arthritis and other health issues

Questions/Comments about Joint Health Products.

arthritis and other health issues

Postby turtle53 » June 1st, 2004, 6:15 pm

I have been on medifast about 7 weeks now. I am amazed at how much better my joints feel. I am not taking my arthritis medication anymore. I do not even take my antacid pills for acid reflux. Along with the weight loss, I think these health benefits are absolutely terrific!
I have been thinking of giving this to my dog too, she is 9 years old and over weight, her joints hurt her from arthritis. I have talked to Nancy about this but am wondering if anyone else has tried this and what have you learned?
Vickie
turtle53
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Echo » June 1st, 2004, 7:10 pm

Hi, I think you should talk to your vet about giving your dog medifast. There are dog foods and medications that are designed for their digestive systems and dietary needs that are veterinary approved.

I have been swimming at the gym, and love it. That's great exercise if you have arthritis. (I don't know if they let dogs in though :lol: )

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2004, 9:41 pm

Vickie ~

We have a number of customers that use Medifast for their dogs. One client gives it to her horse. Vanilla, of course! The weight of your dog would help you to determine the amount of Medifast Joint Health Shake. One client has a yellow lab and they give their dog one shake every morning. Bonnie Dawg (our daughter's Lhasa dog) has 1/4 - 1/3 shake twice a day.

Yep, check with your Vet - ours said there is absolutely nothing in the shake that would be harmful and the chondroitin and glucosamine are very beneficial.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Joint Health