Baked Ziti

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Baked Ziti

Postby kmr » September 20th, 2006, 6:33 am

Husband's birthday today. I 'm married to an "Italian Stallion", who absolutely LOVES my Italian cooking. My two little "baby Pisans" also LOVE my Italian cooking. They want me to make my homemade baked ziti
from scratch with all the fixins garlic cheese bread etc. for the birthday dinner like I always do. Well the problem is....I like my cooking too! It is too tempting to cook all that good food after I've worked so hard to get to this point. I've decided to order from the Italian restaurant near our house and bring that home for dinner for my men, while I have my M.F. My husband is so picky when it comes to sauce. He likes mine that I make from scratch, but he'll have to live without it this year. Saves me ALOT of time in the kitchen too! Next year when I'm slender and sexy again I'll give him a birthday present that will be worth the wait! (hee hee hee) Well I'm off to pick up the birthday cake. Don't worry, I'll be good tonight. I don't like birthday cake so no temptation there. I'm a pie and pastry kinda girl!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » September 20th, 2006, 8:17 am

kmr,

Last year on Thanksgiving, I had been on MF for just a little over a month. I wanted to stay on program, but also cook "the meal" for my family. I know how you feel.....Thanksgiving is my very favorit meal of the year! I did it, though. I made the whole dinner, including the stuffing and the pumpkin pies (from scratch!) without one bite or taste test. My hubby was a little put out because I had to take him from his football to be my taste tester.

This year, I think I"ll be on maintenance by then and will be able to at least taste the stuffing and pie......makes it all worth it!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 20th, 2006, 8:34 am

I love Italian food and being from Brooklyn, that is my specialty.

I have to make Rosh Hashanah dinner this weekend. Everyone wants a nice juicy brisket- and I said noooooooo!!! So I am making turkey and then having sides of veggies and potatoes (for them). I am too close to the 140's to cheat for even one meal.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alohacate » September 20th, 2006, 10:44 am

Great strategy! Way to stay on course :D
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kmr » September 20th, 2006, 11:04 am

Jo- I'm going to do the same thing on Thanksgiving because we always have the whole family at our house every year for the major holidays. Turkey will be easier because I can have that, plus I can have a vegetable and salad with everyone else. I think it will also be easier for me because by then I will have been on the plan for a while. I think I will make some mashed cauliflower too! I give you alot of credit being that you had to cook Thanksgiving dinner when you just started M.F.! There will always be temptation no matter if it's a holiday or not though.

BeachBaby- My husband and his whole family are from Brooklyn (Bay Ridge). We still visit my children's great grand parents there for Sunday dinners ( homemade pasta, sauce, meatballs, etc). Their great grandmother still lives in the same house that she lived in as a little girl after she came over from Italy and boy can she cook! Years ago I lived in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn too. I love family traditions and holidays, but I'll be avoiding the pasta dinners for a while!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby tlo » September 20th, 2006, 2:29 pm

KMR, stay strong it will be fine. I know exactly what you are going through though. My BF of 3 years (love of my life) a railroad guy, and is always gone out on the road in and out of town eating gross food, and lots of fast food. So when he comes home he loves me to cook all his favorite foods, and loves my cooking by the way. So he always begs me to make lasagna, or some soul food, meat loaf and maccaroni and cheese is his fav. But now that I am on this diet it is so hard for me to cook for him with out eathing with him. So now he's like, why don't you cook and I hate to tell him no, but I have to becasue I know if I cook I will probably cheat. I haven't lost enough to where I trust myself enough to cook like that and not even taste!!! So for now he will have to eat out, or we'll have to go to his favorite restaurants until I reach maitinence.

So don't feel bad, birthdays come and go, but he will love it when you are healthier, feeling good about yourself, and he gets to walk around with a smokin hot wifey!!!!! :stroll:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby kmr » September 21st, 2006, 6:03 am

Thanks Tio......you are so right!

Well..the birthday party went off without a hitch. I did fine. I saved my L&G for dinner. While everyone ate their food, I made a delicious grilled chicken salad and drank my diet A&W rootbeer. When I put my salad down on the dinningroom table my sons both said,"WOW mommy, that looks good. I want that!" I marinaded my chicken breast earlier in the day with 2 T of Walden Farms bar-B-Q sauce and some spices. I topped my salad off with 2T of Walden Farms Creamy Bacon dressing. I have one of those griddles where you can just put it ontop of the stove over 2 of the burners. One side is smooth for like pancakes or something and the other side is a grill. It's convienient for when the chilly weather comes or you don't feel like firing up a whole grill outside for a couple of chicken breasts. I was running around all day yesterday....errands, shopping, kids dental appt. ect. so I filled my cooler with an ice pack and RTD's and had them through out the day. When it came time for cake and coffee. I was ready. I made one of my M.F. big oatmeal cookies and sat with everyone else at the table and had my cookie and coffee. Everytime I bake the cookies my sons say, "that smells so good can you make us some of those cookies?" I love spices and keep every kind imaginable in my spice cabinet. I also went out and bought all of my favorite extracts. So depending on what flavor I'm craving, that's what I make. Last night instead of butter rum cake I made a butter rum cookie. I put one pkt. of M.F. oatmeal, some Splenda, butter rum extract, baking powder, a little water, mix, then spray a little Mazola "Pure" on the cookie sheet, bake at 375 until it gets golden and krispie on the outside and eat! This satisfies my chewing sensation and when I crave a second bar which I know is off limits. I also like making pumpkinspice cookies (yum). Thanks everyone for your support and keep shakin!!
kmr
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.