cheater cheater

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

cheater cheater

Postby medimama » September 1st, 2006, 3:49 pm

well, it said list failures here - so here's mine! After 24 days of NEAR perfection ... I let myself totally blow it just now! I'm a little stressed about a crying toddler - all day crying, which he's NEVER done - and allowed myself to cheat with "stress" being my excuse ... can you all believe that, what a cop-op! Also, I believe that God has been with me through all "my" success, so I do feel like I just turned from God! However, I refuse to let this one failure determine the future in my weight loss ... it's done, over - my stomach already hurts (hamburger helper anyone?)! I just need the encouragement of others as well, I know I need to continue as I've just started! God bless to all, happy successes
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » September 1st, 2006, 4:02 pm

You've certainly got the right attitude. What's done is done, and there's no use beating yourself up over it. Move on, hop right back on the program and use this as a learning experience. You know what made you cave; so what can you do the next time you're stressed - other than eat? Whether it's finding another way to cope with stress or just always making sure you have something healthy and comforting on hand (pudding, maybe, or oatmeal, whatever it is you like), figure out some new strategies.

This is a process and I firmly believe that perfection for most of us is neither possible nor even desirable. You don't want to just lose the weight; you want to keep it off permanently. A big part of that is learning how to handle stress - and other challenges - without turning to food. So here's your first learning opportunity. Be sure to take advantage of it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » September 1st, 2006, 4:03 pm

One small failure does not determine your future sucess. Dont make excuses, just accept it and keep going. If you fell you failed God or turned away from God then pray about it and ask for forgiveness.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kmr » September 1st, 2006, 5:52 pm

I think Dogma really summed it up with learning to deal with stress in more positive ways. Severe stress several years ago is what caused me to gain 80 lbs. I know if I don't learn to deal with it in other ways besides turning to comfort food (which helped me get through the hard times and keep functioning, but in the end hurt me physically), I will never lose the weight. And when you're not up to par physically, that can hurt you emotionally and mentally. It then turns into a viscious cycle. No human being is perfect. Don't get so down on yourself. Just get back on plan and keep trying to do your best. Try and be your own best friend and give yourself a pep talk just like you would to any of your close friends that you care about, if they messed up with something. Keep up the good work. You can do this! We are all here for one another. I can relate to what you mentioned in your post about being stressed about a crying toddler. I remember those days well. I had two crying toddlers at once(twins) in stereo I would say! It's all worth it though, when you look back on it. Nothing good comes easy. I will stop ranbling now(hee,hee,hee)Bye!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby medimama » September 1st, 2006, 7:46 pm

you're all spectacular - such kind words! I do feel bad, but for sure will not let it get the better of me ... as one of you stated, that's basically how I got overweight in the first place and it does become a viscous circle/cycle! thanks so much to you all
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama

Postby Arklahoma » September 1st, 2006, 7:58 pm

Just like everyone else has already stated ... It's just a small bump in the road. Keep your chin up and just keep on keepin' on. You Can Do This!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 2nd, 2006, 2:19 am

Medimama, please forgive yourself. Just continue your plan. Whats done is done. The only damage you've done is interupt your momentum a little. Thats all. Just hop back on and continue what you were doing....which is fantastic. Keep up the great work!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 2nd, 2006, 5:24 am

I find that one time I cheat I get the taste for food back and the cravings come back. And I am a habitual cheater. One day becomes two, becomes three...

Just get back on the horse and start riding again!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby medimama » September 2nd, 2006, 7:10 am

yes, it's definitely gonna slow me up a bit ... I'm a pound a half up just from yesterday!!! sad, but o-well, it was my poor choice! so, no soda for the next three days and I'll probably keep out the l&g too - just do MF products to get my body back on track! my mind is back on track, that's the most important thing! I love reading all the positive reinforcement to just keep on and move on! thanks to you all
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama

Return to The Weight Room