Before Medifast Meal Poll

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

How many meals per day?

13%
42%
17%
17%
13%

Total votes : 24

Before Medifast Meal Poll

Postby Unca_Tim » December 18th, 2004, 4:55 pm

How many meals per day did you eat before finding Medifast?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Re: Before Medifast Meal Poll

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 18th, 2004, 5:36 pm

Unca_Tim wrote:How many meals per day did you eat before finding Medifast?

Usually a big unhealthy "breakfast" of a McDonald's Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddle and large coffee with cream and sugar, or a Dunkin' Donuts latte and donut (or breakfast sandwich.) Sometimes I'd toss in a croissant or biscuit with butter too. You know, any load of junk I could pick up on my way to work. I certainly wasn't getting up early to make a real breakfast because I was usually too exhausted from my dinner the night before. Normally, it was a struggle to get my sorry butt out of bed.

No lunch... got really hungry after my big carbo intake though towards 4 pm... then came home to lay waste to 3,000+ calories of pizza or cheesesticks with sauce, or more McDonald's or Indian food, plus a bottle of wine.

Total: 2 meals (but about 7 days worth of Medifast full fast calories!)

To say that the daily 5-6 Medifast meals, eaten on a strict schedule, is a huge health-affirming change for me would be a gross understatement! :mrgreen:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » December 20th, 2004, 6:17 am

I think a lot of my overeating was from all the junk I grazed on between meals. It seems like I was always snacking on something. I didn't do well with the meals either - lots of fried food, cream sauces, etc. But the gazillion pounds of chocolate I ate can't have helped! It's scary to think about the volume of food I used to eat.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RavenKat » December 20th, 2004, 7:00 am

No real meals. Whenever I got the urge, I ate. Lunch time usually meant a meal-like substance because people at work ate regular meals. Nothing with fruit or vegetables. Whatever made me "happy". 2 bicuits and peanut butter? Fine. Cookies for dinner? That'll work. Feel like crud day after day? You betcha!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » December 20th, 2004, 8:31 am

I usually stuck to three meals, probably because I like schedules and have small children and felt it was important to keep them on one.
My problem was in the portions. When cleaning up from dinner, if there was a cup of scalloped potatoes left, I'd eat them. Ditto an ear of corn, half a porkchop--just whatever. I don't like to waste food and putting it in the fridge for the next day seemed like too much trouble! LOL

Oh well, I'm on the right track now!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » December 20th, 2004, 5:43 pm

My problem was not in eating three meals BUT all the snacking in between and especially after dinner!
It was nothing for me to consume a WHOLE box of Little Debbie's in one night! After all they were only $.99 a box and I thought that was a good deal!!!!!!!!! I WAS INSANE :lol:
My meal portions were huge as well,so all the way around I have revamped and refined my eating patterns.
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 15th, 2005, 11:13 am

Unca??

Is this pole for real ????

I sure didn't get this fat eating proper meals!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ate whatever whenever! If I felt like it, I would have Gummy Coca-Cola bottles and White Coconut Chocolate for lunch! Breakfast could be an apple , a bagel or Potato Chips with a soda. The only meal I ever took seriously was dinner. Anything from lavish salads to Pizza! And a round or two of martini to wash the whole thing down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy!!!!!!! Maybe you posted this to remind me of why I got here in the first place!!!! :(

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby raederle » February 15th, 2005, 12:10 pm

I actually ate like a health nut-- small bowl of hi-fiber, hi-protein cereal w/ half cup skim at 7; non-fat plain yogurt at 10; turkey sub from subway for lunch with a diet pepsi at 1; low-carb protein food bar at 4; low-fat dinner of grilled meat & veggies & some pasta at 6; low-fat frozen fruit bar at 9. I went to the gym for an hour a day and blasted 600 cals on the elliptical and treadmill.

Ahhh, but on the weekends...! I've since learned that the best way to never lose weight is to assume that being good during the week will make up for all evils on the weekend. Nuthin' can make up for half a plate of nachos, half a pizza, 10 beers, a stack of pancakes with butter and syrup.... :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bk » February 15th, 2005, 6:51 pm

1 big meal a day, at night! bad bad bad. i think the frequency of MF is setting me up for the right way to care for my metabolism!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss