Day three and still sorting it all out!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby bikipatra » March 15th, 2007, 11:48 am

FrankieJ wrote:Hey Pegann!

Thanks for the warm welcome - it IS getting easier each day! I'm on day 4 now and my pants are a little bit looser - or I should say they are a little less tight ;)

That is always nice and one of the first things I noticed besides my shrinking boobs!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Losin' it

Postby JonnaD » March 15th, 2007, 7:58 pm

I haven't been on the plan long enough to notice my twins shrinking (I'm really looking forward to having a smaller "shelf"), but my ring keeps slipping on my finger. You gotta start somewhere.

Jonna
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: Losin' it

Postby bikipatra » March 16th, 2007, 1:27 am

JonnaD wrote:I haven't been on the plan long enough to notice my twins shrinking (I'm really looking forward to having a smaller "shelf"), but my ring keeps slipping on my finger. You gotta start somewhere.

Jonna

That's so funny, my mother calls it my "shelf" too, mostly because when they first grew in crumbs would collect there! I hadn't measured in a month so your post made me want to get out the tape. I lost another inch. In 116 days of Medifasting, I have lost 7 inches in my chest! And I am still in a 40DDD so can you imagine what they were before??? It will happen, just keep shakin'!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Shelf

Postby JonnaD » March 16th, 2007, 7:52 am

The best thing I can say about mine is: when wearing the right bra - I can't see anything below them, including the belly.

Jonna
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Pegann » March 17th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Oh Lordy...my hubby would die if he heard me say this...but I can not wait until I lose those twins!! Buh bye I say.... So say...tell me...when do you really, really start noticing when you lose weight...? Hoipe things are coming into play for ya FrankiJ and JonnaD! Are things going much as you expected JonnaD this time? I read alot of the "testimonials" yesterday and I tell you what?! If I wasn't motivated before (which I was) I am definately excited now....I just hope my success is amazing as everyone else's! :lol:
SD 3/9/07
215/162/145
Pegann
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 17th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Hi Pegann.

This is my first time on MF, and I really wasn't sure how it would go. Of course, I wanted to look in the mirror and immediately see a difference - but that's unrealistic.

I do have an NSV: I tried on some pants I bought a couple of years ago. The last time I wore them I had to s-u-c-k it in and the waist band pinched. Today, they zipped right up with no help and no pinch. Yay!

Jonna
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby FrankieJ » March 17th, 2007, 8:36 pm

Biki,

You are too funny! Since I'm just getting to know all of you, I thought I'd just mention the shrinking butt and save the shrinking boobs for later! :o

Truthfully, it did get rather expensive buying new bras in increasingly larger sizes. I hung up some of my "tiny lady things" from my previous life in my closet for inspiration and I have to laugh: they are so small they look like something a stripper would wear compared to what I'm in now!

FrankieJ
Re-Re-Start Date: 7-9-07; 5'2", 183
Mini Goal: 4 wks of compliance & 165 by 8/6/07
Mini Goal: 140 by 9/30/07
Mini Goal: 125 by 11/20/67, My 40th B-Day!
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby FrankieJ » March 17th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Hi Pegann!

I'm down about 4 pounds after 6 days - I feel great and am keeping going. I confess I did have a little cheat - without it I think it would be more pounds lost :?

But I learned something: I felt so much better eating my MF meals and drinking a lot of water. When I had some off-plan food, even as I was eating it I was thinking "you know, this wasn't really worth it - it doesn't taste THAT great and I know it will slow down my progress." The next day, I felt like my old self again, bloated and lethargic. I wish I hadn't done that, but I'm sort of glad: I really feel a LOT better eating light.

Here's to total compliance!

FrankieJ
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby FrankieJ » March 17th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Jonna,

One of my most upsetting things about gaining 55 pounds since getting married 5 years ago was when my fingers swelled to the point were I couldn't wear my wedding rings. I was so embarrassed - still am. :oops: I already had them sized up once and I'm not doing it again.

I've actually been wearing a "fake" since last May, and I'd like to be in my real rings again by this May. (I get a lot of compliments on the fake - apparently it looks pretty real - but I almost want to cry every time someone compliments it because it reminds me I'm too fat to wear my real rings!)

Have a great week (and great job getting those rings on!!),
FrankieJ
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby JonnaD » March 17th, 2007, 9:16 pm

FrankieJ,

I'm not wearing my wedding rings either, we had to cut them off one day several years ago when my fingers swelled so much the circulation was cut off. I didn't wear anything until two years ago when my hubby bought me a pink topaz for my birthday. (Size 10! Now if that were my dress size, we'd both be happier.) It would bother me when someone made the comment she didn't realize I was married because "no rings." Since the birthday ring, that hasn't been a problem. In fact, Hubby and I were talking about repairing my original ring when I'm at goal and wearing the birthday ring with it.

Soon, soon, soon . . .

Jonna
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Pegann » March 18th, 2007, 12:42 pm

We have a lot to celebrate when we meet our goals.....new rings...new shelves, new looks! I am getting excited just thinking about it.

I am glad to hear you are sticking through it Frankj! It is hard isn't it? The cravings sometimes are almost unbearable. I keep trying to tell myself that eating is just a chore..rather than a hobby (ha ha)...I know this probably sounds weak...but I don't know if I would have made it through the first week without the appetitite suppressants my doctor gave me. I stopped taking them on the 7th day and I seem to be doing okay. But seriously...my doctor initially put me on th 5-0 not 5-1 nor 6-0 like everyone talks about...I think without that medication it would have been a set up for failure!
SD 3/9/07
215/162/145
Pegann

Postby Serendipity » March 18th, 2007, 12:56 pm

One of my lowest points was when I had to cut off my sapphire and diamond ring. I lied to my husband and told him that it broke. One of the first things I did when I was at goal was to have that ring fixed. Now, I have to have my wedding band and engagement ring resized because I haven't been this small since before I was married.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Pegann » March 18th, 2007, 1:04 pm

I have to tell you Serendipity you are a true inspiration. I think what amazes me the most..and probably the most inspirational is the fact that you have met your goal and maintaing for such a long time now and here you are...you and others like you are still here motivating others that are just beginning! That is just simply amazing...
SD 3/9/07
215/162/145
Pegann

Postby Serendipity » March 18th, 2007, 1:13 pm

Thanks, pegann, but 4 months is not a long time to maintain. I'll feel much better with a year or even two under my belt. I stay because I truly think that Medifast is a great program and I know what it has done for me.....it saved my life. It helps me to stay and if I can help someone else along the way.......nudge a few discouraged people into sticking it out, well, heck....that would just make my year! And anyway, I'm kind of attached to the friends I've made. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby FrankieJ » March 20th, 2007, 10:55 am

Hi Pegann, Jonna and Jo,

Wow this ring thing is more common than I thought!
That makes me feel a little better. Jo, you look terrific and I'm so glad you got your rings fixed - I hope to be in mine again soon.

I am doing great on my MF "when I focus 100%". I am having trouble sticking to it when "we have plans", "have to go to a dinner meeting", "socializing", etc.

It has set me back a couple times in the last week! I am back on plan but I need to remind myself to eat more often :lol:

I find when I go too long without eating (i.e. more than 3-4 hours) I totally fall off the wagon and will eat ANYTHING. And then I think the day is ruined and I'll re-start tomorrow....any tips???? THANK YOU!!

(I have to go to another work-related "dinner served" meeting tonight after work, but hubby is coming with me and he is a great support and will help keep me honest!)

FrankieJ
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.