30# Club

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

30# Club

Postby Diet Diva » February 11th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been terrible busy and haven't had much time to log in lately, but I'd love to share my good news...I'm in the 30 lb Club! I am still movin' and groovin' and loving Medifast.

Here's my update:

Start date 12/22/04
238/207/105

:D
Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

30 lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby cthrn007 » February 11th, 2005, 7:38 pm

:wave: That is wonderful - congratulations!!!!

That is my goal too so I will meet you at the 30 lb club soon!!!

~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 11th, 2005, 10:06 pm

Congrats Diet Diva --- WAY TO GO!!!! Those "hundreds" are just around the corner!

:cleader:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 11th, 2005, 10:09 pm

Woohoo! Congratulations!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LadyinVA » February 12th, 2005, 8:04 am

Congratulations!!

I also am celebrating today......I am FINALLY!! in the 20 pound club this morning. Much slower than some (I have so totally screwed up my metabolism), but it is slowly (okay, okay....still faster than any other program) but surely coming off!!
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 12th, 2005, 9:16 am

Shari and Diva-- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're both doing sooo well, and Shari, you're showing extraordinary strength for sticking to this and keeping a great attitude even though you're losing a bit slower than you'd like. But you *are* losing, and I'm so happy for you!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby smartiegrrl » February 12th, 2005, 10:59 am

w00t! Great Work! :D
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LadyinVA » February 12th, 2005, 11:01 am

Thanks Rae!

I seem to go for 8 or 9 days with nothing.....and then I will lose a few pounds in 2 or 3 days. It is getting easier now that I see it is a "pattern". Just when I think "okay, this is really frustrating and I'm just going to eat something" the scale will finally drop a few pounds and keep me motivated. I have gone down almost 2 sizes and that is really motivating. I had gotten up to an 18 (only one pair because I refused to buy anymore) and now my 16's are loose and the 14's fit, just too tight for me to wear comfortably. I've got a closet FULL of size 12 clothes. If I go smaller than that (which I am hoping to do) I will have to buy them! I haven't worn that size since before giving birth to my 4 children and my oldest is 16!

I must say that you really are showing extraordinary strength and determination for sticking it out so close to goal. I know that by now I would have made that weight my "goal" weight and said "the heck with it". Keep up the good work....and you are such a great motivator to everyone on this board.
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 12th, 2005, 8:48 pm

Thanks so much for your really nice post, Shari. Believe me, I've thought *many* times that I should just call it quits and say, "Close enough!" But the great people here on this board remind me, through their amazing feats of strength and willpower, that I should stick to it. I figure, no one may notice the difference between 125 and 127 if they look at me, but I would always remember and regret that I gave up on myself. So I want to see this through, because I've never been this thin in my life (I think I weighed more than 127 at birth! :shock:), and I need to know that I have the will to reach my goal, to do what I said I would do, to-- just for once-- refuse to listen to all the excuses I've made up over the years to eat more than I should. How can I trust myself to maintain a "thin" weight if I can't trust myself to get to goal without making excuses??? At least, these are the thoughts that go thru my head every day!

I definitely noticed a pattern to my weight loss, too. I would stay at or near the same weight for 6-8 days -- til I wanted to just throw in the towel. But-- I know what you mean about the sudden motivation-- it seemed that just in the nick of time, a few pounds would drop off, and I'd be reassured and re-motivated... Well, I suppose nothing that's easy is worth doing, right? It must be really terrific to be able to squeeze into the 14's again! And to think, soon all those 14's will have to be tossed! And then the 12's! I love the idea that we're getting into the best shape of our lives long after everybody else already had their crack at it. Maybe that sounds silly, but imagine how much *more* it'll mean to look like a movie star 16 years after having your first kid! I mean, *anybody* can look good at 16! We're gonna look good at 36, 46, 56, 66 ... ! They say youth is wasted on the young; well, I think *thin* is wasted on people who've never been fat! :mrgreen:

We'll get there! And when we do, look out!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 12th, 2005, 9:14 pm

raederle wrote:...How can I trust myself to maintain a "thin" weight if I can't trust myself to get to goal without making excuses??? ...They say youth is wasted on the young; well, I think *thin* is wasted on people who've never been fat!

raederle, thanks for the EXCELLENT points! :thumbup: :thumbup: (2 Thumbs Up!)

Could not agree more with either... Especially the last! Sheesh, is that ever the truth. ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby scrabbler7 » February 13th, 2005, 9:50 am

I think *thin* is wasted on people who've never been fat!

Jodi --- sooo sooo sooo true. I'm going to think of that every time I see a thin person chomping away on a cheese steak!
scrabbler7

Postby raederle » February 13th, 2005, 1:10 pm

Heh heh-- I know! Don't those skinny people realize how much we would give to be able to eat like bears without ever worrying about gaining flabbage??? What I wouldn't give to have that kind of metabolism!

Ah, well-- we will all certainly appreciate what we've got once we all get to goal and start maintaining, much more so than those thinnies! I can tell ya one thing-- after all this hard work, I ain't gonna let nuthin' sabotage my new thin bod: not even me! :mrgreen: So maybe I have to work harder at being thin, but it's certainly worth it, right? As LW says, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Return to The Weight Room