Aquarianskye

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby aquarianskye » September 13th, 2007, 8:34 am

Woohoo...my BUTT hurts! Just did five and a half laps on the stairs. Had to finish with half a lap because I was silly and started downstairs (so I could end going down) and then had to come back up to get on the computer. Woo hoo! feel the burn! Wow Biki--you go with your 400 a day!
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bikipatra » September 13th, 2007, 9:32 am

aquarianskye wrote:Woohoo...my BUTT hurts! Just did five and a half laps on the stairs. Had to finish with half a lap because I was silly and started downstairs (so I could end going down) and then had to come back up to get on the computer. Woo hoo! feel the burn! Wow Biki--you go with your 400 a day!

But I don't go down the stairs because of my poor depth perception. You're doing great!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby aquarianskye » September 13th, 2007, 11:51 am

Only UP. OMG-you rock. I can't even imagine. Gravity helps a lot on the way back down!
aquarianskye

Postby Serendipity » September 13th, 2007, 12:51 pm

bikipatra wrote: [
But I don't go down the stairs because of my poor depth perception. You're doing great!

I'm sitting here wondering how you get back down to go back up again and it occurred to me! You slide down on your bum. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » September 13th, 2007, 1:03 pm

Serendipity wrote:
bikipatra wrote: [

I'm sitting here wondering how you get back down to go back up again and it occurred to me! You slide down on your bum. :mrgreen:

No. It's not as fun a visual, but I use the elevator!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

9/18/07

Postby aquarianskye » September 18th, 2007, 6:54 am

Well, I've been off hiding. I've been struggling lately. I think I've been hungry since last Tuesday. I drink insane amounts of water (130+oz each day) and I still can't curb this growling stomach. I'm thinking of adding another 'meal' each day to see if that helps. I get full after my lean and green and that's about the only time during the day I feel satisfied. Is it horrible that I just don't want to waste my supps? I don't know when I'll be able to order more food. $$ here is tight. So, I've been struggling.

I did hit a high of 10.3 miles yesterday. I was all sorts of pumped when I woke up--Monday's are my weigh day. I was down to 233.4. Officially down 6.6 pounds for last week. I think I'm starting to stall. But I didn't fix it with food so I'm okay with 233. Couldn't walk this morning. Rain here. And baby decided six was a good time to wake up so she's already napping.

Well, going to get some house stuff done and try to do my band workout. Hope you're all having an on plan kind of day!
aquarianskye

Postby bikipatra » September 18th, 2007, 7:16 am

WOW! Now that's a walk. I get tired when I approach 4!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby aquarianskye » September 18th, 2007, 8:03 am

Thanks Biki! I had just under four miles in when I got home from walking the kids to school. For some reason I found nice sidewalks yesterday and it was easy to keep going. My subdivision is still 'under construction' so the sidewalk doesn't run everywhere yet. I found myself in the oldest part where it's all nice. Plus I got to look at other 'models' of the builder.

Walking is the easiest exercise I can do. I might not always keep up with everyone--I have to stop and give baby more food and drink every now and again, but I love my walking!
aquarianskye

Postby aquarianskye » September 18th, 2007, 8:05 am

hehe, obviously I hit the wrong button!
aquarianskye

Postby bikipatra » September 18th, 2007, 12:31 pm

aquarianskye wrote:
Thanks Biki! I had just under four miles in when I got home from walking the kids to school. For some reason I found nice sidewalks yesterday and it was easy to keep going. My subdivision is still 'under construction' so the sidewalk doesn't run everywhere yet. I found myself in the oldest part where it's all nice. Plus I got to look at other 'models' of the builder.

Walking is the easiest exercise I can do. I might not always keep up with everyone--I have to stop and give baby more food and drink every now and again, but I love my walking!

Little stops along the way help me too!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BabyTrace » September 19th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Hello Skye :wave:

I was reading how you've been hungry for a few days. The 1st thought that came to mind is 'how long are you waiting between supplements'. You might want to try spacing them closer together to see if that helps. I generally have mine every 2.5 hours.

I guess it's also quite possible that with all of the walking you've been doing that your body may be trying to tell you it needs more food. Are you entering your food and excercise in any of the online tools such as Support in Motion or Fit Day to calculate your calories burned? I know you don't walk 10 miles every day, and since I've never done it :roll: I have no idea how many calories are burned in 10 miles but it might be worth taking a look at if you haven't already.

I'm no expert, just wanted to make a couple of suggestions to help you make the most of your journey.

Take care,

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby aquarianskye » September 20th, 2007, 10:14 am

Thanks Tracy. I never thought of that with the whole calorie/walking thing. I have an account at fitday and I might check into that when I get my next 'computer break' (baby's naptime). I guess I just get frustrated sometimes knowing that everyone else loses their hunger and I have mine hanging around so often. I know I should be appreciative and say at least I KNOW what hunger feels like now. I never had that before.

I usually space my meals 2-3 hours apart. I've even considered having an 'extra' supp. each day just to help me make it through.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really do appreciate it!

Skye
aquarianskye

9/20/07

Postby aquarianskye » September 20th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Well, I hate to say it. I've been ignoring it for a few days but I think I've hit my first 'official' plateau. Sucks. I hit 233 last week, not sure when. I have been faithful and I'm still at 233. I suppose I should have expected it to happen sometime. I've just fallen off so many times in the past that it was easy to miss the stall. And I guess I kind of expected it to happen when I was closer to goal. But here I am. A full eight days later.

I was waiting for the kids to get out of school today and I started up a conversation with a guy that I know lives somewhere in my subdivision. I see him walk kids to school everyday rain or shine, and then I see him walking the neighborhood.

Well, apparently I look like I need some dieting advice because he decided to give it. I should drink eight glasses of water a day--btw, I drink at least 16-8oz glasses a day, thank you very much. I should walk for one hour a day--I do just not all at the exact same time. I actually take two to three 30 minute walks each day. And I should spend two hours in a gym. Now I will do all but the gym. I do use my bands tho so that should count for something. Oh, and the most important thing--no eating after seven. You can eat anything you want all day--cookies, ice cream, whatever, he says. Just not past seven.

I just had to chuckle when he finally walked away. I just think it's funny what some peps think.
aquarianskye

Postby Tawanda » September 20th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Ah Skye, a helpful neighbor, eh? LOL Good for you on being able to laugh it off....sometimes other's 'helpful' advice is more hurtful even though their last intention is the hurt instead of encourage.

Mini-stalls or plateaus. Oh heavens!! I've enjoyed (that is tongue in cheek!) many of those little 'vacations' from losing. Hate them every time! I've gotten so that I expect one at least one week out of every 4...sometimes it seems to be a bit more often and sometimes I do get a longer reprieve between those 'stall' times. Just keep doing the program, don't get upset and don't give up. The inches will be melting away and the pounds will drop again soon.....

You are doing great!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

9/25/07

Postby aquarianskye » September 25th, 2007, 7:34 am

Thanks Tawanda for the insight. I knew that it would happen. I just wanted to happen much further in the future!

So, I've not posted much lately. I was truly hoping to get more from this than I am right now. I just get such little computer time these days. By the time I'm done with my emails and checking bank accounts I get very little time to post. I do sneak on here at night and try and read what I've missed. I guess I just expected more time when my kids were at school. I have to get all the computer time, workout, laundry, dishes...done when meme is sleeping because she likes to 'help' only her help is usually make more mess for momma!

So, weightloss--none to report. I had a planned day off on Saturday. Didn't walk at all this weekend. Ok, maybe a couple of miles but no where near the 8-10 that I've been doing.

Well, going to go get some stuff done.

Hope you all have an awesome on plan day.

Skye
aquarianskye

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal