking about you and hoping your travels are treating you well. I know you can have a compliant trip, and you will be grateful for that, too ! It IS a good experience and confidence-builder to do so :). Looking forward to seeing you here again !
Karli

I'm back...again

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2009, 11:32 am

Well,
What does it take to learn the lesson that cookies and candy aren't actually necessary just because Mom had some health scares. I really need to do some work on that. It honestly really irritates me that I so automatically revert back to the crutch. I've been back on program fully for a week now and am thrilled to report a 4 lb loss this week. I'm also thrilled to report my re-entry into the 50lbs lost club. I'm also at 20lbs loss since my recent high. I have my next mini-goal in my sites. I'm 7lbs away from only being overweight on the BMI chart. I'm preparing my "yay, I'm not obese anymore" dance!

I have a carrot to chase to goal. My 20-year HS reunion is in the end of October. I might or might not go, but I work better with a carrot to chase!

Hope everyone has a great week! Wish me luck, big traveling week with lots of catering!

D
dede4wd

Re: DeDe4wd

Postby Jan » July 12th, 2009, 12:07 pm

Hi DeDe,
Well here I am in "your neck of the woods".... Phoenix . ... err Scottsdale---- TSFL Convention. We're sort of getting used to the 110++ heat .... just in time to go back to the 70's at home (Washington State)
Now here's a BIG WHOOOOO HOOOOOO for you!! You are doing soooo super!!! I'm soo poud of You :cleader:
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Stihl » July 13th, 2009, 5:39 am

Hey Dede - congrats on getting back to the 50# club! Through your restarts never forget your past success, or how good it feels when you succeeded. Keep on track. Good luck!

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby dede4wd » July 13th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Thanks Stihl, I do remember my success and remember promising myself I would never see the scale over 200 again, now I'm just dancing for the day where I see it under 200 again!

I've been kind of hiding at home, concentrating on the program. Dinner with a friend out tonight and then a week of catering and road food. I feel like it's my final hurdle as to whether I'm really back on or off program. I feel like there's a light switch in my head and my brain is either with me and we're "there", we're (body and mind) both on program or one of us is pulling the other in the direction to chuck it all.

I don't know why I feel like I'm at a crossroads, but I do. I guess it's my self-imposed deadline to be as close to goal as I can by this reunion at the end of October (whether or not I go). I've got the spreadsheet going and I know I won't be at goal by the reunion (unless I lose over 4 lbs a week, every week...NOT!), so my goal is to be as close to goal as possible by then and work on my head so I can feel as good about myself as possible.

But I can't get ahead of myself. I have to get through this dinner with my friend, get through my trip with mouthwatering catering, and just keep on keeping on. I'm good at that, I've done it before. Nothing SHOULD be any different now, even if my little brain thinks it's somehow different this time.

So that's what I'm going to do...keep on keeping on. And I'll keep a few extra crunch bars on hand because none of that crap tastes as good as getting back into my size 9 & 10's in the closet!

Keep shakin' everyone!
dede4wd

Postby Stihl » July 13th, 2009, 12:39 pm

Hey Dede - good luck this week.

I think a lot of times its easy to think about food and the program in the short term, just eating the next meal and being safe for the next 2-3 hours. But in your case maybe think of it in a long term, at least for this week.

At the end of this week, you can either

A: have had some catered/off plan food, while gaining weight and going off plan or

B: have had some catered yet on plan food, while losing weight and heading more towards your goal.

Somtimes its easy to justify eating off plan - its just this meal or just this week, so it'll be okay if I have something. But maybe just think of what the end of the week is going to look like and know that if you let yourself eat off, your end of the week won't look good.

And also, if you can't set your goal weight for your reunion, maybe set a realistic weight for your reunion?

Say that you estimate you'll lose 2 pounds per week, and then figure out where, if you did that, you would be for your reunion. That way at least there's something concrete to head towards.

It sounds like you're doing great so far Dede. Keep it up!

Stihl

Postby sidrah » July 26th, 2009, 3:38 pm

Where did you end up working?? I can't rememebr. You're around home more, though, huh?
October is far away; you will get there!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » July 28th, 2009, 3:57 pm

Thinking of you and hoping all is okay.......
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Stihl » July 29th, 2009, 3:53 am

Hey Dede, just checking in. How was the trip?

Stihl

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal