clothes for food?

Got clothes that are too big and ya wanna get rid of? If you're following a weight loss plan, you do.

Donate, trade, barter or sell outgrown clothing here.

clothes for food?

Postby horsey girl » April 25th, 2006, 9:05 am

I have a few things that have never been worn or worn once or twice that I would trade. I lost sizes so fast I blew right past these sizes and I don't intend to go back! I have:
Black Larry Levine pant suit. size 18. This was a $250 suit that I never wore. Tags are still on the pants. I took them off the jacket when I thought I was going to take it to a convention but didn't. It is a short jacket with mauve , lavenderish embroidery on the lapels and sleeve, and 3 covered buttons. The pants have a wide waist band with embroidery. I can send pictures. I would trade for 3 boxes of medifast.
Black Chapter One blazer. Three button front, three buttons sleeve. white accent stiching on lapel. flap pockets. size 14 new with tags. I think this was $115. trade for 3 boxes.
Dressbarn Woman. size 16W pants suit. This is pale green with a transparent jacket with green and copper leaves? and white rectangles outlined in gold thread over an attached green shell and pull on pants. Present from my husband that I wore once to go out to dinner last mothers day. Very pretty. 2 boxes.
I also have some evening wear sizes 3X, 20, 2X, sparkly tops, brocaid pants etc. new with tags one box each if you need some evening wear.
couple pairs of size 18 jeans, wrangler aura, and cross j. The wranglers will fit a twenty.
Any offers? I don't like the cream soups except tomato or some of the drinks. :D
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

clothes?

Postby horsey girl » April 28th, 2006, 11:07 am

Anyone? These are new and I hate to see them not benifit somebody. I can send pictures.
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl

Postby ToyDiva » April 28th, 2006, 6:43 pm

I just pm'd you. I hope I did it correctly!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 29th, 2006, 5:56 am

I know exactly what you mean, Horsey. My guest room is packed full of clothes that I don't know what to do with. I could open a plus size shop! I've always spent alot of money on clothes trying to look good considering my size. Oh well, someone is gonna get quite a bargain at Goodwill.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby She2chat » May 2nd, 2006, 7:09 pm

My Friend and I did a clothes Swap!

I took home the clothes she can't wear yet, and she came over and took home all the clothes that are too big for me.

I really want to find someone to give them to. I don't want to give them to Goodwill and have them sell them.

I would rather give them to friends that need them.

Another option is to give them to a Battered Womens Shelter. I know that they can't afford to buy new clothes because of where they are and what they've been through.

Once you've been abused you never forget, but you always remember someones generosity..

I had someone on Ivillage send me a book (Brand New) because of what I was going through at the time, and I just could'nt afford it. She didn't know me from Adam, but it didn't matter to her.. I still remember and am so very thankful that God even sends "friends" to us that we don't know.

Even as a single mom, I know that I can afford to give things to someone who needs it more than I.

Take care Ladies,

God Bless,

Sheila
She2chat
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby horsey girl » August 10th, 2006, 8:08 pm

Thought I'd bump this up and see if anyone is interested? I'll be easy to trade with. :D
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl

Postby ladyhawke » August 11th, 2006, 5:20 am

Why don't you try a consignment shop? Those evening things would be nice for the holidays coming up.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 26th, 2006, 7:08 am

Hi Ladies,

Those of you who have nice suits, blouses and professional shoes, please please consider donating to <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>. Not sure in which states they have offices. But they are in NY and some other places. They provide suits to low income, battered and/or homeless women who are going on job interviews. If they get the jobs they give them a few more suits and blouses etc. Now imagine being homeless and a plus size and feeling bad about yourself weight notwithstanding, then wading thru racks and racks and not finding anything above a 12 or maybe 14. So they need us!LOL
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 1st, 2006, 3:20 pm

oh the charity for your gently worn clothes is

wwwdotdressforsuccessdotorg
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Swap N Shop