Another prodigal "daughter".....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another prodigal "daughter".....

Postby TypingTrish » May 5th, 2005, 6:54 am

Hey Gang! It's been "almost" a year since I last logged in here on the forum :( And we all know what that means..yep..another year has gone by and I'm right back where I started from! I was almost afraid to even post on here, admitting I had failed yet again. Then, I got to reading some of the posts from others who were here last year when I was and how they have come back too! Woo Hoo! Familiar faces..I love it!

I really need everyone's help this time. I have GOT to get this weight off! I feel miserable all the time, no energy, just don't want to go out and do anything right now. I ordered more MediFast and my supply is in and I've been back on the plan for a little over a week now. I'm not even gonna step back on those scales just yet, because I know that the 40+ pounds I lost last year are back, if not maybe a few more :( HOWEVER...when these jeans I'm in start getting loose again, and I can get into the pair I was wearing last year, I'll find the courage to hop back on Mr. Scales again!

We are going to Florida in a month, and although I know I will not have lost a lot by then, maybe I can at least feel a little bit better about myself than I do right now. My oldest daughter will be graduating next year, and I keep telling myself that there will be lots of times when the senior parents have to stand up and be recognized and that sort of stuff...I'm not gonna be the "fat mom" when those times come starting next fall!

I really need all the encouragement I can get..E-mails, posts, etc. I know this can be done, because I lost 90+ pounds about 11 years ago. I just have to make up my mind that THIS IS IT!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone again! It's good to be back!

:puter: Trish
TypingTrish
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » May 5th, 2005, 7:35 am

Hi Trish! I didn't know you when you were around the boards last year, but I'm glad to meet you now! :hug:

It's wonderful that you're back, and yep, you're not alone... You lost 90 pounds once, so you can definitely do it again-- and we'll help any way we can. By this time next year, you will be the Skinny Mom standing up to take a bow, and not just for your daughter's accomplishments, but for your own, too!

Congrats on being back on the path to a healthier, happier you. :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 5th, 2005, 8:47 am

Hi Trish, I am glad to see that you have taken control back and decided to come back to the MF family (the greatest bunch of LOSERS I know). :goteam:

At least you know that you can do this, because you have done it before, I can't say that. I have never been able to lose more than 20# in the past 10 years. Of course, I lose those same 20# but then I gain it all back + 10 or so more. Over the past 10 years I have managed to gain about 65-70#. And to think it all started with needing to lose 20.

As you can see I am very close to losing the first 20# again, but this time I have an ACE up my sleeve and that is this forum.

We are glad you are here, I'm sure there are things you can teach us about getting there, then maybe we can all help one another stay there. :stroll:

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 5th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Trish.........First...... :wavie: .........it's nice to meet you..........Secondly.......I see you have admitted that you have failed..... :x .....however ..........I see it that you have not failed but instead fallen and picked yourself back up...... :yes: ......to have failed would be to stay down forever ..................You will succed..... :yay: ....one shake at a time..... :guzzle: ......you've done it once.....you can do it again.........there are so many people on this forum with hugh hearts that will run along side of you.... :hug: .....I'll be praying for your strength to succeed.
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.