Christi & Linda (LilMsTexas & LuzInIt)

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Christi & Linda (LilMsTexas & LuzInIt)

Postby LuzInIt » July 11th, 2005, 9:53 am

I thought my trip to Washington was going to fall apart on Thursday, when my Mazda broke down (always runs perfectly) and went in the shop. A part had to be ordered and wouldn't arrive until Friday. I had hoped to leave Delaware at 1:30 to avoid the Friday night traffic jam on I95 heading south to DC. On Friday afternoon at 2:30, I was just finishing up deliveries for our business (lots of Friday rainy traffic delays as remnants of tropical storm Cindy were in our area), and my car was still not ready. My husband and I decided I would take our other car (nice new van, but not so good on gas). I would leave him stranded at work with no vehicle and we would just believe things would work out. By 2:45, the rain was coming to an end and after loading up my necessites for the weekend (did I really take 30 packs of Medifast for two days :shock: ?), along with flowers and a basket for Christi, I took off. Traffic flowed freely, despite having hit Baltimore at the 4 pm hour and Washington closer to 5. The hotel I chose was under renovation, but located on the same street as Christi's hospital (about 4 miles north). As it turned out, I don't think anyone had stayed in my room before me. Everything was brand new and besides a king size bed with 8 pillows all for myself, I had a sofa, a lounge chair & ottoman, and a huge desk and large leather business chair. After freshening up (I had been out in the rain all morning getting soaked while delivering), I had an easy drive into Washington Hospital, arriving about 7:00 pm.

Since I was hauling so much stuff (see big basket and flowers below), plus my camera and purse, I decided to just pull up to the front entrance and let valet parking take over. A wonderful gentleman told me he would take good care of my car and park it right at the curb, then helped me unload.

(I had shared with Nancy my only concern for the trip was how much walking might be involved. I have severe neuropathy (diabetic nerve damage) in my legs, and although I don't let it slow me down, if I have to walk a block or more. the pain is severe and I can't always continue. I asked her to keep this issue in prayer, as I really didn't want it interfering with my plans.)

Thanks to my good friend the valet man (and a little help from on high ;) ), my walk into the hospital was short and Christi's room was blessedly located on the first floor, not very far from the entrance. (When I came out after the visit, my car was right there waiting, and I was told at the valet kiosk my charge was $2.00). Hospital parking in the lot across the street is about $6.00 plus valet charge). Needless to say, I was a big tipper!

When I reached Christi's room, the door was partially closed so I passed it and went to the desk to ask if I could go in. The attendant checked and told me to go ahead. She then said "Oh, I forgot to ask who you are"; I'm glad she didn't, because I'm not sure what I would have said. I entered Christi's room as though I owned the place. "Hi, are you Christi?", knowing full well it was as, even after hours of surgery and a bit of pain medication, our girl was looking mighty fine!

She seemed baffled as I placed the basket on the chair next to her bed and the flowers on the window sill. "Who are they from?". I told her I'd hold up the basket for her to see inside and she might have a clue. When Christi looked and saw all the Medifast stuff, I told her I was there as an ambassador for her many friends on the Forum, and we wanted her to know how much we love and appreciate her and wanted to send our blessings. With tears running down her face she said, "but who are you?". I introduced myself as LuzInIt, or Linda. Thus began a wonderful hour and a half visit, and a desire by both of us to reconnect again at least in October for MEDIFASTERS UNITE, if not sooner. I got to meet the hunky Darren, too. (Even if I am a very happily married, 55 year-old, old lady, I still appreciate a fine looking man when I see one ;) ). These are two really nice people and I was blessed to be able to have the time to meet them. I wish you all could have been with me. There is more to tell, but I will leave that to Christi. (I did get to see pictures of the MONSTER); for such a tiny package, our Christi was hiding a big secret under those huge shirts of hers. I am just so excited for her and the success of her operation.

Sorry if my report is long; just wanted you to feel like maybe you were along for the trip. Thanks to so many who joined with me in extending Medifast blessings to one of our own!!!

(I'm afraid I'll erase this if I try putting the pictures, so go to Part 2 for a peek at us!)
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 11th, 2005, 10:28 am

Linda............thanks for updating us and making us feel part of your unselfish trip........ :D .......you are awesome...............
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 10:34 am

LINDA--

Thanks so much for going to bring the goodies to Christi and checking on her and reporting back to all of us.. What a great person you are.. I hate you had all the trouble with your car but glad your room was new..that always makes it nice when you travel.. Thanks again for the story and pictures.. what a blessing to have a firiend like you on our forum.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 11th, 2005, 10:43 am

Linda...........OMG!!!!..... ;) .....you are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!..... :shock: ....I am in shock as you said you were 55 yrs old and you don't look like your even 35 yrs old....... :yes: .....you are going to be ONE HOT THIN BABE........ :yeah: .......thanks so much for sharing these pictures with us..... :hug: ......
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LessOfMe » July 11th, 2005, 11:15 am

I knew you were a very special person from the first time we "spoke" via e-mail, Linda. And, I might add, you look so different from the very first pic you sent to me! I agree....your weight loss is revealing ONE HOT BABE! I just know that Christi will always remember your generosity and that you have made a "forever" friend.

Christi...You are gorgeous and I have to chuckle when I see your little bikini underwear. Those would fit (maybe) on one of my thighs! Recuperation from surgery can be somewhat enjoyable...be sure to relax and do what the Dr. says! A dear friend of mine had her tummy done and she never regretted it.

Your flab has "left the building!" Congratulations!

Karen
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Emma » July 11th, 2005, 12:05 pm

Hi Linda:

Thanks so much for the details - you are truly a special person to do this for us and for Christi.

You are one beautiful lady too - you certainly don't look 55!
WOWZA!! :shock:

Love the photos - Christi looks awesome.

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby fatBgone » July 11th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Hey Linda!!! I don't know why you would ever be "camera shy"....You look great!! And as everyone else has already said - you definitely don't look 55! I think I look older than you and I'm 40!! How did you capture your youth? We need the nitty gritty details!!

THANK YOU soooo much for contacting us so that we could be a part of your sweet gesture! It was incredibly nice of you to put the basket together and deliver it to Christi...you are AWESOME!!! I'm sure she will never forget your kindness!!!

PS - Nancy - those leapord bikinis are oh - so "YOU"!! Too funny!!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby Mommy2girls » July 11th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Wow, Linda, thank you a million times over for the sincere effort and thought you put into organizing this trip on behalf of all of us. :burnout: The pictures brought tiny tears to my eyes and I just can't get over how wonderful and happy you both look. Christi you look fantabulous :bow: for just having had surgery and Linda I would have NEVER guessed your age!!! I would have said you look much much much younger! :shades:

Thank you BOTH :hug: for not only being brave enough to pose for pictures but also for sharing them with us!!! :stroll:

So nice to be able to "see" this very special trip!!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls

Postby LilMsTexas » July 11th, 2005, 1:17 pm

I'm just gonna tell you people that I have cried more in the past 4 days than I have in the past year because of all of you!! Although I have only have a few minutes here and there to pop online and read a bit, I have been doing that since I got back home. I just haven't felt up to sitting here, in what I now realize, is a very uncomfortable computer chair, and responding :? lol So.........here am........so much to say and so much to share that I'm not sure I can get it all in at one time......but......here goes......

First let me just tell you all how blessed I am by all of you. You are absolutely the best group of people in the world and my life is richer and brighter and fuller because of you. When Linda FINALLY helped me to realize who she was and why she was there (because the information just wasn't sinking into my brain quick enough) I was absolutely speechless :shock: I mean I couldn't find words expressive enough to say what I was feeling and how completely overwhelming this display of love and hope and prayer and absolutely fun goodies was to me. I am still struggling to communicate to all of you what this has meant to me. I wasn't able to dig into the basket until I got home because of my position and I needed to sit up to read everything.......but Linda pulled out one small package from Nancy that had the "little bitty teeny tiny leopard print panties" in it :shock: and I just had to hold those up for the camera lol

Wow I just have so much to say about everything......lol The surgery of course went well and there are details to share that I will do later, but suffice it to say for now that the IV went in flawlessly and it was the power of prayer that gave me the strength to give in and let God protect me. I thank each and every one of you that lifted me up in prayer to get through that part of the ordeal. For the first time in my life it was an effortless event with absolutely zero pain!

Today I am doing well and I have just returned from my first post-op appt. with the surgeon. She removed my dressings and replaced them with new ones which gave Darren and opportunity to snap a couple of photos. I'm going to send them to Tim and see if he is able to put them online for me. There is nothing "private" that is revealing so I don't think it will be a problem. I am also going to do something that is VERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY emotional for me, but that is to finally reveal the true nature of the belly monster to you. Like Linda, you may have all questioned why I was having the surgery. Just by looking at my pictures with clothing, you can't get the full effect. Sharing these pictures would have been hard in the past, but not to all of you. There will be strangers who will see them, but I really don't care any more. DING DONG THE MONSTER'S GONE so.........WHATEVER! The pictures were taken the day before surgery. I'll tell you in more detail on the studio when I'm posting them.

For now I am having more back pain than anything else because of the binder pulling on me so much. She really tightened me up, and as you all know I was already having some back issues after vacation. As I am able to stand up more and more this pain should be alleviated. I am not taking any pain medication today, except some ibuprophen, but I take the percocet at night. Like I said, the majority of the pain is in my back and I am going to take a muscle relaxer for that a bit later. I'm just trying not to sleep so much during the day because I'm really not sleeping well.

As for my diabetes........it's ok........having no activity is making it harder to keep it down, but my "medifast medicine" is helping me to keep it at bay....more on that later too.

I'm sorry this has gone on so long, but I just have so much to tell and so much to catch up with you all on. Let me just say one more time how much I love all of you and you are ALL my ANGELS!! I'm going to go send those pictures to Tim now and see if he will post them for me. I'll be online more and more everyday now trying to get caught up with you.

Love and so many hugs,
Christi
P.S. Isn't Linda GORGEOUS!!!! Oh my gosh I was freaking out completely. In person she is even better.......she has this soft glow of kindness that radiates from her smile. She is TRULY a treasure!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby MomsTherapy » July 11th, 2005, 2:53 pm

I think you are wonderful! You immediately stood out to me on this board - just a beaming personality even through a computer screen!!! I am so happy for you and I saw the pics and you look WONDERFUL. I am sure after the incision fades and you "tighten up" you aren't going to be able to contain yourself.

This is so great and I am so happy for you!!! Hooray!!! :D
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby ljm498 » July 11th, 2005, 3:50 pm

Linda, thank from the very bottom of my heart for all that you have done. You are truly a special person, and gorgeous to boot! Thanks so much for sharing the weekend with us. It's wonderful to see the pictures and almost feel like we were there!

And Christi, you're just beautiful too! I can't wait to hear all about the surgery and how everything went. Keep resting!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 70 » July 11th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Linda,
After reading your post here and seeing your picture, this is proof that you are definitely a beautiful person inside and out! What an extremely kind and selfless act that was, and you sure don't look 55 yrs. old! I had to chuckle to myself when I seen the leopard spotted panties Nancy sent. That was a cute present with her signature trade mark on it!

Take Care,
Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Return to Studio