Chat Schedule

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Chat Schedule

Postby Mike » June 28th, 2008, 12:24 am

My wife and I were thinking :scratchhead: (she actually came up with the idea :idea:) that it would be great to have some scheduled chats on here. :puter: We have the ability by using the nice chat button that Unca got placed on here :yes: (its the little lady above that says LIVE CHAT).

Given our schedules, we were thinking of hosting chats ourselves and were in hopes that others here would come join in. :secret:

Here is the schedule that we came up with for us: Mike - Tuesday evening at 7 PM. Diana - Friday morning at 8 AM (both are Pacific Time).

Please let us know what you think :cool: :idontknow: :whoohoo: :aarggh: , if you would like to come join in :partytime: , and also, if you would be interested in hosting a chat yourself. :yourock:

I'm going to post this in the Web Room also. You don't have to respond in both places. ;)

:woohoo:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » June 28th, 2008, 10:24 am

Well 7pm would make it 10pm here - a little late. 8am might work for me, but I am often at the gym at 11am.

I wouldn't mind hosting a chat. Since I am not working my schedual is open. That way we could figure out a time for us easterners.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SharonR » July 1st, 2008, 12:20 pm

Sounds good to me! I could host a chat in the afternoon sometime when the kids are napping. That would be fun...of course if anyone showed up! LOL
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 3:26 am

The next question is when shall we start this?

Actually Mike might NOT be able to host Tuesdays at 7, but maybe Tuesday afternoons here from 4-5 p.m.? (We haven't discussed this part, but we have discussed joining a Bible study on Tuesday evenings. He's asleep right now, otherwise I'd ask him before posting this.)

Would 7:00EST on Tuesdays work better for Easterners?
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » July 6th, 2008, 9:43 am

Sounds good to me... whaddaya think folks. And what times for the other folks (Bren, Sharon) to host their chats?
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katieb920 » July 6th, 2008, 1:05 pm

I really like the 4-5 on tuesday. That would be 7-8 eastern standard time correct. I need to get back on track and I know you guys would be the one to help me.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » July 6th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I am or can make myself available just about anytime between 8am and 10pm EST. I am even willing to preplan a topic and post it ahead of time. That way we could focus on specific issues that are affecting us and our weight loss.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 5:28 pm

You know, I really don't think it needs to be topic driven -- just kind of a y'all come and hang-out kind of deal.

It could be, if we find we are craving topics, perhaps we could use Dr. Andersen's new book, The Habits of Health, which will be released the end of this month at the Take Shape for Life national conference. There's also a workbook which will accompany the text.

Whatever we do, since this is a Take Shape for Life/Medifast Meal Replacement Support forum provided free of charge by the Pettits, if we want topics other than ones that come readily available from that source, we should have the Pettit's guidance and approval if it's to be more formal and instructive than simply a gathering spot.

When we mentioned host, our thought was someone to actually be in the room to talk with, to welcome people as they entered and, if necessary, make introductions. Hopefully, there will be at least one Health Coach (preferably certified) in attendance, but not necessarily the host, who can validate TSFL program components if questions come up. Our intent is not to duplicate the structure of the TSFL calls which have topics followed by a question-answer period, but more of a Cheers! atmosphere where anything goes knowing that we've got common ground in our collective journey toward healthier lives and that that theme will, undoubtedly, emerge organically.

(Robin, feel free to fix any and all grammar, particularly in that last run-on. :mrgreen: )
Diana

Postby SharonR » July 7th, 2008, 12:21 pm

That sounds good Di, more like the Medifast site chat room. Just a place to hang and newbie's come in and just want to know is people are successful, how much they have lost, ect. ect.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Did you guys end up beginning on Tuesday. I would also be interested in anything in the nighttime. AZ time, so whatever nighttime in CA, it would be the same here.

Lots of good ideas so far
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 10th, 2008, 10:41 pm

We are going to delay the start of scheduled chats until after National Convention (end of July/beginning of August) for a couple of reasons:

Nancy wants to be available for them, particularly the first week, and her schedule won't allow it until after Convention.

Since this is a Take Shape for Life authorized site, there are policies that we will need to follow (for example, a sponsored event such as a hosted chat must be overseen by an active, certified TSFL Health Coach).

SOOO. . . in the meantime, we'll be learning lots and making sure we do things right. And there will no doubt be a huge, colorful, celebratory and informative post when we are really ready to start a chat schedule.
Diana

Return to What's Shakin'