20# club - woohoo!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

20# club - woohoo!!!

Postby nostoppingme » May 26th, 2006, 3:05 am

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!! Today marks week 5 and I hit the 20# mark!! I am very happy about it!

Ok, now I have a ? for everyone. I am going to be spending Sunday night and Monday morning at the shore (Jersey girl here) With some new family (brother's fiance's family) I feel really funny whipping out a shake in front of peolpe I don't know. What the heck am I going to do? I don't want to go off plan, I did that once and gained 6 lbs. What if I just stick to really lean and green for the bbq Sunday night, and then skip breakfast, or just eat an egg or something in the morning? We're leaving early Monday morning, so I could have a bar waiting for me in the car.

I don't know - advise anyone?

Happy happy joy joy - out of the 230's and 220's!!

start 4/21/06
239/219/139
- nostoppingme!!
nostoppingme
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » May 26th, 2006, 4:27 am

Don't skip your MF meals... you will do more harm... you'll send your body into thinking it's starving and then you won't lose anything (and may gain).

Can you make up something as to why you are drinking your shakes -- perhaps that they are special vitamin shakes that the doctor prescribed, or something else along those lines?

Remember, that the bars are only a once a day thing and should not be used as your first or last meal of the day...

Edited to add: :yay: Good job on getting into the #20 club! You're doing great! Don't let the weekend obstacle get in your weigh! :lightsword: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 26th, 2006, 11:37 am

Good job with 20# way to go!

As for the other thing...if I don't want to get into it to explain the program I'm on...I put my morning shake in a coffee cup, or I get up early and make my oatmeal. Eating it in the morning, no one would know it was MF. you can grab your bar any time 3 hours hits...pull it out of the plastic and it's a candy bar or a protein bar...L & G with the family is just you wanting only meat and salad...no biggie!

You can do this if you just decide to!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nicole81 » May 26th, 2006, 12:22 pm

:you: Congrats on the 20# club!

As for my opinion on the whole what to do thing. I was thinking along the lines of what dede said. Put your shake in a fancy cup or something. Or have your oatmeal! That is a normal breakfast food. You can do it and you will figure it out.
-NICOLE
243 highest weight in 10/05
238 BEFORE MEDIFAST 1/06
STARTED MF 3/6/06 @ 230
230/190/130

Going to restart soon. Now 229 had my baby boy 7/14/07. Ready to get Shakin'
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby alpha femme » May 26th, 2006, 12:29 pm

why is everyone so embarrassed to tell people they are doing mf?
i've just told people, "hey, i'm doing mf. i'm sick of being fat. if i mess up, it'll take 3 days to get back on it, so no (whatever is being offered) thank you."

i figure most people would be very respectful and understanding of us wanting to be healthy-- especially when we're obese, not just overweight.

has anyone had bad reactions?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby summerblue » May 26th, 2006, 12:43 pm

i totally agree wiht csula

one thing that i've really come to realize is that what people think about how i am loosing weight doesn't matter to me.

what matters is that i AM loosing weight.

i'm sure your family/friends love you for YOU not because of what particular diet i am on....that uh, HAPPENDS to be working!
just my .02.

........WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSE, looks like you and me are at the same weight loss -20 lbs TODAY!.................Mara
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nova » May 26th, 2006, 6:30 pm

If you still don't want them to know, you can make some of your oatmeal into cookies or muffins and pack them into plastic baggies. When it's time to eat, just pull them out and say you're having a healthy snack. I do that all the time when I'm out with friends and don't want to make a big fuss with shakes.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 26th, 2006, 9:33 pm

I'm with dede! the coffee cups REALLY come in handy ~ you know, the traveling kind that are insulated and you can't see what's inside. Who knows what you could be sipping on! I choose not to tell everyone because I know there will be negative reactions from some and also because if I happen to fall off the wagon temporarily, I don't need anyone saying "See, I told you liquid diets don't work!". Some people are just sooo discouraging, I guess it's human nature for some. I just don't feel like going into, the whole "it's not a liquid diet thing..." They will know after I lose the weight that it DOES work!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby monz » May 27th, 2006, 8:04 am

Congrat! WTG! :coolnana: :coolnana:
5'3"
217/200/125

monz
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room