Arghh!

1 Thread per registered User.

Hi

Postby dede4wd » February 24th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Sorry I missed your b-day, hope it was GREAT!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arghh! » February 24th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Thanks guys. It was a nice birthday :mrgreen:
Arghh!
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Arghh! » February 25th, 2007, 7:53 am

Well, I had a nice birthday. Indulged just a little but still posted a 6.3 pound loss for the week!!! :whoohoo: I was also able to pour myself into a smaller pair of jeans yesterday. Now, of course I couldn't realy feel my legs after about 2 hours but who the hell cares about insignificant details like that. :eyecrazy:

So in looking back on the week I realized that I have not even come close to adequate water consumption :whip: It's because I've been to damn lazy to go to the store and buy a good sized bottle like I used to use. The one I relied on prior was 1/2 day's serving so I drank it twice daily and water consumption was no problem. Having to pour a glass each time is far too much trouble for my lazy butt. :dohdoh: So my goal this week is to get an appropriate bottle and drink my H2O's! Oh and to be able to wear thsoe jeans for longer than 2 hours.
Arghh!

Postby Arghh! » February 26th, 2007, 6:01 am

The Oscars where else can you proudly display your eating disorder? I bet 90%of those actresses hadn't eaten in a week before last night. Give me a fu**ng break!

Well it's Monday, day one, week two back here, starting to get into the rythm a bit. It's a lot different here than doing MF alone, more accountability. There's that fear of having to report in slip ups or disappointments. And as I always say fear is is great motivator. ;)

I wonder when I'll ever get off this diet train? My secret fear is that I'll never get to a healthy relationship with food. Will I always be losing or gaining. And then there's the poor me B.S. Waa Waa Waa. I'm NOT the same woman I was before. I mean I was really a great athelete and now, well..... The thing is life passes whether you try or not so you might as well try. Maybe I'm just feeling it a bit more because I just had a birthday.
Arghh!

Postby DogMa » February 26th, 2007, 2:44 pm

I don't know about getting over it completely, but I think I do have a healthier relationship with food now, if not a completely healthy one. (Then again, how many "normal" people also occasionally overdo, or turn to food when they're stressed, or whatever? So I think some of that really IS normal.)

Geez, I missed having you around. You know I have a new pup, right? Maggie was diagnosed with advanced bone cancer and given just a few weeks to live back around Thanksgiving, and I had her put to sleep just after Christmas. Teemu couldn't handle being an only dog, so now we have Mojo, the monster puppy. Who just today chewed up one of my everyday Nike Shox (enough so I can't wear; luckily for her, when she chewed one from my running pair, it was still usable). Stole it out of my closet while I was in the shower. And then I caught her chewing a corner of the dresser. Sigh. We start classes on Saturday.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arghh! » February 26th, 2007, 3:08 pm

Oh puppies, what an exhausting joy. I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie. Osteosarcoma is just a terrible diagnosis. How old was she? I have a house full of senior pets and I worry every day.

So it sounds like the single life is keeping you busy ;) . Dating is so fun!

So lemme ask you; is maintenance as much work as loss? I suspect everyone thinks that once you're done, you're done but I don't. I guess you have to be conscious every day of your habits. So does it every become second nature?
Arghh!

Postby DogMa » February 26th, 2007, 3:23 pm

Yes and no. For a while, I was in a nice routine with food and exercise and having no trouble maintaining. And then everything kind of blew up at once (Maggie was diagnosed, my uncle became seriously ill, I eventually had to fly to California to help take care of him, I started a new job with completely different hours, the dating thing started, etc.) and I struggled a little (some bad food choices and a LOT of trouble keeping up with my workouts). But I seem to be getting back into the groove after gaining about 3 pounds (I'm down 1 so far, and am prepared to really crack down on the exercise so that I at LEAST start running every day again).

But the old habits are still there, so I still need to be vigilant. There are some new habits, though. Even at my worst, I was running or walking a few times a week and staying away from the really bad stuff (I think in the couple of months that everything was in upheaval, I had dessert maybe three or four times total, and pasta once - and I only ate part of it, and refused to take home the rest). So there's certainly been progress. But you're right; the work definitely doesn't stop when the weight loss does.

And yeah, it was pretty awful with the illness. Her tail was paralyzed, so it was hard even to tell whether she was happy sometimes. But I spent the last two weeks giving her the best treats I could think of (the last week she had KFC every single night because it's her favorite) and spending as much time with her as I could.

I sure didn't plan on getting a puppy, though. I wanted an older dog, just like Maggie was when I got her. But first I got Teemu, who was supposed to be a year but was really only about 6 months. And now Mojo, who I knew was young but I fell in love with her just from her photos. She's really one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen, even though she's a monster. And she just abuses poor Teemu to no end, although most of the time he seems to love it.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Arghh! » February 26th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Pictures?
Arghh!

Postby DogMa » February 26th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Posted on Flickr, although I really need to take some more.

www dot flickr dot com slash photos slash 40888910@N00 slash

The blurry ones are from the original posting on petfinders. The rescue people turned out to be nutcases, but she's a great dog. Or will be when she grows up.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby JeepGirl » February 26th, 2007, 4:13 pm

aww how cute they are!

BTW love the new house! ;)
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arghh! » February 26th, 2007, 4:15 pm

My kinda dogs. Short coated athletes! And Maggie; her sweet grey face reminds me of my old dog Aspen. I'm sure you miss her so much.

Love the house and the pics of the Half Dome are breathtaking!
Arghh!

Postby Arghh! » February 27th, 2007, 4:18 am

Yeah I'm down again this morning!!! The water is working it's magic. Gosh last night was hard, hubby had pizza with all the fixin's for dinner. I angrily munched on a stalk of celery (okay 4 stalks) and went to bed early. But this morning.... ALL WORTH IT!!!

Well I'm back to the office today after 4 days off. :cry: It went by so fast.
Arghh!

Postby DogMa » February 27th, 2007, 9:01 am

Pizza? Not nice. Glad the discipline paid off, though. Nice going!!

And yeah, Maggie will always be my girl. She was SUCH a sweet dog.

And I love the house, too, although I still need to get rid of the ugly wallpaper and eventually get some dining-room furniture. And someday I want to redo the kitchen and breakfast room, and maybe even turn them into one big room. Someday when I have a lot more money. :)

But the yard is still the best part. Watching Teemu and Mojo race around it is one of the best stress relievers around. (And did I mention? The other day, the two of them played with a toy together. That's the first time Tay's EVER played with a toy with someone else.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Arghh! » February 27th, 2007, 9:38 am

The yard is gorgeous, my favorite part too! Love the lanscaping.
Arghh!

Postby Arghh! » February 27th, 2007, 5:53 pm

I had a great day at the hospital. Feeling strong, not hungry and more energetic! Yeah. Hubby and I had a great chicken and chinese greens dinner too. Not to bad for the first day back to work.
Arghh!

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal