centuryclub

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » June 11th, 2008, 11:13 pm

I just want to encourage you. Folks who start this program don't always see a loss immediately, and thats following the program as written (and cutting back on the exercise). Given that you are exercising while starting and not cutting the exercise back much, you aren't giving your body a big chance to get used to the program, and so you may not immediately see the results you are hoping for.
If you do, then that is awesome.
We just want to make sure that if you don't, that you don't get discouraged and see that you ake the proper adjustments so that you will see the success.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby centuryclub » June 12th, 2008, 5:08 am

yeah, absolutely Mike, I'll keep that in mind. I have reduced the exercise load though (I was lifting+swimming before), but yeah, i see your point

well, on with day 2... have a good day everyone!
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRxkE4s/]
[/url]

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it." - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Always run off the field - you never know who's watching.
centuryclub
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 12th, 2008, 7:26 am

One thing I noticed. You said you had a "small piece of chicken" for your L&G. Does the guide not still call for 7 ounces? That's actually a pretty big piece.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jayzoe » June 12th, 2008, 1:46 pm

I'll just chime in here and say HI first of all :D

second of all, the best thing I ever heard was to let ALL my Medifast stuff soak before cooking it/eating it. I used to abhor the shakes until I figured out that I need to let them sit for quite a bit (in the fridge) before remixing them and slurping them down, now they're quite nice! Same thing with eggs, soup, chili, etc. The only thing I don't let sit is the oatmeal which I happen to love and eat every morning :mrgreen: .

Also, the Magic Bullet is my best friend, I use it for everything except oatmeal and chunky soups. Mix it up in the bullet for a bit, stick it in the fridge till I'm ready to eat it or cook it. Soups I cook for two minutes and then let soak for at least half an hour...

anywho, didn't mean to write a book :oops:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby centuryclub » June 12th, 2008, 2:16 pm

thanks for the cooking tips. If anyone has any other cooking tips/general tips/advice on what to get I'd appreciate it.

Dogma - maybe its just small in comparison to what I'm used to? Portion control, portion control...

have a good evening all
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby centuryclub » June 12th, 2008, 8:17 pm

ok, so today looked like...

maple and brown sugar oatmeal @ 7.30

chili (thanks for the tip dogma!) w/ 1/5 tsp hot sauce @ 10

Oatmeal/Raisin Bar @ 12:30

Swim 1-1:40 ( Did 40 laps, but the intensity is extremely mild - I actually did 30 laps straight of breast stroke, stopped, and it only took me about 30 sec-1min to breathe normally... its really not that intense, and considering that i spend the rest of the day at a desk or in bed, i feel like i somehow need to get in some activity)

Cream of Broccoli w/1/5 tsp hot sauce @ 2:30

Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal (definitely my fav meal, along with the cream of broccoli) - 4:30

L&G - 1 1/2 cup celery (~3 stalks) w/ grilled chicken w/ black pepper @ 7:30

so today i cut the condiments back, didnt have the snack and didnt drink a diet soda.

I'm gonna send back the maryland crab box, probably for some shakes or variety of oatmeal. Any suggestions on flavors?

Thanks all... 2 days down

And I actually just had one question for the moderators - in the booklet that I was sent, it says that 1 Tbsp of lime juice was a one serving condiment. In the online PDF, it says that 2 Tsp are one serving. I know that that's hardly a difference and probably doesn't matter at all, but I'm just wondering what is right/giving you guys a heads up on the inconsistency

-Later Days
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby Mike » June 12th, 2008, 9:10 pm

centuryclub wrote:And I actually just had one question for the moderators - in the booklet that I was sent, it says that 1 Tbsp of lime juice was a one serving condiment. In the online PDF, it says that 2 Tsp are one serving. I know that that's hardly a difference and probably doesn't matter at all, but I'm just wondering what is right/giving you guys a heads up on the inconsistency

I looked in the PDF of the QSG that I have downloaded and it says 1 Tbsp. Where did you see one that says 2 tsp? Not that it really is a big difference, but still.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby centuryclub » June 13th, 2008, 10:02 am

mike, sent you a PM

Because I had woken up so early yesterday (for me, anyway), i ended up going to bed at like, 8, but woke up at 10.30pm. So then i couldnt fall back asleep until like, 3 am, and i woke up at 10:45 or so am. Because I was up for awhile from 10.30pm-3am, I had the crackers but no MF meal. So my first meal today was eggs (cooked in skillet was definately a great tip, Mike) at 11. Ill eat the bar on the way to the pool in maybe half an hour, for number 2 and work from there.

Does anyone have advice on what they did when their sleep schedule got messed up?

Oh, and I checked my weight today. Im close to 183 today - so thats like, 8 lbs in 2 days ( I did it same time of day, in the morning, before i ate or drank and after i took a leak). Very exciting... and i dont think im losing muscle mass, they still feel as big as they were, even though I'm not weightlifting. I think the swimming is definately helping there because for me its something of a resistance workout as well as cardio, so my arms/chest/legs get a mild workout.

The thing I'm using to weigh myself is the Wii Fit - if anyone has a kid or has a Wii themself, its a pretty cool game. They give you a fitness board and there are all sorts of yoga, strength training, balance and aerobic games you can play on it. It can also weigh you electronically and do a BMI calculation (though i think the calculation is just based off of weight/height and a chart, not having anything to do with muscle mass). Its nice because I can go back to a certain day and see exactly what I weighed then.

later days-
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby centuryclub » June 13th, 2008, 7:30 pm

so today looked like

Scrambled Eggs @ 11

Peanut Butter Bar @ 1:30

Swim 2-2.20 (Only did 22 laps today because kid brother came and wanted to leave early)

Cream of Broccoli soup w/ hot sauce @ 3:30

Chicken and Wild Rice (soaked it for a little bit and cooked on stove, much better than the first time) w/ hot sauce @ 5:30

Chicken w/ black pepper w/ 3 cups of romaine lettuce @ 7:30

Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal @ 9:40

3 days down

-later days-
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby Mike » June 13th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Hi there. You did a great job today. BTW, we love our Wii. I hate what the Wii Fit is telling me ATM, but its a great trainer.

BTW... I'm assuming when you said you weighed in at 183 you meant 283? According to your ticker anyhow, thats a great job.

On the Lime juice... I noticed the mix-up, but I wouldn't fret... a tsp of lime juice is very little of anything.

Keep it up.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby centuryclub » June 14th, 2008, 6:08 am

haha, whoops. yeah, 283. That would be interesting... losin 108 pounds in 2 days

have a good day all!
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby centuryclub » June 14th, 2008, 7:51 am

So checked the scale again today and am 10 lbs down to 281.

1/14 of the way done

Today may be a little difficult to stay on track - We're having a surprise party for my parents' anniversary (I have a bunch of cousins/relatives/family friends from NY coming down). But I'm gonna stay on track. The results are just way too good not to!

I was reading in the elevator post, and I saw a thread about what folks are most lookin forward to. I'm gonna think it over and post it when I'm good to go, but its definately a very interesting thread.

Mike, I'm sorry but some terminology I don't understand. ATM?

And I've been reading around... What is an NSV? I know that it means like, something happened to me that would not have happened had I not lost this weight - at least that's what I gathered from context, but I'm not sure what it stands for.

Thanks for the support everyone. I think the forum is definately helping me quite a bit in this little venture.

-later days-
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby TonyR » June 14th, 2008, 11:29 am

centuryclub wrote: What is an NSV?

Congrats by the way, and NSV = Non Scale Victory....like you bought a pair of 38 jeans and you are wearing 42's right now and the 38's fit snuggly....that is a NSV because it has nothing to do with weighing on the scale!

I am assuming that ATM means At The Moment.....
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby centuryclub » June 14th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and the answers Tony!

hey all. So today was the toughest day on the plan - not because I was feeling physically ill or otherwise, but because of all the temptation!

So it was my parents' anniversary. My older brother, his girlfriend, our cousin, her fiance, family friends and my other cousin and her fiance all came down from NY to have a surprise party for my parents (they were legitimately surprised). I'm 1/2 Indian, and there was a LOT of good Indian food... chicken tikka masala (my favorite), samosas, sesame noodles, etc.

And then my older brother reveals the grand finale. A cake from one of New York's nice bakeries. Double chocolate. With a lemon-butter cream frosting. Damn.

I am, however, happy to report that I did not cheat at all and am still totally committed. But boy, did that chicken tikka look good...

So today went like...

Chili w/ hot sauce @ 10

Swim from 11:30-12:15. I did 50 laps today in the 45 minutes including brief breaks. I think I'm gonna end up cranking it up to 100 by the end of next week. I could probably do it now, but right now the problem isn't so much that I can't do 100, it's that I get bored/don't want to be in there for ~100 minutes. But by next week, regardless, I will. I could probably get 100 laps of swimming done in around an hour and a half. That's not so bad (especially considering that time doesn't mean as much in the lazy days of summer)

Broccoli Soup w/ hot sauce @ 12:30

Anniversary Party 1:30-6:45

Chocolate Mint bar @ 3:30

Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal @ 7 (This one was later because we were at the party (it was at a family friend's house), and I didn't bring anything but the bar to eat)

Grilled chicken w/ black pepper w/ 1 cup celery, 1/2 cup cucumber @ 8:30 (also had a diet orange soda, which now tastes like candy :-))

Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal @ 10:45

We'll see if the holding off pays off on the scale tomorrow.
Ill probably adjust my tracker every 10 lbs. Hopefully I can be ahead of my timetable.

I know I've got the commitment (at least after today, I know).

I think the fact that I know exactly how much i spent, coupled with the fact that I know that if I mess up even once its not enough to work the extra calories off due to the ketosis, is gonna keep me on track in the long haul. ... plus all the things im lookin forward to, which I'll get to at some later point

-later days-
TOTAL COUNTDOWN
[/url]

centuryclub

Postby cydj21 » June 15th, 2008, 7:55 am

centuryclub wrote:I am, however, happy to report that I did not cheat at all and am still totally committed. But boy, did that chicken tikka look good...

Challenges like that are extremely tough, but they can also be incredibly empowering. Good for you! Keep it up. You are on the right track and every time you pass up off-plan foods you are establishing the habits that make for success with MF. I cannot wait to see how quickly you shrink!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal