BEST FRIENDS B-DAY PARTY

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

BEST FRIENDS B-DAY PARTY

Postby NikkiNix » May 26th, 2004, 11:42 pm

HELLO ALL,

I JUST WANTED TO SAY I HAD FALLEN OFF THE WAGON A WHILE BACK AND I HAVE BEEN FAITHFULLY BACK ON SO MY DILEMIA IS........MY BEST FRIENDS B-DAY IS COMING UP MAY 30 MEMORIAL WEEKEND AND WE HAVE PLANED ON GOING OUT SINCE BEFORE MF. I FEEL OBLIGATED TO GO BUT IF I GO I KNOW THEY WILL WANT ME TO THROUGH BACK SOME SUDS :pour: AND IF I DRINK I KNOW THAT WILL LEAD ME TO EATING. IF I DON'T GO THE GROUP OF PEOPLE I PROMISED TO GO OUT WITH WILL BE GREATLY DISSAPOINTED :( SO SHOULD I CANCEL AND SAY I COULDN'T GET MY BABYSITTER TO WATCH MY GIRLS OR SHOULD I GO AND SIP ON ONE ULTRA LITE ALL NIGHT AND SAVE MY LEAN GREEN FOR AFTER THE BAR :?: :?: I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT LIKES TO HAVE A COUPLE OF BEERS NOW AND AGAIN SO IF ANYONE CAN GIVE SOME ADVICE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT :thumbsup: I AM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT HATES TO BRAKE PROMISSES :!: MY WORD IS MY WORD. ALSO FOR PEOPLE SAYING WHY DON'T I OFFER TO BE DESIGNATED DRIVER THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN BUT IF YOU KNEW THE BOSSERS I WENT OUT WITH I THINK YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT WOULD BE FOR THEM NOT TO BUY ME B-DAY SHOTS AND SAY IT'S JUST A BEER OR JUST 1 SHOT. MAYBE I SHOULD JUST STAY AWAY :? MY FRIENDS AREN'T ALCOHOLICS BUT THEY DO LIKE TO CELEBRATE FOR BIRTHDAYS.

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE
NIKKINIX
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: BEST FRIENDS B-DAY PARTY

Postby RavenKat » May 27th, 2004, 4:27 am

NikkiNix wrote: I AM THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT HATES TO BRAKE PROMISSES :!: MY WORD IS MY WORD.

Then, keep the promise to yourself, Nikki. :rose:

This decision is up to you. Your friend will survive if you don't go, as will you. If he/she is your best friend he/she wouldn't want you to sabotage your efforts just to party for one day. Their birthday will come again.

I, too, have a birthday party looming over my head. I have already talked to my friend and told her that I couldn't make it to the party but that I wanted to get together with her for a private get-together. I used the excuse that my husband is a recovering alcoholic and shouldn't be going to any kind of crazy party. (This is true but Nelson is fine with parties and has no problem - unlike me around food) Why not avoid the party and go to the movies with her(him) on another day? Corny but safe.

Hang in there Lady,
Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Echo » May 27th, 2004, 9:00 am

Kat is right, the promise you made to yourself is the most important. That doesn't mean you cant celebrate with your friends, hopefully they would respect your wishes and not harass you into drinking or eating something you don't want to. Have a plan, drink diet ginger-ale or cola, I would eat before you went out so you aren't hungry when the buffalo wings hit the table. Maybe save your salad to have while you are out. And, if you need to you could leave early, your friend will be happy having you to celebrate her birthday with her, and you will be happy sticking to your plan.

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

THANKS

Postby NikkiNix » May 27th, 2004, 10:49 pm

THANKS RAVENCAT AND ECHO,

I KNOW YOU GIRLS ARE SO RIGHT AND I HAVE DECIEDED THAT I KNOW MYSELF PRETTY WELL , IF I GO I'M JUST SABOTAGING MYSELF :!: SO I HAVE DECIEDED TO MAKE IT UP TO HER NEXT YEAR. I DON'T THINK I WILL TELL HER THE REASON I'M NOT GOING IS BECAUSE OF MY DIET CAUSE SHE IS ALSO A HEAVY GIRL AND WE BOTH HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THE BATTLE OF THE BLUBBER FOR YEARS, SO IF I TELL HER IT'S THAT REASON SHE'LL SAY YOU ALREADY MESSED UP SO WHY NOT LET IT SLIDE. ANYWHO THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I WILL HAVE TO LET YOU LADIES KNOW HOW IT GOES. I WILL BE SENDING UNCA A PIC OF MYSELF SO NEXT WEEK MAYBE YA CAN SEE MY MUG 8) AND KNOW WHO YOUR GIVING ALL THIS GOOD ADVICE TO. I ALSO WANTED TO TELL ECHO , ON A PERSONAL NOTE, I READ YOUR RESPONSE ABOUT YOUR DR. SAYING YOU WERE AS HEAVY NOW THAN WHEN YOU WERE PREGNANT. I TO HAD A BAD EXPERIANCE WITH MY DR. WHEN I WAS PREGNANT. SHE ACTUALLY SAID THAT NO GROWN ADULT SHOULD DRINK 2% MILK BECAUSE IT WAS TO FATTY AND I HAD TO MUCH PADDING SHE PROBABLY WASN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THE BABY'S HEART BEAT ANYWAY, AND THEN ASKED ME IF I DRANK ELEPHANT MILK :oops: NEEDLESS TO SAY I REPORTED HER AND GOT A NEW FABULOUS DR. BUT THEN AGAIN THATS KAISER FOR YA :x TRUE STORY IT WAS OVER A YEAR AGO BUT YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF IT WHEN YOU WROTE A REPLY. TO TELL YA THE TRUTH I AM HEAVIER THAN I WAS AT NINE MONTHS PREGNANT WHEN I STARTED MF BUT THANKS TO THE SUPPORT OF THIS FORUM I ACTUALY HAVE LOST CLOSE TO 30LBS IN 2 MONTHS EVEN WITH FALLING OFF THE WAGON.

THANKS AGAIN LADIES
NIKKINIX
NikkiNix

Postby RavenKat » May 28th, 2004, 5:06 am

You are more than welcome and congrats on your strength to say No.

I cannot believe what you're doctor said to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People can really make me sick. You did right to report her.

Looking forward to "seeing" you. :-)

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby star85 » May 28th, 2004, 7:16 am

NikkiNix,
I too weigh more now than I did at 9 months pregnant with my twin boys. When I read your post I can relate. I also can't weight to be 30 lbs. lighter like you are now. 30 lbs. in 2 months! That is awsome! Reading that gives me hope to keep on keep'in on! Congratulations on your weight loss success so far. I've just returned to the forum a few days ago after taking a brief "hiatus". Keep up the great work.........Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Echo » May 28th, 2004, 7:33 am

Maybe it's that misery likes company, but I'm glad I'm not the only person who gained so much that I got heavier than I was at 9months pregnant. I'm so glad I have you guys to go through this with! We are gonna be some HOT mama's when we are done!

Echo
Echo

Postby LadyChamp » May 29th, 2004, 11:59 am

Sorry, but I just had to reply.

When I got pregnant I weighed 129 pounds and I thought I was "fat."
:dooh: I then gained a [size=18]tremendous [/size]amount of weight with my pregnancy. Well, the doctor said it was fluid and it would go away. Well.... it was fat and believe me, it held on for dear life and it did not go away. In fact, it (the FAT) invited all its relatives and friends (and a few enemies) to come along with it and move in for life. So, here I am 24 years later weighing 300 PLUS pounds NOT the approximately 200 I weighed at 9 months pregnant, or less. :oops:

Yes, I have weighed less than I am now since that time, but I have allowed myself to keep putting on the weight. Overall, I am healthy (other than having severe migraines). My BP is generally in the 120 / 80 ish range. I tend to blame my weight on my migraines and my depression. Who feels like doing anything "good" when your head hurts so badly you just want to die. You want comfort food during those times (at least I do, even with the extreme nausea). So, I sleep and then eat "bad" foods, or eat and then take a nap.

Getting this heavy did not happen overnight. It is not going to go away overnight I know. However, MF is a wonderful product / program that allows me to lose the weight relatively quickly even tho I have a tremendous amount to lose. :D

Too bad I didn't think about doing this last year!!! I have my 30th High School Reunion coming up at the end of July and there is no way I will be small enough by then :x (I probably weighed like 118 in high school.) Oh well! :oops:

GL to everyone out there. I know YOU can do it!!! :thumbup:

LadyChamp
338/313.5/138-125
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Echo » May 29th, 2004, 4:01 pm

Lady, you will definitely be well on your way at your reunion. Enough that Champ is gonna have to buy you something new to wear. I think it's time for me to add exercise (more than just walking my dog) I'm due for my weigh in tomorrow and have only lost a pound this week. I'm not complaining though, a pound is a pound.
Echo

HI ALL

Postby NikkiNix » May 29th, 2004, 5:44 pm

HEY LADIES,

IT'S FUNNY I WAS JUST POURING MY HEART OUT SAYING HOW CRAZY IT WAS THAT LADYCHAMP AND MY STATS WERE ALMOST IDENTICAL WHEN MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND I LOST EVERYTHING I WAS SAYING :x . ANYWAY I WAS RAMBLING ON ABOUT HAVING MY 10 YEAR REUNION AND NOT GOING AND BEING 2LBS FROM MY 30 LB GOAL. I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING IT UNDER THAT 300 LB, HOLY CRAP HOW HAVE I EVER GOTTEN TO BE LIKE THIS, GOAL WITH MISS LADYCHAMP ;) WHEN YOU WORK AT A HOSPITAL IT'S HARD TO TELL A PATIENT THEY CAN'T HAVE SOMTHING TO EAT WHEN IT'S OVIOUS I MYSELF HAVE EATEN EVERTHING IN THE FRIDGE AT ONE POINT. IT'S JUST ANOTHER REASON I'VE BEEN AFRAID TO POST MY STATS BECAUSE IF ONE OF THE GIRLS AT WORK READ THIS ALL MY BUDDIES WOULD KNOW HOW MUCH I REALLY WEIGH :shock: I KNOW IT'S A STUPID AND INSECURE THING TO BE AFRAID OF BUT I'M TRING TO DEAL WITH ONE INSECURITY AT A TIME, SO AFTER I LOSE ALOT MORE WEIGHT I WILL POST IT MORE CLEARLY. LIKE ECHO SAYS WE WILL BE HOTTIES AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS IN THE FUTURE. I SENT UNCA MY PICTURE YESTERDAY SO MAYBE BY MON OR TUESDAY HE WILL HAVE IT UP. IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IN MY PICTURES I'M WEARING ALOT OF MAKEUP BUT IT'S JUST TO DRAW ATTENTION AWAY FROM THE BODY :!:
NikkiNix

Postby NikkiNix » May 29th, 2004, 5:48 pm

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT :!:

I THOUGHT MY COMPUTER WAS GONNA CRASH AGAIN SO I DIDN'T GET TO SAY IT'S SO NICE TO BE IN SUCH GREAT COMPANY. :goteam: YOU GIRLS ROCK :kool:

NIKKINIX
NikkiNix

Return to Come on in.