Day 2-Please promise me this will get better!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day 2-Please promise me this will get better!

Postby tlo » July 11th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Today is the 2nd day of my program and I have to admit, that I am really struggling. If anyone wants to know just how terribly I cheated last night, just go read my journal entry for today- I wrote allllllll about it.
But today I have stuck to plan with two meals left to go, and the only thing I ate off plan was a hand full of sunflower seeds, which shouldn't hurt me too much.
But I know that the first 3-5 days are rough but man!! I am really hungry, I am craving foods that I don't even really eat!!! Its like my body wants foods just because it knows that I can't have them anymore. Yesterday I could of killed for a twinkie (haven't had one of thoese in years) and today I am craving a fried bologna sandwich :roll:
Not to mention that I am craving bread like crazy, and anything sweet. Even though in my mind, I know its just my body going through this detox process, because of all the bad things I have put into it, and it won't be like this the whole time, I am still really struggling today.
I am going to finish off my 9th cup of water and stay strong, because even though I am having strong cravings, I am not giving up this soon-I will make it through this first week. I guess I just need some words of encouragement. :cry:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby wildtrk » July 11th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Part of this is that you have to want it to get better. It will....but you have to want it to be so. I know easy to say....but just know all of us have been there in some sort of fashion. We have struggles....today isn't necessarily a good day for me personally but I have focused on my diet today and getting in my water. You sound like you are doing well in that regard. Just know that the hand full of sun flower seeds that you see as no big deal may also lead you to something worse. Commit yourself to stay on the plan and get over that 3-5 day hump and it WILL be better.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » July 11th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Well said. It will get better, but only if you stick to the program. If you're starving, have some bouillon or pickle or Fast Soup or an extra Medifast meal. Eating off-plan, even if you think it's no big deal, will NOT make it easier.

I don't know how much a handful is, but a cup of sunflower seeds (measured with shells, but with just the seed part eaten) has:
262 calories
22.8 grams of fat
8.6 grams of carb

And that's assuming they weren't roasted in oil.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby loriannk » July 11th, 2006, 4:39 pm

This may be day 2 for you but it sounds like you have not done the program the way it should be followed yet. So every day you cheat even with a handful of sunflower seeds tomorrow will be day one again. It usually takes 3- 5 days for it to get better. You have to really want to get healthier. We all struggled with the first few days. It will get better and you will feel great. You have to give the program a chance and follow it the correct way and you will see.

If you feel like cheating come here and post, read some messages or just look at the studio for some uplifting photos.

YOU CAN DO IT!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » July 11th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Yeah, just what they said :lol:

BTW my first 3 days were hell. Now I'm smooth sailing. You'll get there. Don't give up.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 12th, 2006, 2:52 pm

It gets better, and easier, espcially by day 4. Personally, I think one of the biggest motivators is seeing the loss at the end of the week. Sure after a few weeks it slows and might stop for a bit, but eventually you lose more and its worth it.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby tlo » July 12th, 2006, 3:13 pm

First I want to thank everyone for your responses, comments and imput. But I would like to acknowledge the fact that I know that you can not cheat-in any form or fashion and be successful on this program, that is why I made the post in the first place because I felt bad for doing so and it was only day 1 and 2.
I am by no means making excuses for myself because I know that I sabatoged my first efforts at this and I have read everything and anything that has to do with Medifast before I started this and I know that you have to stick with it in order to make it work. But for what ever reason I think my body was in shock, and it was almost as if I could not help myself. That is why I posted because I had never before felt so out of control. The second day, was a little easier, and today is day three and I feel 100 percent as if I can do this without even a little cheat. I think people misunderstood me when I said the only cheat I had today was a handful of sunflower seeds, as if it was something that I thought was alright. I know that sunflower seeds are not on program no matter how small of an amount it is, and I did regret that but I wanted to put it out there, that I did slip up again, but I thought that was what this forum was for. When you have a slip up to come on and get encouragement. I couldn't help but feel after reading the reply's that you all felt as if I had just "fixed" the program to make it what I wanted and that was not the case.
I truly felt bad for eating those things. And I knew that the first days would be hard, just not that hard.
I am sure it didn't help that I (sorry men) started my cycle the very same day I started the diet, which is no way and excusse but, even when I am not dieting, my cravings are off the chart and out of control on those days. So now I am getting back to normal and I am back on track today and I feel good, and haven't eaten anything off plan:)

So I am not saying that I don't appreciate you guys imput, I guess I just thought that when I admit that I had a moment or moment(s) of weekness, I wouldn't get responses telling me that I should have tried harder, when everyone has already gone through this phase, and said how hard this period is. Sorry I couldn't have been as strong as you all were.

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby tlo » July 12th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Vicky,

Your appology is very much accepted :lol:
And it wasn't that my feelings were really hurt, or that you offended me , I just felt like I wasn't getting the reply's that I was hoping for. And I guess that is the good thing about this, that people don't always tell you what you want to hear, they just give it to you straight and tell you how it is rather you like it or not. And I do appreciate that.
I know you guys are very passionate about Medifast, that is why I joined this forum because all the posting I had read befor joining were really inspiring, and everyone seemed so genuinely dedicated in this product.

So I have no hard feelings and you really didn't need to appologize for how you feel, but I do appreciate that you did. I see you have had much success, so I really do need to listed to you, looks like you might know what you are talkin about :mrgreen:

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Arklahoma » July 12th, 2006, 4:32 pm

TLO ~ Sometimes the written word can be very difficult to utilize in an effort to get the proper tone or inflection right. Hopefully this was just a miscommunication b/c I know that everyone on this board is very supportive and wants to see you succeed. I know that this plan was extremely tough for me during the first week, but I was able to do it. I know that you can do this, also.

Kudos to you for taking such a positive step to a healthier you!!!

:bravo:
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » July 12th, 2006, 7:37 pm

We definitely want you to succeed, and I too apologize if my tone was misunderstood. I know the first few days can be rough. I just also know that the ONLY way to get past the rough period it to be tough with yourself and force yourself to stick with it. It's not that caving makes you a bad person or even weak; it's just that the cravings will never go away unless you find a way not to give in to them.

I'm glad you're doing better. Please hang in there a little longer. You'll be amazed how IN control you feel once you're in the Medifast groove.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby 2BHealthy » July 20th, 2006, 6:58 am

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have in no way been perfect. I've struggled with that "out of control feeling" you experienced for most of my life. It's scary to feel you cannot control your own actions, and very frustrating...at least for me (a person who feels a strong need to be in control). One thing that helped me at the start and also at restarts :oops: Was that everytime I debated a food, tried to talk myself into it or was fighting a craving I would mentally yell NO!! Literally, yell no to myself in the middle of my negotiating. I'd cut myself off mid-sentence but all in my head of course. I'd also distract myself in any way I could as quickly as possible. It does get easier. You will have easy days and hard days, just do your best. That's all we can do. Not giving up and giving yourself a chance is the best thing you can do. You have a good attitude and I think you will do great!
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room