Could I do better?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 2nd, 2004, 1:16 pm

Holy Ketosis Batman! Can Do!

Meanwhile back at the cave... :toast:
Robinette
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 2nd, 2004, 1:47 pm

Sorry to be so late to chime in here, Folks. Had a :x dental appointment.

Most of you have already taken care of Camille...thank you so much! ;)

Camille,

First may I commend you on your great weight loss!

You have established an eating schedule and carefully adhered to it, I might add.

:weightlift: You have incorporated exercise into your weekly routine and have been faithful to maintain your :water: intake.

You are right, you have averaged a half a pound a day weight loss. The clinical studies for Medifast show women average 2-4 pounds a week, men slightly higher.

You are right on target! :wave:

I averaged 3.5 pounds a week throughout my weight loss phase – the same as you!

I lost more initially during the first month or two and Nelly and Sheryl explained it very well in their postings.

I was morbidly obese – I weighed more than your start weight by 68 pounds.

For most people, weight loss using Medifast is very safe and consistent – right down to their goal weight.

As I neared my weight loss goal, my weight just kept sloughing away.

I had a surgical procedure done about one month away from reaching my goal weight and it slowed me down for a week – I had to take some honkin’ pain pills several times a day and because of nausea, I had some extra packets of crackers and extra shakes. I also became EXTREMELY :twisted: constipated :twisted: …when I stopped taking the pain pills, the weight loss picked up and I perked right on to my goal. :boing:

I think it is a fallacy that weight loss slows down as one reaches their goal weight – how does your body KNOW what your goal weight is? Some of you don’t even know what it is yet because you are just beginning on your weight loss journey and you haven’t even gotten it into your noggin’ yet that Medifast works, that it will work for YOU and that you CAN and WILL get to an appropriate weight!

I digress..sorry.

Exercise is important for weight loss and especially for weight management. You already received good advice here from others.

Camille, you are doing all the right things.

We cannot “hurry up” your body any faster than it wants to do its thing. Remember, we are all hand-made! You are our special Aloha Lady! We all move at different speeds and in different ways and yet over time, we may all experience the same wonderful weight loss success!

It is recommended for people on the complete fast to consume 5-7 Medifast products a day.

Females that are sedentary can use 5 or 6 Medifast 55 shakes a day. Active females will do best using Medifast 70 because of its higher protein level. Medifast 70 has 3 grams more of protein and but 10 calories more per shake than the Medifast 55.

People who need to lose a lot of weight and are on the Complete Program may need more shakes per day than do people with less weight to lose.

Larger bodies have greater blood volume, greater body mass to sustain and require more shakes. As their weight is reduced, the number of shakes may be reduced.

It is vital that people on the complete program do so under a doctor’s supervision. People taking medications who are significantly reducing their body size will most likely need less medication and it is important to be closely monitored. Physicians can help larger people to know how many shakes per day they need.

My brother had been on medication for high blood pressure for more than 25 years and was also obese. He finally asked me about getting on Medifast in January of this year. He has lost 80 pounds (Cool!) and told me recently he was feeling a bit woozy.

His work takes him out of state and sometimes out of the country and he had not seen his doc for several months. I told him to high-tail it into the clinic. After seeing his doc (who, by the way is blown away at how healthy he is now and how great he looks!), his labs showed that he no longer needs any medications whatsoever.

People on the complete program really need to be monitored. It is our recommendation that active men on the complete program use 6 – 7 shakes; active women use 6.

You are using 3 of our Women’s Well Beings for Comfort and Regularity shakes – I use them, too. They are wonderful! With the bar and your soup or oatmeal, you are using 5 Medifast products a day. You could try adding an additional shake, Camille since you are increasing your exercise now and I’d suggest that you monitor your weight more closely for a while and see how that goes. If you are steadily losing at your current rate of 3.5 pounds per week, the additional protein may be just what you needed to go along with your increased activity. Just be sure to space out the additional meal through out the day. See, Darlin'? Mike suggested weighing more often, too.

Okie dokie then - here are some comments in general - not to Camille specifically so please don't throw tuh-maters at Leopard Woman. :tomato:

If the shoes fits, wear it.

If not, file it away for future use or just plain ignore it and consider it drivel from an aging SLENDER woman that had a major dental procedure done and is still under the influence of Novocaine...

Gentle Reminders to one and all:
People, who eat on schedule and eat on time, people who drink their water, and exercise moderately reach their goal.

If the food is not on your list – don’t eat it.

[Terry spoke to a lady yesterday who is disappointed in her weight loss.

After she told him what she eats for lunch every day, it became rather clear why her weight loss has slowed down.

Here's the gist of the conversation:

Terry: What do you eat for lunch?
Lady: "Oh, I just have one of those Lean and Green lunches."
Terry: What is it comprised of?
Lady: "A wrap."
Terry What's in it?
Lady: "Just a bit of Ham and Cheese rolled up in a really skinny tortilla thing."
Terry: What else? What's the 'green' part of your lunch?
Lady: "A small salad."
Terry: What's on the salad?
Lady: "I like it with Ranch Dressing. I never eat the croutons, 'though."

Her weight loss has slowed down.

For :tears: out loud! She eats a ham and cheese wrap every day for lunch. She also has a "Small side salad with Ranch dressing."

Do not substitute foods.

Medifast is proven to be a safe and nutritionally balanced program that helps people to lose that stored nasty fat.

Most folks lose just about one inch for every pound of greasy yellow flabbage! The best part is that the flabbage seems to come off in all the right places! We do not lose muscle but fat and we do not end up with that saggy and hangy skin that occurs with stomach surgery.

I have discovered (as has Mike and others are now doing also) that when a person reaches a healthy lean weight it is easier to make healthy food choices and to maintain our weight.

When folks reach their ideal healthy weight they can maintain their weight by following the Maintenance plan. People who quit their program for example fifteen to twenty-five pounds above their healthy weight, constantly have to battle to maintain their weight and often they lose the battle.

Imagine how taxing it is to carry around a bag of flour or rice all day. Well, your heart and its blood system and freeway of arteries and veins feels the same way when you don’t reach a healthy lean weight. Your bod functions at peak capacity then. The ‘old ticker’ can tick and tock more productively, you will be more mentally alert and when everything is functioning efficiently you will want to choose to keep it that way!

Camille, you are to be commended.

You are a role model for others.
You are focused.
You are committed.
You encourage others and your concern for others shows!
You are getting to your goal - it is just around the corner.
You are learning about portion sizes, you are learning how often to eat and you are lookin' onolicious! (mighty fine!)

Forum Friends - you are the best! Good posts, good suggestions from one and all. Go for the goal! :goteam:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 2nd, 2004, 2:25 pm

Thanks Nancy and everyone! :heart:

I'm sitting here practically - no literally - making out with the inside of the Medifast Chocolate Mint Bar wrapper. :hmmm: Good to the last lick!

I'm so happy with this diet and it's effects. Not only is losing the pounds great, but the positive feedback is SO powerfully motivating as well! You have fueled my fire! :weightlift:

Saw my doctor Monday proudly relating my weight loss success -attributing it to Medifast. He'd never heard of it. Oh well. He has now! :secret:

Being compliant on this diet translates to results and that's what I want. I'm just so grateful that the efforts pay off and so quickly too! :yeah:

Thanks for the kudos. But it's Medifast that deserves credit. It is onolicious! And these bars - broke da mouth! That means REALLY REALLY good!

Back to my wrapper,
Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 3rd, 2004, 10:23 am

Sep 3 stats: Scale didn't budge.

I'm still positive. Why? It's Aloha Friday! And at least I haven't grown a moustache yet (obscure reference to a post in The Honesty of Children thread here).

Onward and Upward! :stroll:
Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 11:24 am

Hey there and :wave: Aloha, Cutie ~

We can STAY positive because we KNOW that Medifast works.

You are doing all the right things. It really is a matter of doing the right things day in and day out - a shake at a time - that our goals are reached.

Recall my May Newsletter http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-may-newsletter.htm of a while back and the translatin of my last name. Small by small is how we get there. Day in and day out doing the healthy and right things = thindom!

Camille, your attitude Rocks! :thumbup:

Wish we could mind meld ya into other's thinkings - no stinkin' thinkin' in your brain but positive self-thoughts and positive verbalizations all the way = positive experiences and positive results!

Onward and Upward!

Hey, Darlin'! Let's change that last by-line to Onward and DOWNward! :thumbsup: :yes:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 5th, 2004, 11:56 am

Sep 5 stats: Scale unmovable

I'm still positive (sigh). Why? Because I am physically incapable of ever starving to death -- God forbid I ever put that skill into practice

I can do this
"Because I can"
Nancy Pettit

Congrats to everybody on your progress today,
Camille

:goteam:
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 7th, 2004, 11:19 am

Sep 7 stats: One pound down!

Have been maintaining my 45 minutes FAST walk on the treadmill Mon-Fri and pilates 3 times a week plus eating on schedule and drinking at least 100oz of water daily. I've lost 1 pound in 7 days with this new regime. Seems my body is in the dreaded 'holding pattern'. I like to think of it as just sitting on the starting line revving my engine just before I suddenly screech out full blast losing a big load of pounds! My body's just waiting for the green light. Can somebody please say "Go"? :drive:

Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2004, 12:00 pm

You GO, Girl!

You are right on schedule. This is your time so zoom on to the end of the line now, Camille!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » September 7th, 2004, 12:57 pm

Camille,

The most important thing you can do is keep up your positive attitude. It might be that your weight loss goes in fits and spurts like mine does. Since you haven't been weighing frequently, you don't know what the pattern is. Hopefully you're getting ready for a fast spurt right about now!

I had a couple of really slow weight loss weeks this past month (1.2 and 1.8 pounds) and was starting to get worried that things were slowing down. Then this past week I lost almost 4 pounds. Just what I needed to keep my motivation going.

I bet you'll see things picking up soon. Please keep us posted.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 7th, 2004, 1:02 pm

Thanks you guys. I'll keep posting here every other day on my progress if only to lay witness that stalling does occur and will pass (hopefully VERY soon). Your experience has encouraged me further Sylvia. Time to crank up the headphones and head for the treadmill. :weightlift:
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2004, 2:59 pm

Hey, Little Darlin' ~

You are replacing that fluffy flab with muscle and remember: muscle weighs more than flab.

You are gonna be ripped, Woman!

You may be losing that hiney but it what ever remains will be a firm one - sort of a JLo boo-tay, eh?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 9th, 2004, 11:24 am

Sep 9 stats: No change on scale.

Nancy, yes I'm not only shakin MF, I'm shakin boo-tay on that treadmill.
Thinking I'll derail this plan of posting every other day, and post when I've got a loss. I don't want to discourage others by posting no loss during these dog days of stalling. I am losing - inches right now - soon the scale will lower it's numbers for me and I'll happily report it here.

Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » September 9th, 2004, 4:48 pm

Camille......

KEEP GOIN' GIRLFRIEND AND DON'T GIVE UP!!! :hug:

You have come SOOOoooooo far, and in a short period of time, too. Maybe your body is readjusting to your new weight before dropping more!

TRUST THE PROGRAM and don't worry about the scale....

love and hugs :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lois
Lois

Postby explorthis » September 9th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Hey, Camille, I agree w/Lois 1000% do not give up! Eventually you would starve! Stick with it, and soon you HAVE to see some miraculous results..

Out of curiosity, what is your sodium consumption, and where is the sodium coming from? Just wondering if the lapse of loss is related to retaining water from the sodium...

Hmmm...

KEEP IT UP, you WILL succeed!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 9th, 2004, 5:47 pm

Camille,

You won't discourage us, or should I speak for myself and say "me". You aren't showing that something doesn't work or isn't happening by not seeing the scale move like greased lightning. But I do remember that your original idea was not to scale watch, which was why you were weighing only once a month, and that might be worth reconsidering if it's getting to you checking more often. I think sometimes the tension of wanting a thing to happen becomes a strain, but only you know how OK you are with what you're doing and what you're getting. Like everyone says, it has to work.

It doesn't take many calories to form a pound of muscle, so doing quite a lot of treadmill or other resistance exercise could easily be building muscle. I think it's about 600 calories in a pound of muscle -- something like that. On minimal eating, one can still be building the stuff, and once you get quite a bit of it, it's going to fire up your metabolism. On the other hand, I have totally lost it before on diets when I exercised a lot and I couldn't "lose" and along came a really bad, bad day and I decided it wasn't working "anyway" and you know the rest of the story.

So, do whatever works for you. This is no microscope into your life and efforts unless you really want to "show all"!! Take care.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room