An AWESOME revelation - For ALL!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

An AWESOME revelation - For ALL!

Postby Triskets » February 10th, 2005, 5:46 pm

Hi Everyone -

As I was watching another diet ad on TV today, the most awesome thought came to me - once we are done getting rid of our excess tonage and are maintaining our preferred weight,
WE WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER NEVER HAVE TO GO ON A DIET EVER AGAIN!
:cleader: :buddies: :toast: :kool: :eat: :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

How cool is that!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 10th, 2005, 7:36 pm

That is *so* true. When I was lounging in the fiber pill aisle at CVS the other day, I noticed they keep the "diet aids" right nearby. (I guess if one doesn't work, the other is supposed to...?) I saw a bottle of that godawful "Hollywood Diet" juice concentrate-- the one you're supposed to apparently drink, with nothing else but water, for three days, after which you turn into a movie star. I saw rows and rows of low-carb bars and shakes that had replaced all the sugars with glycerine and saturated fat and tasted like sawdust. I saw cartons of diet pills, "fat-blockers," and "carb-blockers" that do nothing but jack up your heart rate and give you the shakes. Sadly, I had tried at least 80% of the crap in that aisle and it had all left me feeling like crap when the weight was still there but my money and self-esteem were gone.

That day in CVS I thanked my lucky stars that I had found MF, because I knew I'd found something that *worked,* that made me feel good, and that was teaching me that I *can* control my food binges when I stick to a healthy, consistent way of eating and ask for support instead of cookies when I feel weak. I picked up my fiber pills, snubbed my nose at the bottles of Fat-B-Gone that would eventually make some other person feel like crap, and left smilin'. I had broken free of the cycle. I had left desperation behind. I would never feel hopeless again. I hope the other people browsing that aisle find MF some day.

Triskets, I am WITH ya, sister! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Triskets » February 11th, 2005, 10:29 am

raederle -

What you said is SOOOO true! The companies who peddle those pills are making tons of money off people like us and where did it get us? Nowheresville that's where! Like you said, it just hurt our already shaky self-esteem. I was on Metabolife a few years ago and lost 50 pounds (45 of which I regained) that was before all the fuss about ephedra - another form of speed.
Thank goodness for MF and this website hu?
Take care!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss