Broth limits???

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Broth limits???

Postby Whodini64 » March 30th, 2004, 10:23 am

Help! I am on day 5... and have been keeping the "hungries" away by drinking a cup of broth between shakes. The "Success In A Shaker Jar" book says they are unlimited, as long as there are no more than 4 cals. per 8 oz. serving. But I just read on the boards that I can only have 2 cups a day!!! Oh, Oh!!! I have not stepped on the scale since starting Friday... and I had my Hubby HIDE the scales till weigh in day, so I have no idea if the extra broth has messed me up. :question:

Can anyone tell me which is correct... and why?

Thank You!!!

Danee
Start date: March 26, 2004

187/180/135
Whodini64

Postby pinkgeek » March 30th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Danee:

I'm a newbie myself and I was sure I read somewhere that you can have 2c of bouillon a day. I have been having no more than that myself. I was going to be super interested if it was more than that, but I'm having a potty problem with the bouillon as of yesterday and today, so I'm going to skip it tomorrow. Hope someone has the right answer, though. How are you doing otherwise? Weren't you having some problems with a reaction to the products?
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » March 30th, 2004, 6:21 pm

Hi, Pinky ~
Generally in the first few days or weeks that bouillon is really helpful and if you have several cups of it a day, you'll not do yourself any harm. You are right that we want to limit drinks to no more than four calories per 8 ounce serving. Instant broth or bouillon should be fine for you. Sometimes it is what we need to get through those first days/weeks and get outta the "Hongries" stage! Don't worry about that scale. I had a customer admit she was having several bars a day plus shakes, soups, oatmeals, etc. She STILL lost! You'll make it, Friend!

Postby Whodini64 » March 31st, 2004, 9:10 am

Angela & Guest... thanks for the replies!

I wonder why the discrepancy in the amounts you are able to have. Maybe it was originally unlimited... but was found to be too much sodium in large quantities.

I haven't seemed to have any "potty problems", but will cut back to the 2 cups a day, or maybe 3 if I don't eat the pickle???

Anyway, otherwise, I am doing great! It must have been someone else who was having the reaction to products... so far, I have been fine. I even had the chili the other night, and didn't get "winded" like Mike!!!

My next challenge will be a big BBQ with friends that we have been invited to this Sunday... I was thinking I would have a shake before we go, and have a bar and a diet Pepsi while everyone else is eating. Then I was told there would be chicken breasts that are cooked with some kind of "rubbed spices" on them... so I offered to bring a green salad and dressings, along with the diet pop. Viola! I can eat with them!

Since being fat, I like to blend in... not call attention to myself. Maybe as I see progress, (and people start asking what I am doing) I will be more comfortable and start to enjoy all the positive attention. :yippee:

Today (day 6) I feel like I am really getting the hang of this program. Drinking the water hasn't been a problem, as I work at home and the potty is just around the corner! I have spices and sugar-free syrups to jazz up the flavors of things... as of yet, I haven't found any of the supplements un-edible/drinkable. Yesterday I tried the vanilla supp blended w/ice and diet rootbeer. Yum!

Ok... I will stop my rambling! Just because my new goal for the day is to write and actually send posts, instead of deleting them cuz I think they make no sense :nutz: ... is not a license to ramble!

~Danee~
Start date: March 26, 2004

187/180/135
Whodini64

Postby Nancy » April 1st, 2004, 7:50 am

Sorry, I didn't intend to appear as a "Guest" - we may have two servings of the Fast Soups per day as a 'bonus' or snack item - NOT to replace a regular soup or shake and yes, initially, bouillon was unlimited. It does have a fairly high sodium content and many folks who come to us in need of Medifast have high blood pressure and other medical conditions that would warrant a lower sodium intake. Thus, we typically say to limit broth and/or bouillon to two servings a day. Some folks can certainly get away with more than that. Our bodies are all different sizes and we assimilate foods in different ways. For optimal health and weight loss success, the studies and twenty three years of experience indicate two servings of broth or bouillon per day is the best way to go.

Hope you all have a mighty good day - summer is coming! Shorts and bathing suits are appearing in the stores - will you appear in them this summer? It could be the FIRST time in many years! Don't let the cheesecake or the cheeseburgers win! :shock:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss