50# Club! Yippeee!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

50# Club! Yippeee!

Postby Lauren » January 26th, 2006, 10:18 am

Hey, everyone-

Just wanted to toot my horn for having passed the 50# mark today! I am officially at 50.5 pounds down, and thrilled, because this was my first big goal. In recent years I have gain and lost weight repeatedly, but it never hit the 50 mark, nudged it in the 40s, but never made it to 50. This is a very exciting day!

Thanks for all of your continued support - I never thought a forum would prove so helpful to me, but it has - and I sure missed it these last 24 hours! :-)

Ciao!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2006, 10:24 am

:whoohoo: CONGRATS!! I'm excited for you!

Stela

Postby MusicalMomma » January 26th, 2006, 10:31 am

:whoohoo: :bravo: :yourock: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

you are an inspriation!!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 26th, 2006, 10:32 am

Lauren, I just noticed that the date you joined this forum was Nov 11th...did you lose 50 lbs since Nov 11th?????? WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby Trixie » January 26th, 2006, 10:35 am

Lauren that's awesome!! :kool: Your compliance is certainly paying off.

Congratulations! You've earned every right to toot your own horn!

Keep up the great work!!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Michelle » January 26th, 2006, 10:39 am

:dance: WOOHOOO!! :dance:

Congratulations!!! What an awesome accomplishment! :cheers:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Michelle
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » January 26th, 2006, 10:39 am

Thanks so much, everyone!

Joyce, I started on Thursday, November 10th, and have "official" weigh in every Thursday since...so today was my 11th week weigh-in...

MF rocks, huh?

Lauren
Lauren

Postby MusicalMomma » January 26th, 2006, 10:42 am

Lauren wrote:Joyce, I started on Thursday, November 10th, and have "official" weigh in every Thursday since...so today was my 11th week weigh-in...Lauren

OH MY FRIGGIN GOSH!!!!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!! :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana: :coolnana: You are the Medifast Master!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
MusicalMomma

Postby DogMa » January 26th, 2006, 10:47 am

That's awesome!!! Save me a seat; I hope to join you in there soon!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » January 26th, 2006, 11:28 am

You guys are too cute! Thanks!

Joyce, honestly, I am not doing anything special. I am just following the diet as it is recommended. I also keep extra healthy fresh veggies in my fridge at all times in case I am really struggling, and need to avoid a binge or even just grazing. I know there's the concern of too many carbs, but if it's between really going off or having an extra cup of broccoli, I think the broccoli is the way to go.

Truth be told, I often end up throwing much of my veggies out every week, but I keep buying them as insurance - I need them there to feel like I have a "safe" option to fall back on. I keep a couple cucumbers, some broccoli, mushrooms, easy things to nibble on if that's what I need.
But it is rare.

However, I never "cheat." I don't go off the program EVER except for some extra veggies periodically. I don't EVER introduce some wonderful flavor back into my day, even a taste, because I fear it would be the beginning of the end. That's why I've been militantly against anyone's recommending "replacing" certain foods with similar nutrition counts, etc. Just don't.

If we're going to do this, then let's really do it, right? I am tired of cheating myself out of my life. When I decided to do MF, I really decided to do it. Not to "try it," not to "give it a shot," but really do it. And if we really keep on "doing it," then the weight comes off. There's no miracle, you just keep on keepin' on.

Alright, I will quickly step down from my soapbox now! Thanks for letting me rant!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby falisamarie » January 26th, 2006, 11:32 am

Lauren

You are so awesome and like Joyce said an inspiration to us newbies.

Way to go and I know the best is yet to come for you!!!

Keep shaking

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Dayna » January 26th, 2006, 11:45 am

Lauren wrote:If we're going to do this, then let's really do it, right? I am tired of cheating myself out of my life.

Yes. Exactly. That's what's been going through my head. That's what I've been telling my husband. (We've been very bad in the past about things like making Friday nights "Free Food" nights, where anything was allowed. Yep, you guessed it - led straight to binging, and weight gain instead of loss, and continued unhealthy relationships with food.) Thank you for stating it so clearly, and for your example; now, whenever I'm tempted to stray from the path, I'll just remind myself, "Lauren stuck with it, no cheating, and now look where she is! 50 lbs in 11 weeks!" Thanks for being a source of inspiration and encouragement.

And congrats on your loss! That's got to make such a huge difference in how you feel.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » January 26th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Hey Lauren! That's fantastic, girl! I thought I saw a blond streak passing me by....yep, it was Lauren. :runner:

Dittos on your last post up there. I haven't cheated even once. The great thing about that is that we can be secure knowing that we are doing exactly what we need to do to lose, so that when the plateaus try to haunt us, there are no second thoughts about what we shoulda/coulda/woulda done.

Let me grab onto your now loose belt so you can drag me into the club.....I'm almost there.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby LoriO » January 26th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Way to go!!! :mrgreen:

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Ashes » January 26th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Hey Lauren..

First of all, I saw your pics in the studio, BEAUTIFUL! I just never posted, idk why.

Second of all, CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Third of all, ha ha, this is getting annoying with all the "of alls", anyways... I agree totally about the "doing it" fully.. I started three weeks ago, and totally cheated. Then On Tuesday, two weeks ago I re-commited and really got focused, and am so glad that I did. The restart was awful, so now I refuse to cheat, because I don't want to have to go through that again. I am so determined now, and have become acustomed to this whole plan, its like second nature! It's amazing how much of a difference two weeks can make!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room