Is it a clothing conspiracy?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Is it a clothing conspiracy?

Postby Diet Diva » May 15th, 2005, 8:30 am

Hi there fellow Mfasters--

I know this may seem so obvious, we all are experiencing wonderful results with the weight loss due to Medifast, but I am still totally and completely amazed by what Medifast has done for my body composition and muscle tone. I cannot believe that I am wearing clothes 2 or 3 sizes smaller than I would typically wear at my current weight. It was hard to believe at first. I believed that there was a conspiracy between clothing manufacturers to pull a prank on me and mis-label all the clothing....I just couldn't believe that I was fitting in to such a small size!!! I am now wearing the size that I used to wear when I was 30lbs lighter! I believe that because I have lost pure flab, and only flab that my size is much more compact and my muscle tone is great. It makes me wonder how good I'll feel and look at my goal weight.

Anyone else experiencing this amazing medifast phenom? I'd love to hear your results and thoughts.

Take care,
Diet Diva
310 (pre medifast) 238 (start of medifast) 177 (current) 105-110 (goal)
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

M.F, Diet

Postby Jan » May 15th, 2005, 7:14 pm

You're right -- your muscles are in GREAT shape!! Medifast is known as a "muscle sparing diet ". -- that's because it is designed not to burn muscle tissue Some straight low calorie diets -- that aren't as medically researched and thus as fat carb and protien balanced as M.F. burn muscle - Actually your body would rather burn muscle tissue rather than fat because muscle is easier to burn. We are then left with a weight loss, however it is a muscle loss. The fat is still there and we now have less muscle to help burn calories. We still look lumpy and worse we now burn less calories and are more prone to gaining back the weight -- YIPES :mrgreen:
So much for the muscle lesson :D :D
Jan- You can do it and so can I
Jan
Preferred member

Postby bk » May 18th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Isn't it funny that at our starts we would have insisted that clothing manufacturers WERE pulling a prank and labeling them TOO BIG?!?!

Yay DietDiva!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 19th, 2005, 5:34 am

dietdiva

i am looking forward to experiencing this wonder of MF. thank you for giving me something additional to strive for!!

oh and congrats on your loss so far!
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby KeleeGrl » May 19th, 2005, 7:06 am

I think I know what your saying diet diva. I'm only at a 15 pound lost as of last Sunday, but still certain things fit like they did when I had lost weight before, but was down like 25-30 pounds. Unless, its just in my head! :hammerhead:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 19th, 2005, 11:23 am

Keelee...... :no: ......no not in your head........ :mrgreen: ........and not in your butt........lol
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » May 19th, 2005, 11:33 am

:roflmao: Donna, you crack me up!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby RavenKat2 » May 21st, 2005, 11:42 am

I absolutely believe that medifast helps you lose the best way and helps with muscle tone!

That being said, sizes are significantly bigger than they were in the 80's (70's, 60's. etc). I did research on this when I found a pair of 14 jeans from 1984 and laid them over a size 14 from today. NOT the same - not even close! In the 80's some standard rules by which sizes were regulated became de-regulated. Forgive the vagueness, I can't find the artcle at the moment. :? One title for this phenomenon is Vanity Sizing or Size Inflation.

Of course, being in a smaller size at the same weight from last year is not due to this crazy retail idea but to the marvelousness that is MEDIFAST!

Kat
will take a 14 where she can get it! ;)
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Return to Weight Loss