Speaking of Cool Whip

Add your favorite recipes.

Speaking of Cool Whip

Postby DogMa » February 23rd, 2006, 3:53 pm

Speaking of Cool Whip, there's now a sugar-free version out there. I had it when I was in Denver last week on vacation. A spoon a day with the Medifast chocolate pudding keeps DogMa a very happy puppy.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2006, 4:05 pm

Dear Happy Puppy ~

Does it have Splenda or Aspertame?

I think Leopard Woman would like a dollop on her Hot Cocoa.

BTW, I absolutely ADORE your Avatar and Dang Girl, :x I sure wish I had seen it first because it would be livin' under MY name!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Marseilles » February 23rd, 2006, 4:21 pm

Im not sure people want to hear this but the sugar free cool whip has 1g of fat per serving and is sweetened with aspartame and the fat free has 3g of carbs, 1g of sugar per serving. Is this legal so long as it is used in moderation? Or avoidable until the maintenance phase?
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2006, 5:36 pm

Well....the Aspertame issue did it for me. I just crossed it off my "Gotta have some" list. I try to avoid it.

(Crystal Light has Aspertame and if I am desperate for a little bit of a berry boost for my Strawberry Shake, I use a pinch of the Raspberry Ice but only once in a while and in a small amount...)

I digress....sorry, Marseilles ~ IF people have a small amount like DogMa and not half a bowl, I see no problem with it - we just need to remember that calories and carbs really do count and if a person eats other snacks, supersizes their meat and vegetable portions, soon we can go over the edge from fat-burning to weight maintenance and the dreaded :twisted: weight gaining phase...

You know, Marseilles, I got curious and did a little research moiself. The Sugar Free contains acesulfame potassium (A K is what Medifast uses) AND also the Aspertame. I wonder how much of the Aspertame is in there....for my belly's worth, the the Cool Whip Free looks better - 15 cals as opposed to the 20 cals in the Sugar Free and NO Aspertame...it's up to you Kids!

Thanks to you DogMa and Marseilles!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » February 24th, 2006, 3:02 pm

Yeah, Nancy, I use very little and I never have my pickles/celery/cucumber/whatever snack, so I figure I'm OK. And I'm more concerned with the small amount of sugar than the small amount of fat, given my family history and issues with carbs.

I figure I had it all last week on vacation in Denver, and still lost more than I normally lose at home. So it must be OK. :D
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » February 25th, 2006, 2:23 am

Robin ~

I KNOW you are very careful about following the program - I never worry about you! I also understand not wanting any sugar - I love it so much and I try very hard to not have any except for when the marionberries are ripe and then you know what I make: fresh marionberry pie! If I am going to 'spend' my sugar calories, I spend 'em on something I really love, nothing ordinary like a Lorna Doone or Sara Lee cake. Pie or oatmeal cookies with honkin' plump raisins & hunks of nuts. :mrgreen:

:shades: DogMa said,
on vacation in Denver, and still lost more than I normally lose at home
:whistle:

:secret: Leopard Woman says, "Let's go on vacation more often!" :wave:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine