Can my daughter do this?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Can my daughter do this?

Postby mommajayne3 » December 2nd, 2003, 9:01 pm

I know, I have to check with her doctor, which I will, but thought I would ask here to get info before her next appointment. My 16 year old daughter was diagnosed last year with dilated cardiomyopathy. This is serious heart condition. She was implanted with a pacemaker and defibrillator, but has had numerous other problems pop up related to this condition. She was a very athletic girl, playing sports year round. Since this diagnosis, she has been restricted from any physical activity. She is allowed to go to school for only 3 hours a day and then must come home and rest. The only exercise she is getting is the short walks going from class to class. She has put on a lot of weight due in part to the inactivity, but also some from the medications that she is on. She is depressed about what this has done to her life. She is upset about not being able to do anything and upset with the weight gain. This weight is also not doing her heart any help. We have tried ww for months, with no results. We have mentioned this to her doctors, and they just kind of look at us. They say they understand. That isn't helping much. She cannot have anything that has any caffeine or stimulants. Is there anything in these products that would be considered unsafe for her? I know, the usually liability stuff, you are not docs, etc, just looking for some information to help her through this.

Thanks.
mommajayne3

Only the Virtual Clinic Medical Team knows for sure...

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2003, 10:51 pm

Hi, Mommajayne,

Aw, what an understanding and caring Mom you are to be concerned about your daughter’s emotional well being in addition to her physical health. Your family has really been through a trial but we rejoice with you that there are some little blessings along your path, too. Your daughter is back in school and able to be with her friends and classmates.

Yep, you’re right, we are not doctors and cannot diagnose or make medical claims but we certainly can link you up with our great medical support network of registered nurses and our physician. Take Shape For Life does have clients with heart disease but before they can be placed on a program, they must first be screened by the Medical Team. We have a marvelous Virtual Clinic Medical Team and they stand ready to provide you with the answers that you need.

Contact our Take Shape For Life Support Nurse Help Desk toll free at 1-88877-270-5704 Monday/Wednesday/Friday 7 am – 3 pm PST.

Blessings to you and your precious daughter, Mommajayne!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

can you check the number

Postby mommajayne3 » December 3rd, 2003, 1:49 am

it doesn't look right.

Thanks
mommajayne3