Blury eyes...dizzy, will I have slushy chili????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Blury eyes...dizzy, will I have slushy chili????

Postby TamiL » February 5th, 2004, 5:27 pm

Hello All
well..im on Day #3 and for some reason..while I was on my 20th trip to tinkle in the bathroom..I rememberd I had some Ketosis strips in my cabinet above..so I got them..ran one under my urine..and NOTHING...didnt change at all. When I did atkins and ate only 20 grams of carbs a day...they turned dark purple in about 3-4 days.
I know not to get discouraged..but Im just a tad worried now that maybe this isnt going to work cuz I had let my body get so used to eating NO SUGAR AT ALL and very low carbs. I know the sticks wont always turn...but I guess I was thinking it would turn just a tad!! :(

My eyes are blury..and IM still dizzy..feeling weak and just blahhhh...
nothing is filling me up today for some reason..just hunger pangs all day. I got one more shake to go for a snack later..then its back to work tommorrow..and its going to storm here..so Im nervous about feeling like this tommorrow while IM at work!! I hope Ill start to get that energy rush tommorrow..or the next day!!

one more question..maybe you guys can anwser for me...I made some Chili for tommorrow..do you think it will keep untill lunchtime tommorrow? I may not have time to cook it..but if I have it made ..Ill always have time to heat it up and gulp it down!! has anyone ever had the chili or soup and left it for the next day?????

thanks for being here all of you...not sure If I could do this without this forum!!
you guys ROCK ;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 5th, 2004, 5:34 pm

Hi TamiL,

The blah feeling you are having is normal and will pass somewhat. This is also a mental game you being challenged with. Tomorrow, you may feel 100% better. You will probably do better being back at work tomorrow, the time will go by faster and you want have time to think about food.

RE: Ketostix, they do loose there ability the more they are opened and also the older they are. I think you are supposed to use them within 3months of breaking the seal.

Put 3rd day (or something like that) and search out all the post complaining about the 3rd day. It happens to all of us, sometimes day 3-6.

Hang in there and keep posting. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 6th, 2004, 7:10 am

Tami,

Sometimes those stick wont work with this diet, because we are in a low level of ketosis unlike Atkins. The best time to try is first thing in the morning. This plan is more about the balance than low-carb. Hope this helps you.

Please don't get discouraged. I lost 8 pounds my first week and then nothing for about 9 days and now I'm down 6 pounds in 3 days, so the scale will move, trust the process.

Hope your feeling better today.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » February 6th, 2004, 10:37 am

Hi TamiL--

You are doing such a great job! It will get better. I promise. I spend a lot of time reading the posts on this forum and you have become a favorite contributer for me - I see your name and gives me a feeling of connection ---- all the people that are here - we are all talking and getting better... one shake at a time, one post at a time, one day at a time.

Hang in there sweetie - I'm at the end of week 2 and it does get better.

Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 6th, 2004, 1:03 pm

Tami,

When I did atkins and ate only 20 grams of carbs a day...they turned dark purple in about 3-4 days.

This has nothing to do with Atkins. It's been clinically designed and is balanced so you don't have to worry about what is happening. Many people don't see any movement on the keto-stixs at all. My advice it to throw them in the garbage, follow the plan, don't second guess it, and let it work as designed.

I know not to get discouraged..but Im just a tad worried now that maybe this isnt going to work cuz I had let my body get so used to eating NO SUGAR AT ALL and very low carbs.

Again, don't second guess the program. It's been designed and improved for over 20 years by some very smart people. It's clinically proven by Johns Hopkins U and used in their weight management program for over 8 years. The only way it wont work, is if you don't follow it.

Search the forum on keto-stix and day 3-5. You'll find all the answers there.
Hang in there. It only gets easier....:)

Keep shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

thanks

Postby TamiL » February 7th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Thanks guys...for the replies!!
I threw out my Ketosis sticks...and my fears of doubt!! :-P

day 5 is upon me..and Im realizing now how much I miss food for only a few reasons...one being that I cant STUFF my feelings down anymore!! now there is nothing to shovel into my mouth while sitting in front of the TV while I try NOT to think things!! I now realize that I spent my day in between my shifts..my down time day..reflecting on and going over things that bothered me at work..or maybe things I felt I should have done better..or did do...It was alot easier to think about when I had a spoon shoveling in junk..and making it go away!!

but today...on my down time..Im here..reading all your posts..having a healthy shake..and thinking back on my day yesterday...and although its a little harder...I know its healthier...and perhaps I will go into work tommorrow with a clearer head..because I was MADE to think about things..and get them into perspective!! instead of stuffing them..and feeling like I have a food hangover!! GOD I DONT MISS THAT!!!

IM greatful to have found this forum...to have you all to type to and know that you are out here shakin with me... ;) thanks guys!
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss