Bumped out of the #30 Club

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Bumped out of the #30 Club

Postby TamiL » June 20th, 2004, 2:17 pm

Hey Guys...
Well Im back...and yes, its sad to say that I have gained a few pounds back...I dont blame it on anything other than myself...I have been "off track" now for a while..and stuggling to get back on track...what I notice about myself during weight loss phases is that once I start to feel "normal" again..like not invisible to people...and I start "living" again...how fast I forget what I set out to DO in the beginning...I start to feel as if I am invinsible and can eat and live like a NORMAL person who does not have an eating problem!! I havent gained much back...6 or 7 pounds...but its not the direction in which I want to be going!! Its taken me so much longer to loose this weight than I anticipated...and that was discouraging to me a bit...so I started to cheat here and there...and IM LIVING PROOF that this program works only if you are FAITHFUL to it...and I have not been...so here is my confession and my new promise to myself:
I have been eating things I should not be...I have been putting others and everything else in my life FIRST than the most important thing..which is ME and what my GOALS and dreams are....
I promise to get myself back on track...starting 19 June 04...doing my shakes and lean/green meals....I am going to Italy with my family on October 5th and I really want to be at my goal weight then....
NO MORE lying to myself that I can do this without being 100 percent faithful!! I just got done reading some of my old POSTS from when I first started this...boy what a flash back...and what MOTIVATION that is all over again!! I started off so strong..and remained that way..then somewhere along the way..I got lost...but no crying over the time that I spent fooling myself...now is the time to just DO THIS...and not GIVE UP!!

so there is is folks.....TAMI is back...got an ass kicking from GUIEDO ...and IM ready to head to THINVILLE after an unexpected detour!! THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL!!!
;)
Unca Tim....you may put me back in the #20 pound club...but Ill be back into the #30 club in NO TIME!! ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Landylue » June 21st, 2004, 5:09 pm

Welcome Back, Tami!!!

Boy, have we forever missed you!

You'll be sailing back into that 30# Club in no time. I believe in you.

Always have. :hi5:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby susan » June 21st, 2004, 7:07 pm

Hey Tami, glad you;re back .but you are not the long ranger .I fell off the wagon also cheating don,t get you any where I found that out but I am back on again also and I will get to goal just a little set back why is it that when people tell you how good you look you start slaking off . I cheated but no more. we can do this together were not along.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kimay » June 21st, 2004, 8:36 pm

Hi Tami:
Everything you have written: Ditto, Ditto, Ditto....for me too. I have been off now for over a week and have not seemed to be able to get back on top of things. I refuse to even get on the scale I am so scared. My clothes still are okay fitting, the size 12's I made it into, so I guess that's okay. But I dunno what this fear thing is all about. Ya know, the one that comes around when we start lookin good. Now here I am, I am supposed to be meeting somebody for a date, someone who has never seen me before (except for a photo taken of me last year when I weighed about 138 and was a size 10!!). I have seen him. He is very nice looking. Tall and has a nice body. So...NOW WHAT???!!! I ask myself. I'm not necessarily overeating as much as I am eating things I really want to eat that I couldn't while fasting. I'm an all or nothing type of person, so I prefer the full fast, no shakes and then a lean and green for me. I have this nice big box of about $500 worth of MF pineapple-orange shakes just sitting here staring at me and me, well I'm staring back at it and wondering what the hell do I want to do. I'm so close. Only about 30 more pounds to go. Now, if I was like one of the guys and could lose a pound a day, there would be no question in my mind at all, my arse would be straight up drinking those things and in 30-40 days I'd be there right at my goal weight happy as a clam. It's not fair to only lose 2 pounds a week. I hate it. And for a while I started hating those shakes. But now, well, maybe now I am not hating them so much any more. Now I'm afraid I've messed up my metabolism too and I won't lose as much. I dunno.
Thank you everybody for letting me air out my dirty laundry. One thing I do have now that I didn't when I was MF'ing, is energy. Go figure. Now I feel like I can at least exercise. (Didn't while I was MF'ing. Too tired.)
Kimay
3/19/04
189/155?/130
kimay

Postby Landylue » June 23rd, 2004, 7:17 pm

Just checking up on you, Tami. How are you doing?

This road to Thinville sure has some major potholes along the way, doesn't it. I've crawled out of a couple of deep ones lately myself.

The trick is, sweetie, to keep crawlin' out.

Praying for you--for both of us--for all of us.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » June 24th, 2004, 5:12 am

Hi Landy..
Im doing okay...as you said..the trick is to keep crawling out!! I get a few steps ahead..only to stall a bit..then get my second wind and keep going!! need to keep the wind in my sails...and the fire burnin for this inside...I want nothing more than to be at my goal weight..and I WILL GET THERE..no matter how long it takes!! I decided to do the modified today...I have been going back and forth about what I should do..full fast or to eat one meal a day...and with the hair loss I have had...I think that I need to have a lean/green meal!! that has been the one and only downfall to this program for me..my hair loss, but Id rather loose some hair than be overweight the rest of my life!!

thanks for checking up on me!! Ill be poppin in and out...just so busy with work latley...everyone is on vacation!! and im an overtime hound! :)

hope you all are doing well.....keep shakin!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » June 24th, 2004, 7:44 am

Hi Tami..

I too have had a TON of hairloss and quite frankly, it concerns me to no end. Its gotten almost out of hand, to where I am wondering whether or not to see a Dietician to find out exactly what my body has been lacking while on medifast and so I can transition early or an MD to find out what exactly is wrong with me.

I too said I would rather lose a bit of hair than be fat but this is out of hand..I am losing handfuls of hair and it scares me. I am seeing my medifast days as truly numbered as a result of it.

Now thats not to say that I will not continue to try and lose weight, but I am wondering if MF is still the best place for me. I have gone from 220 to 165lbs so far and would like to lose another 30 pounds or so..but Ive pretty much convinced myself I can do it with a different means and keep my hair in the process.

Consider as well (for others reading this) that while being on medifast I have been under a Dr.'s care the whole time, have taken an additional vitamin/mineral supplement at his suggestion as well as B12/B6 injections weekly and have also taken Omega 3's. I have taken all the preventative measures in order to AVOID the hairloss and still have a ton of it..

Thanks for letting me rant..
-M. the concerned
:cry:

**Scratch that, I went and weighed in today and I am officially at 160lbs**
Marseilles
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room