Call Me Alice . . .

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Call Me Alice . . .

Postby 24KaratGold » June 26th, 2005, 8:48 am

. . . 'cause I'm in ONEderland!!!!

Scale says 199.0 this morning, my friends! (And I had "cheated" and jumped on the scale yesterday morning, where it was at 201 for the 10th day in row or some such thing.) ONEderland! AND the 70 pound club!!

I actually let my husband see the number on the scale while I was standing on it! We've been married 20 years, and that's the first time that's ever happened, LOL.

Oh my. 199.0 This is the first time in 30 years I've been below 200 pounds.

And I couldn't have done it without Medifast, and most importantly without Nancy, and Tim, and Sylvia, and Christy, and Rae, and bk, and Dean, and . . . oh dang, if I list everybody's name I'm sure to leave somebody out, and I couldn't have done it without everyone of you out there rooting for me, especially through this last two week plateau when I really was thinking that I wanted to just stop doing this for awhile.

199 is very motivating -- I can just about guarantee I'll be 100% compliant this week, and next week, because there's NO WAY I'm gonna let that scale slide back up over the 200 mark!

If there's anybody lurking out there, wondering whether or not to try this, and whether or not this works, all I can say is: DO IT! It works if you let it work, and I am proof positive.

This is silly, but I'm actually a bit teary. I never thought it would happen.

Thank you, my friends. Thank you for being there on this journey, and for holding me accountable and giving me support.

199.0. Oh my.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Sablebaby » June 26th, 2005, 8:57 am

WOW!!! 199!!! I'm so happy for you!! You literally worked your butt off!! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME JOB!!!
:dance:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby Emma » June 26th, 2005, 9:37 am

Hi 24K:

I'm so happy for you - you've got me a little teary. What a milestone in your journey, you should be so happy and proud of yourself :clapclap:

You are such an inspiration to me (and others) and you always have such "wise" words of support. Even though I don't know you, I feel like I "know" you and many others here because we are all going thru the same weight and food issues and it is SUCH a big part of our daily lives. Enjoy your accomplishment and celebrate!

Happy Day!
emma
:D :cheermed:
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 26th, 2005, 10:08 am

24K............I Love the Title........"Call me Alice"..............perfect....perfect...perfect...............and CONGRATULATIONS....... :yay: ........your perseverence is paying off..... :bounce: ....
donna.........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LessOfMe » June 26th, 2005, 10:18 am

TOTALLY AWESOME, "Alice!" Congratulations on your journey of success and finally arriving in ONEderland!
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Walks262 » June 26th, 2005, 10:39 am

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
24KGold, I bet you are just dancing all over the house, the yard, the street, the town today!
:dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
You may just dance and shake yourself down farther.
Enjoy your success.
Lots of us are thrilled with your success and are inspired by your journey. Thanks for sharing.
Ain't ONEderland grand? And isn't Medifast great?
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 26th, 2005, 11:41 am

24K-

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I had a feeling this would be your week for getting into ONEDERLAND! I am so happy for you!

:yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay: :yes: :bouncie: :yay:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 26th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Alice (24K), your post has me smiling like a Cheshire cat in a tree (complete with hookah pipe).

Call me a Mad Hatter..........but as impressed as I am with your arrival in ONEderland..........I am even more impressed with the fact that you had to lose the equivalent of an average 4th grader to get there.

Over 70 pounds GONE!!! WOO HOO...now THAT is indeed impressive!!

I am assuming that you have been continuing to take long brisk walks as you said in previous posts...........that walking is the secret ingredient for when the scale stalls out......works every time.

Getting below the 2's was a MAJOR hurdle.........and YOU MADE IT!! I have a feeling you will slide on down to your goal weight in record time now.

.......as the old Jefferson Airplane song said............"Go ask Alice..........when she was just SMALL"

oh.......and Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee said to tell you "Congrats".........the Queen of Hearts is jealous as HECK.......so watch out for her........she is dangerous when angry.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Ron » June 26th, 2005, 1:10 pm

What a cute message (Call me Alice...) for such a monumental feat! Congratulations!
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 26th, 2005, 3:09 pm

Dear sweet "Alice"......congratulations dear friend. I've been sitting here for a while wondering exactly what I want to say, or rather how I want to say it.

I can only imagine the feeling of accomplishment you must feel today. I am especially proud of the fact that you are strong enough emotionally now to completely share your journey and life with your husband. Now he can completely join in all the fun as he sees you melt away before his very eyes.

Once you get into the 180's I think you will feel completely confident that you will never see the "2s" again. I know everytime I break a barrier I need it to be far far away before I feel confident. Right now I am sooooooooo hoping for at LEAST 149 before surgery. I just want to see the 140's soooooooo badly on my own....BEFORE the surgery. Why do these numbers mean so much to us? Oh crud.....not THAT subject again! Just forget I said that.

By the way "Alice" if that is really your name ;) what the heck IS your name?? lol

I wish I could be there with you to celebrate today. I hope you do something special for yourself. I will dance around the room and do the happy dance in a minute.......my kids already think I'm crazy anyway.

I've been trying to finish this post for the past 30 minutes now. Good grief......kids climbing all over me lol

I just want you to know how proud I am for you and I want to hear alllllllllllllll about how you celebrated with that awesome new body of yours ;)

Love and hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby LeeannNH » June 26th, 2005, 4:34 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hi 24K

congrats to you on one-derland! i joined with you myself on friday. :mrgreen:

it feels so awesome huh?!

anyway..congrats again and good luck as you go ahead
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby ljm498 » June 26th, 2005, 5:11 pm

24K That's just so awesome!!!!! Congratulations! All of your hard work and dedication has paid off and now you will be well on your way to goal! You are such an inspiration to all of us!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498

Postby mytime » June 26th, 2005, 8:07 pm

24K - Honestly it couldn't have happened to a nicer person !!! You must be soooo proud :) You made it through ten days and your very hard work paid off BIG TIME. Good for you - hope you are doing a onederland dance :mrgreen: Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 26th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Dear Alice,
psssst....don't tell everyone, but my eyes are a little misty too.

What a journey you've been on, but can you think of a better one?

We just walked in the door from Utah, pretty well drained, but I had to at least give you a big cyber hug for entering onederland.
:hug:

Aint it fun getting healthy....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » June 26th, 2005, 10:20 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:Dear Alice,
psssst....don't tell everyone, but my eyes are a little misty too.

What a journey you've been on, but can you think of a better one?

We just walked in the door from Utah, pretty well drained, but I had to at least give you a big cyber hug for entering onederland.
:hug:

Aint it fun getting healthy....:)

Aw... Unca Tim, you're a sweetie. :heart:
24KaratGold

Next

Return to The Weight Room