CRAZY Maisy's Journal

1 Thread per registered User.

CRAZY Maisy's Journal

Postby Maisy » March 24th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Well....here I am, 42, 265, and starting MF :shock:

Ahhh...but I do have hope...actually, after watching awhile I have learned from fellow MFsters 4 things.
1. Complaining does not help you lose weight.
2.SHUT up and SHAKE...meaning shut up quit complaining you are fat and shake.
3. Water...drink it like you are the end result of a Tony Soprano disagreement, like the fishes.
4. If you do 2 and 3 there will be no more need for number 1.

So I have my ticker, I made my journal, I opened the box....resisted the urge to try one of everything in one sitting, not sure but I think that try one of everything thing, just might, possibly, kinda, sorta, maybe be why I am FAT! Ya think? HMMM maybe I have to not only lose weight but change how I think, darn.

I used to smoke, been smoke sober for a few years , drink once in a moon, that being said I feel the sudden urge to smoke, but alas, I decided cancer was a lousy thing to have your kids watch, and face it, the cigs will get you there, so no mo'. The first genius who discovers the cure, hey I am dating the Marlboro man again. Oh yeah, he's dead...cancer! he should have waited for the genius!

Okay, I am in denial...I want to be one of the one in a million who lose weight an have no skin sag on the tummy, but gee, 3 abdominal surgeries, uh I doubt it. That being said, I will be the first to see el' nip tuck.

I am a Lostie... I love the show and really want to know what the heck is going on....my goal, to watch the series finale in a bikini...

I am impressed by the lot of you, the ups and downs.

I start in the morning and will weigh in Sun.... My goal, weigh ALOT less by the time we elect the new prez., I have my opinion and am smart enough not to say. Religion and politics do not belong on a weight loss forum, the possibilities of stressed induced eating are too high!

OHHHHHH I opened the box, I know I said that, I got a book and a how to, so a reading I will go. I have vowed to eat all in my box, with the exception of eggs, ain't no way, nope, nah uh, not happening, I would rather never eat butter again, which is probably a good thing!
Last edited by Maisy on March 29th, 2008, 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mickeyz » March 24th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Welcome!

I am a Lost fan too. It is the only thing on TV I watch regular. Actually it comes on while I am at my Pilates class, so hubby records.

Three years ago I weighed 255. I did MF and lost 50 lbs, kept off 32. Then about 11 months I started again and lost 62 lbs in about 7 months. Like most people I had some ups and downs, but it was all worth it. You can do it too. Many many people have. Come here for friends and support.

Oh, why not the eggs??? I just happen to love them. I also mix them with oatmeal and bake like a bread. Recipe is on the recipe thread.

Welcome aboard!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Maisy » March 24th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Eggs??? Well I had a BAD experience with some powdered type way back when, now I will only eat farm fresh, like the hen done just plucked em out her butt fresh! :lol: You have done nicely, I am impressed that after the lost, you came back to it when a few pounds found their way home, STALKERS!!!!!! all of em.
Maisy

6 babies

Postby Maisy » March 24th, 2008, 6:18 pm

About them women having 6 babies....I was watching Jon and Kate plus 8. I have always followed the 7 babies born in Iowa and remember her being so big, Kate having 6 complained about a 56 inch waist...now mind you they had skinny butts, but I am thinking I will find the measuring tape will put me rather large in the gut...thankfully I am not plucking out 6 at once!

Now another thought, both Bobby McCough (sp) and Kate KEEP THE CLEANEST HOUSES :x :x :x with all those kids! Freaks of nature I tell ya. I want whatever they have bottled!

I should mention, I may have a wee bit of the adult ADD happening, my mind tends to wander, it stuptifies my husband, confuses my children and the dog done gave up, Fred the cat can care less, you however, I hope will get a chuckle.
Maisy

Postby aquarianskye » March 24th, 2008, 7:06 pm

Hey Ms Maisy! I just wanted to welcome you to the board. You will see wonderful results with the program if you work it. I can't wait to see how successful you are!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mike » March 24th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Sounds like you are on track.

On the egg thing. I used to be a Boy Scout (or is that, once a scout always a scout), anyhow... I know powdered eggs. These eggs are nothing of the sort.
These are much closer to Eggbeaters... once you add the water, let them sit for about 4-5 minutes and then you can cook them up just like regular old scrambled eggs. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » March 24th, 2008, 9:03 pm

science guy wrote: once you add the water, let them sit for about 4-5 minutes and then you can cook them up just like regular old scrambled eggs. ;)

i think science guy lets everything "soak" in water for a while before he cooks/shakes it. Awww, c'mon science guy, you are a self proclaimed scout!!! You should just be dumping those powdered eggs in your mouth followed by a bottle of water. And tell me, what's wrong with a few crunchy beans in your chili? You only have to get past about 6 of them! :roflmao: Can yuu tell i am glad to be off of work and posting a little? I LOVE this place. :D

See maisy, you've officially been hijacked by ovary chick! :-P I was just waiting for the journal!!!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby Maisy » March 25th, 2008, 3:37 am

HEEELLLPPPP, I am being held captive by a crazy scale totin' OC, she's trying to feed me Rocky food...noooooooo. OC, you actually had me laugh, I was just catching up and got a chuckle thanks! BTW what is the deal with the speed? Known cause or still looking for cause?

Mike, for you, and only you, I will celebrate each 10 lb loss with a MF scramble.....

Now on to serious questions. I see many people doctor their MF, part of me says doctor, the other says, my taste buds will adjust. Can anyone chime in? I arranged my stuff by shakes, soups, oats and puddins'. I am not going to chose flavors just if I want a shake or soup etc... I know I will not like all flavors, but I have drank 50 year old tequila,(true story, wouldn't recommend it) you can manage anything if you really want to. Speaking of taste buds, does anyone really think about the crap we call fast food, not throwing stones, Ronald McD and I have practically been intimate! However, that is some nasty stuff, I think I am cured of ever gracing a drive thru. Oh well off I go....follow the medifast road, follow the medifast road, follow the medifast road, follow the medifast road, follow the medifast road, follow the medifast road, follow the medifast road....

come on toto
Maisy

Postby Maisy » March 25th, 2008, 4:30 am

Okay folks here ya go.......drum roll please....the tape measure chronicle

neck 16
Bust across the tattas 52
Bust under 45
waist natural 49
hip 55
thigh 27
calf 17
ankle 9
wrist 6 7/8

shoe 10, clothes 3x or 24

DANNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! That's alot of Paula's love potion number 9. I don't want much, just my waist to be the size of my THIGH!!! wow, I do believe if we had full length mirrors and no spandex, there would not be obesity!

Okay time for the morning laugh, we have a saying in Savannah. Too fat for spandex? Not in Savannah!
Maisy

Postby lifelovinaries » March 25th, 2008, 6:57 am

Maisy wrote:Now on to serious questions. I see many people doctor their MF, part of me says doctor, the other says, my taste buds will adjust. Can anyone chime in? I arranged my stuff by shakes, soups, oats and puddins'. I am not going to chose flavors just if I want a shake or soup etc... I know I will not like all flavors, but I have drank 50 year old tequila,(true story, wouldn't recommend it) you can manage anything if you really want to.

now you have asked a question to which you will probably get a different answer from EVERYONE! Personally, it depends on my mood and time constraints. In the beginning, i didn't really doctor up anything, just ate it as is. Yes, my tastebuds adjusted although i still really hate the banana pudding. Then after a while i started to doctor up the meals (esp. soup/chili) to try and make it more palatable, i guess my tastebuds were getting tired of the SSDD (same STUFF different day). THEN, at times, i still would just eat it as is. The chili, soup and oatmeal were what seemed to get me thru the day, they seemed more like "real meals" than just a shake to me. However NOW, i have grown tired of the chili and soups (haven't eaten them in about 2 months). i stick primarily to shakes (and oatmeal for breakfast) and an occasional pudding (kinda tired of pudding too), 1 bar daily (if i really need it for hunger ~ on average 5x per week). Once in a while i will pour a little bit of fresca or a SF syrup into my shake. Not too much doctoring here. I think i have been able to go down to just shakes (and l&g)because i now realize what TRUE hunger is and also realize that YES, the liquid shake WILL stop my stomach from rumbling and although it won't make me feel FULL, i will not be hungry anymore. I'm like you, have all my medigrub separated by shakes/bars/soups/puddings. When it comes to shakes, i just grab and mix. It doesn't matter to me too much which flavor it is. Once i make it and take a sip, sometimes i say to myself "Self, this is not the flavor you wanted" but at that point, it's too late, i just drink it...another compliant meal under my belt. I also don't try too many of the recipes with the supplements. I tried one before ~ had to do with freezing chocolate pudding into little nugget things, then eating them as a "candy-type" treat. Well since i couldn't get past the funny sound it made when i chewed it and to suck it made it feel slimy...i won't be trying that again. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

lifelovinaries

Postby Maisy » March 25th, 2008, 10:08 am

Oh yeah....what a morning....got up, FIRST thing I grab out of the mystery pile, Banana shake...okay ...remember the alamo, remember the old Tequila. Smells likes a southern banana pie, and down it went. I can do that :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am thinking, I won't be doctoring, I'm bad, bad, maisy Brown, baddest mf'er in the whole darn town.

Then I find out I have to leave for 4 hours...after 2 cups of water and morning coffee ( ain't given up the coffee, 1 cup EVERYDAY)

Get home, make my undoctored chicken and wild rice soup....sit down, read OC's post, keep thinking I am bad, bad, Maisy Brown, and then :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I take a sip, faster than a dog running from a hornets nest I dig out the tobasco and a pinch of curry, gee I hope they are allowed and MUCH better...

Ya'll can call me DOCTOR Maisy thank you!
Maisy

Postby lifelovinaries » March 25th, 2008, 11:40 am

chicken bouillion works well in ALL the hot soups. Cracked black pepper in the broccoli, chili powder in the chili. I never said they were DELICIOUS without doctoring, i just said my tastebuds got used to them. :roflmao: Besides, i know you are supposed to take at least 15 mins to enjoy a mf supplement but sometimes, i would just hurry up and get it down without caring about the taste, doctoring just makes it more enjoyable.

lifelovinaries

Postby Maisy » March 25th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Okay so there I am being a good mom, minding my own business when BAMMMMM

MOMMMMMMMM the ICE CREAM TRUCK IS HERE, hubby wants a nummy too, I go to supervise, gee what to get, what to get, she wants a Dora, he wants a push up, he wants this, hubby gets Oreo and I will have,,,,,CRAPPPP started my diet today. Sorry Dan, I am off the route this year! :x :x :x :x :x
Maisy

Postby Serendipity » March 26th, 2008, 3:26 am

A girl after my own heart! Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to start smoking again when I turn 80......if I still want to, hehe. I figure it'll take 20 years or so to kill me and by then I'll be dead, right?
:mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Maisy » March 26th, 2008, 4:33 am

AMEN! I too am starting to smoke at 80...wow, had not thought of that! I was rewarded today with 261.8 looking up at me on the scale....3.2 loss, I will take it, water or not.

I then showed my seriousness at this plight by having an orange creme shake :shock: wow Jose Cuervo where are you!? Okay so it was not that bad, but for get the 15 mins to savor, I slammed it and spent 15 mins savoring the fact I ain't drinkin' anymore of that ( for at least 3 hours)

Now the worry, i promised Mike I'd try the scramble at 10 lbs loss...crap thats gonna be soon! Me and my big mouth!
Maisy

Next

Return to My Journal