Cookware?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby MerryMary » February 17th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Serendipity wrote:Yeah, sure, but do ya love it? hehe :mrgreen:

Pots and pans? I really have no need to "love" 'em! I like them just fine and they are perfectly functional. But it's all relative, ya know? 8)
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby GucciGoo » February 17th, 2008, 5:39 pm

I love to cook, so I want the best cookware, bakeware, tools, etc. If you don't like to cook, it's not a big deal.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MerryMary » February 17th, 2008, 5:42 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:I love to cook, so I want the best cookware, bakeware, tools, etc. If you don't like to cook, it's not a big deal.

Exactly! It's all relative! :D
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary

Postby Tawanda » February 18th, 2008, 7:49 am

I posted this in Jo's journal but then thought I was really replying to this thread.... :oops: :lol:

Oh heavens! Is this where I admit that I have the inexpensive cookware that I received for a wedding gift (Revereware with copper bottoms) but I wish I did have some nice cookware that wouldn't scorch my foods so easily and without the copper bottoms that always look so messy.

I'd love to have better cookware as I have always heard that a person should use the best 'tools' they can afford to do the best job. (I know this to be true in my other hobbies). I just never knew what was the minimum of what would work would be and could not afford to invest a lot into cookware.

So as Beth, Katie, Mike and Jo mentioned.....to get the best results, it is suggested to use the best (you can afford) cookware.

I appreciate that this subject was brought up and that Katie shared her knowledge and that others also shared that they were very pleased with their brand of stainless cookware. I just received a Williams Sonoma catalog Saturday....need to look at it and dream a bit. ;) I doubt All-Clad is in my future......but definitely will be checking out what Mike mentioned and also looking at what is offered at the nearest stores....

Thanks everyone for you input. If I'm going to spend the time cooking (not one of my favorite activities) then I do want the results to turn out well without frustration (if possible :lol:).
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KellyC » February 19th, 2008, 10:36 am

Jeremy won't let me even take the catalog for Williams-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond or the Linen Chest.. I spent WAYYYYYYY too much on kitchen stuff.

For the cookware.. I agree, stay away from the copper bottoms!! They look awesome out of the box, but 1 use and they look so ragged. :(

I have a Kitchenaid set that I paid $500ish for I think.. good enough for now, but I think I will ask for a better set for Jer & my wedding. I like them because they go in the oven and on the stovetop.

I have a cast iron skillet & a cast iron dutch oven that I use for a ton of stuff also.. I 'borrowed' them from my mom when I moved out 11 years ago. I saw a skillet just like mine in Sears a few days ago for $25.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 19th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Oh yes, a good cast iron skillet is a must in any kitchen!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ladyhawke » February 19th, 2008, 5:38 pm

I got Emeril's set made by All-Clad, it includes a cast iron grill pan, update later on the performance,etc.
It's more than I need but with holidays and family get-togethers, it will serve the purpose.

Thanks again to all that took the time to post their reviews.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby llrickman » February 19th, 2008, 6:59 pm

We got a set of costco signature series and i love it . it was also a consumer reports best buy
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'