Broccoli soup crackers???

Add your favorite recipes.

Broccoli soup crackers???

Postby aquarianskye » February 20th, 2007, 5:30 am

Can someone help me please? I was reading through the recipes and I saw where someone said there was a recipe out there to make crackers out of the broccoli soup. Of course I can't find it anywhere. I have been back through all 13+ pages of recipes.

I can't stomach the soup and love the thought of crackers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Skye
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mike » February 20th, 2007, 10:39 am

petladyinRI
I thought it was totally irredeemable, until someone posted a recipe on one of the boards for cream of broccoli crackers!! I figured it was worth a try, because I didn't care if I wasted the soup. I like them so well, I am now actively looking for Cream of Brocc. soup!!

Skye, perhaps you could PM petlady and see if she knows where the recipe is. I tried searching and this is the best I found.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby electra000 » February 20th, 2007, 11:27 am

Here it is:

1 PKG CREME OF BROCCOLI SOUP MIX
1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
SPRINKLE OF BASIL

MIX TOGETHER

ADD WATER SLOWLY, USE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT A PANCAKE SUBSTANCE. DROP BY TEASPOON ON A BAKING PAN SPRAYED WITH OLIVE OIL PAM. BAKE AT 375 FOR 6 MINUTES, FLIP OVER AND BAKE FOR ANOTHER 6 MINUTES UNTIL BOTH SIDES ARE BROWNED AND CRUNCHY.

YOU CAN ALSO USE THE CREME OF CHICKEN SOUP FOR A CHICKEN FLAVORED CRACKER, OR THE TOMATO SOUP WITH A LITTLE GARLIC POWDER AND SPRINKLE OF ONION FLAKES FOR A DIFFERENT TASTE. :bib:
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Mike » February 20th, 2007, 6:37 pm

Thanks for finding it. Where in the world was it?
I may try this and see if its something I would do in lieu of the soup. Kinda like the idea of the mini muffins or the pancakes using the oatmeal.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby j0j0ruca » February 20th, 2007, 7:01 pm

I'm so going to try this. I like to eat my bar during class since its easy enough to pull out an nibble on. This would be another option.

I tried making the mini muffins this past week. My roommate said they looked like little "tumors". :|
Start date: 2-05-07

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » February 20th, 2007, 7:07 pm

j0j0ruca wrote:I tried making the mini muffins this past week. My roommate said they looked like little "tumors". :|

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Jojo, I have found that although I enjoy the muffins, the recipe actually does a little better when you make them cookie style so that you actually end up with little pancake style cookies.
I put them in ziplocks and have them later.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby bikipatra » February 21st, 2007, 5:16 am

j0j0ruca wrote:I'm so going to try this. I like to eat my bar during class since its easy enough to pull out an nibble on. This would be another option.

I tried making the mini muffins this past week. My roommate said they looked like little "tumors". :|

Don't you love supportive friends? I went out to lunch with my friend Merrick and I brought along an shake and she said "EWW! Don't let me smell it!" FREAKS!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 21st, 2007, 7:05 am

bikipatra wrote: Don't you love supportive friends? I went out to lunch with my friend Merrick and I brought along an shake and she said "EWW! Don't let me smell it!" FREAKS!

OMG!!!! As grumpy as I am today...if a friend of mine said that to me...well...I dunno what consequences she would suffer!!!! Grrrrrr!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby GucciGoo » February 21st, 2007, 7:08 am

Yeah, someone at work complained that my MF Cappuccino smelled yucky.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 21st, 2007, 7:44 am

My husband hates the look and smell of my oatmeal, but I just remind him that the oatmeal helped to get him a new wife!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby j0j0ruca » February 21st, 2007, 8:22 am

bikipatra wrote:
j0j0ruca wrote:I'm so going to try this. I like to eat my bar during class since its easy enough to pull out an nibble on. This would be another option.

Don't you love supportive friends? I went out to lunch with my friend Merrick and I brought along an shake and she said "EWW! Don't let me smell it!" FREAKS!

On the other hand he thought the chili smelled really good. He had to stop and ask me what it was I was making.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca

Postby DogMa » February 21st, 2007, 9:35 am

Wow. People at work are always asking what smells so good when I have the oatmeal. Or the cocoa, once I add hazelnut syrup.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » February 21st, 2007, 2:12 pm

When my 5th period students come in after I have made the chili, they always ask what smells so good. :eat: Sometimes they ask who had the baked potato :scratch: I couldn't figure out what they were talking about :roll: Then one day I left the room and came back and I smelled it too. It smelled like baked potato. :mrgreen:

I attempted the Creamy Tomato crackers last night and it was a total flop. Is there a trick I am unaware of? :aarggh: :idontknow:

I made the oatmeal cookies today and since they come out more like pancakes, I used one snack as SF maple syrup. Yummy. :eat: :kool:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby j0j0ruca » February 21st, 2007, 2:54 pm

Mike wrote:
I attempted the Creamy Tomato crackers last night and it was a total flop. Is there a trick I am unaware of? :aarggh: :idontknow:

I made the cream of broccoli crackers last night. My roommate thinks I have officially lost it with the tumor muffins and now homemade crackers. One side came out rather crisp. The looked like potato chips. I think I just don't like the taste/smell of the creamy broccoli soup - now if there was a hunka hunka cheese in it ... :-P

j0j0ruca

Soup Crackers

Postby pinkbugs471 » February 21st, 2007, 3:01 pm

Hi all... back from vacation. I have the cracker recipe. Not sure where I found it.

1pkt soup
1/4 c. water
1/4 t. baking soda
1T. oats

mix together, let stand for a few minutes till thick. spray baking sheet with pam. spoon mix on the sheet in cracker size blobs (about 8-9)
bake @ 250 for 25 minutes, flip and bake till crispy.... watch them carefuly or they will burn.

I have made broccoli, and chicken. Not tried the tomato, because I like that soup.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine