Check out my Before and After Pictures!

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Check out my Before and After Pictures!

Postby Nancy » January 11th, 2004, 2:11 am

Nancy at the Pumpkin Patch in October 2001
Check out my cheeks - it looks like I'm storing nuts for the winter!

We’re recovering from a major winter snow and ice storm here in The Couve this first week of January 2004.

We’ve been iced in four days and have cabin fever!

Since some of you wanted to see my ‘before and after Medifast’ pictures, I searched for 'em this afternoon. I found more pictures taken within the last one year than have been taken of me in the last 20 years! Guess why?!

Chubby people avoid cameras!

Notice that I am hiding in the corn field, thinking you won't see how LARGE I really am? It's hard to camouflage 258 pounds...

I came across some pictures taken October 5th, 2003 at the pumpkin patch. It was a wonderful fall day spent with our best friends and favorite daughter and son-in-law. (OK, okaaay already! We have just one kid - thus she is our favorite daughter!)

Fall is my favorite time of the year. How I love the vibrant colors of the season! Annually our family visits the punkin’ patch and we take several country drives so we can “ooh and ahh” the fall leaves.

I have collected leaves for years – every time I go for a walk and find a unique twig or a gorgeous leaf, I collect it. I press the leaves in my Bible and then place leaves about our home to remind me of our family outing and of the very nature of life. There are seasons in life that we are faced with difficulty but they last only for a prescribed time. New seasons appear and the past is but a memory.

When I go through deep waters or dark days, I remind myself that I can do anything for a season. I know that I can make it. It is only temporary. I can do anything for a season! This truth helped me when I thought that I couldn’t make it through the first week on Medifast…

In Ecclesiastes 3; King Solomon writes that “there is a time for every thing and a season for every activity under heaven:

…a time to be born and a time to die…

…a time to mourn and a time to dance…

…a time to search and a time to give up…

…a time to be silent and a time to speak…”

On July 16th, 2002 I died to my old eating ways.

Medifast gave me new life.
I feel like I’ve been reborn!

When I weighed 258 pounds I was miserable:
I moaned and I mourned for a life filled with, well, for a life filled with LIFE!
After losing 130 pounds, I’m happy and a’dancin’ in my heart of hearts!

I searched for most of my adult life for the answer to my obesity problem.

:brickwall: Just when I had virtually given up, I found Medifast.

I know that there others that have searched for an obesity solution, too.
Maybe you are searching now.
Don’tcha dare give up! Medifast is here!
I can no longer be silent. I MUST speak up. I am compelled to speak up about the benefits of Medifast.

When you compare my ‘Before Medifast’ picture at the top of this page to my ‘After Medifast’ picture, I’m sure you’ll see why it is my time to speak!

Nancy at the punkin patch October 2003
Lovin' life after Medifast...

Last evening we got a call from a lady who had been searching for Optifast and found my website. I’m so thankful that it was her time to find and not her time to give up!

She took the time to call our toll free number at 1-800-621-1927. After talking to Terry she decided she couldn’t wait for her Medifast order to arrive next week.

Since she lives only about 30 minutes from us, we all braved ice encrusted streets and a slippery parking lot and met in front of a local grocery store.

She was so excited to get four boxes of my shakes and she is starting tomorrow!

She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s about to embark on the best ever weight management and disease control program on the planet!

In chapter 4 of Ecclesiastes, v.9-10, King Solomon goes on to say,

“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.”

Isn’t that the truth?

The Forum is here to help you through the rough times, to pick you up and brush you off and to help you get goin' in the right direction and slurpin' again. We’re here to :hi5: rejoice and :goteam: dance with you, also!

That's the advantage of having a personal Health Advisor, too - we've got the answers to your Medifast questions.

It is such a blessing to be able to meet and help people that want to make some healthy changes in their lives. I wish I could meet all of you personally to congratulate you on your hard work. :bow:

Yes, it does take commitment and effort to lose a lot of weight but the results are well worth it. Because of Medifast and my 130 pound weight loss, Terry likes to introduce me in this way, “Nancy Pettit is half the woman she used to be!”

This is an incredible product. It will change your life, one shake at a time. :pour:

I may be half the woman I used to be but I am now twice the wife I was before Medifast!

:coach: Go for your goal! You’ll make it this time! :wave:
Last edited by Nancy on January 15th, 2004, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Maggie » January 11th, 2004, 10:47 am

Nancy....you have inspired me to continue with Medifast and the funny thing is, I wasn't anywhere near about to give up. Being a Health advisor has to be your life calling. Your dedication is so apparent in the posts that you write on this forum and the personal emails you send. I must confess, when I look at your after pictures, I am not seeing you. I am seeing ME. That is what I will look like when I reach my goal. It brings tears to my eyes. There is a beautiful person hidden inside of me,too, and the time has come to let her out. I just wanted to let you know what an influence you are having on my life. I had a low time last week when in desperation I thought, this will never happen for me, (based on my experience with every other diet known to man.) Then I remembered my list of 50 reasons(list is now 61 reasons and growing) why I need/want to lose this weight once and for all. I had only to read two or three to be re-invigorated. I encourage everyone who hasn't done so to compose their own list. You and Terry are the ingredient that has been missing from my other attempts at weight loss. I just wanted you to know. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby susan » January 11th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Nancy,
your pictures are wonderful.you look so great and so pretty .you have really have inspired me. I have a little person hiding inside me too under allthis covering and she will emerge one of these days as this wt. keeps falling off.you just gave me new hope ii can do this i will do this.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jims Chick » January 11th, 2004, 2:51 pm

Nancy,
You look beautiful. I'm going to check out these pictures every time I start to get discouraged or think about eating something not on the program. I haven't shared much of any information about the program with my husband, mostly becuase I was afraid I would fail again and he'd be disappointed in me. Now that I see what I can do, and I see that it really works.....imagine how thrilled he's gonna' be when he loses half a wife!!!
I appreciate all that you and Terry have done to get so many people motivated to lose weight. I know so many people this program would help but see any kind of a liquid diet as being extreme. Maybe someday I'll be able to help someone else the way you guys are helping so many people. I can't wait to say "because I can" this summer....
God Bless You
Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

I may be buried now but I'm on my way outta here, Man!

Postby Nancy » January 11th, 2004, 10:18 pm

Dear, Dear Susan, Maggie & Julie ~

Thank you my precious friends for YOUR encouragement to me. I really appreciate your feedback. You make me feel special. :rose:

Yep, YOU will make it to your goal this time. This IS the last time that you will ever have to do this. :yippee:

You WILL be able to maintain your appropriate weight because you are learning when to eat, how often to eat, how much to eat and what to eat. Because you are making lists of all the reasons WHY you want to lose weight, you WILL remain motivated!

Hoo boy, when I first began the FINAL weight reduction phase of my life, I read my WHY LIST daily - sometimes several times a day!

Then when you reach your goal, you make a new list of all the reasons WHY ya wanna stay at your goal weight.

You dump ALL the loose, baggy matronly clothes and only buy body-hugging clothing, wear pants and skirts with waistbands, zippers and buttons and ya just don't let your clothes get too snug. When ya feel 'em cinching up, it means shake days (notice I didn't say shake WEEKS?!) and you monitor your weight daily.

You are sortta like living in a chrysalis stage right now. We all know that the butterfly IS inside, it's metamorphosing right now. Soon you'll emerge, you’ll be brand new! :hatch:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby finalstraw » January 14th, 2004, 10:56 am

Nancy, you have a new best friend, what inspiration, I am in the 'waiting for the 1st shipment to arrive'. I am sure I will be asking lots and lots of questions from someone with such GREAT success.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 14th, 2004, 11:00 am

Nancy: I think you should put THAT pic on the homepage!!!! you look awesome!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Oh, thank you, now I'm blushing...

Postby Nancy » January 14th, 2004, 11:51 pm

Thanks, Jeanette - tell Unca - he's the Tech Dude.

:kool:

I'm the formerly Fat currently blabby Dudette!

:puter:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 18th, 2004, 10:40 am

Nancy I so enjoy your posts and these pic's were just icing on the cake, errr sorry...Ice in my shake.... You are my inspirtation!
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby Landylue » February 29th, 2004, 6:08 am

W-O-W!!! What an extraordinary comparison! Thank you so much for sharing those photos! Please accept my most sincere congratulations!

Nancy, I hope you realise that you are beautiful in both photographs, but it is amazing how you look so much more happy and full of vim and vigor in the second. What an encouragement you are to everyone on this forum.

God bless you in all you are doing.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » March 1st, 2004, 6:12 pm

Thank you, Dear dear Landy Lue ~

Not bad for a 55 year old lady, eh?

I FEEL fabulous!

I was working in the yard today and I hoisted a 30 gallon trash can filled with yard debris up over my shoulder and dumped it in the big dippsy dumpster. All by myself. Because I can. I wore a knit shirt tucked in to my size 6 jeans and a cool leather belt. I felt so hot in my yard clothes!

I tell ya, there's nothing like looking and feeling :D thinner to get ya motivated to work in the yard, etc. I DO indeed have more vim and vigor - thanks to Medifast!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Starloser63 » March 2nd, 2004, 7:01 am

Nancy, I just saw your pictures, they look great! You are an awesome person. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with us.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

WOW!!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » October 22nd, 2004, 1:47 pm

Nancy,
Your words alone are very motivating and then I see these photo's and feel even more encouraged and happy to be on MF!
Your spirit and exterior are both beautiful and shiny!!
God Bless and thank you SO much for this forum!
It has been a big help already in just my few days here.
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » October 22nd, 2004, 2:38 pm

Thank you, Shrink - you, too will be there before you know it. You will virtually shrink before your own eyes and everyone will want to know how you do it!

We have some more photos from our recent vacation to post.

Unca is really busy right now working on our home computer network system.

He is so smart - he hooks up stuff, makes it run smoothly and posts the pictures, whatever I need, he does it - ah...this is the life, isn't it? - having the joys of bossing two guys around! (Unca the techy Dude, is my brother-in-law and lives with my husband Terry and me.)

Yup, Folks, I just :heart: barking commands to two amazingly handsome and capable guys. All from my leopardy office chair or my velvety bedroom rocker or the blue Victorian chaise in my 'resting room.'

All because I can, I do! ;)

P.S. Yeah, well I am a legend in my own mind...these guys take orders from no one. :x Drat! Sometimes the testosterone and sports channels get to me and I must head out for some retail therapy. Hmm...I feel a case of the vapors coming on right now...did I hear someone mention the word 'shopping'? I'm outta here, Man! :wave:

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 22nd, 2004, 4:34 pm

Nancy,

MF should do a calendar with you all over it! SUPER motivating stuff!!! You're our pin-up girl you gorgeous thing!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to Studio