Aquarianskye

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » September 10th, 2007, 10:45 am

Sorry you're having a bad day (and a bad week, from the sound of it). We all have 'em, and we almost all have had some less-than-stellar days on program, too. It happens. All you can do is push forward and try to remind yourself (a lot!!) that eating really, really isn't going to help things. It's not going to sell your house, it's not going to help your financial situation, it's not going to give you a feeling of control. In fact, it's going to do the opposite of some of those things (think medical bills and that horrible, out-of-control feeling most of us are intimately familiar with from our binges).

And BTW, where in Texas are you? Anywhere near the DFW area, by chance?

And do NOT worry about what others here will think of you. Read the journals you want to, don't read 'em if you don't want to. Just jump in and speak up as much or as little as you want; the rest of us don't always know what we're talking about, either, and that never stops US. ;)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 10th, 2007, 11:04 am

Skye--I feel for you on the house deal. We're relocating from Michigan to Tennessee and our house in MI has been listed since February without a single offer. We recently switched realtors are are hoping for something positive before winter sets in, which comes pretty early in Michigan.

Sounds like you are an old pro at moving. Us too, this is the 2nd cross country move in a little over two years. Moving can be very stressful. Just try to put your goals first when considering turning to food. You've made great strides so far so you know you can do it.

And hey, don't worry about not responding to all of the posts. This board is so active right now it could take hours to read up on everyone. Just come here and read at your leisure. Posting is optional!

Take care!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby aquarianskye » September 10th, 2007, 1:18 pm

Thanks so much Robin and Tracy. I think that sometimes I just get so down on things. I know that things will work out with the house, my food, finances, whatever, because they always do. Things are just tight right now (and no I don't mean my clothes because they are actually getting lose).

Robin-I am way down in San Antonio. Okay, maybe not WAY down, but down enough. We live towards the west of downtown--I think. I'm still finding my way around. I know where the nicest HEB and Walmart are!

Tracy-sorry to hear about your house not selling either. We have actually started talking about becoming landlords. I honestly don't know what else to do. I can't leave it setting empty through winter. It is definitely a buyers market right now. Our house has been listed since April with the one horrible offer.

I think I feel better now. I got out and did some walking. I have to convince myself to do it. I know that once I start moving I'll feel better. Sometimes it's starting that's so hard.

I'm on my last required glass of water (self inflicted guidelines of at least 130 oz a day!). I've had three MF meals and I'm going to go have another. I can do this. I just move one day at a time.
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DogMa » September 10th, 2007, 1:39 pm

Of COURSE you can do it. If the rest of us could make it, so can you, believe me. I also moved to Texas while on program (but thankfully, for once my timing was right and my house in California sold in a few days). It can be overwhelming when you're trying to settle into a new place and explore while still watching your diet, but it's doable. Getting out for a walk is definitely a good start. Coming here to write/chat when you're stressed and wanting to eat is another one.

The good thing about Medifast for me is it's the first time I truly dealt with my emotional eating. Because once food was taken out of the equation and I had to just eat what I was supposed to, I finally learned to deal with my emotions in other ways. It's not easy, but I think it's why so many of us feel that our time on Medifast was/is about so much more than weight.

It took a long time, but I'm still amazed that I've gone through several really difficult, stressful times in the past year without even THINKING about eating my way through them. You can get there, too, but it takes time. And practice.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby katesmom » September 10th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Hi Skye !
Thanks for your support in my journal...I guess that when enough people make suggesitons- they start to stick ! I have had a good day...very busy at work, which keeps my mind off of things !

Have a great night and THANK YOU ! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Sojourner » September 10th, 2007, 6:51 pm

DogMa wrote:Just jump in and speak up as much or as little as you want; the rest of us don't always know what we're talking about, either, and that never stops US. ;)

That's for sure!!! :lol:

Skye,
as long as your comments are heartfelt, no one will think you're a phony.
And if they do ~ so what? We all have different styles of humor, so please don't worry about being taken the wrong way.
If I worried about that I'd prolly never say anything!! (some of you might prefer that, but SO WHAT?!!) :twisted:

Good job staying on track today, and great job on the water!
Hey! You can do it !! (See, I don't even know you, but I'm saying it from my heart, so there. ;) )

Thanks for your comments and support in my journal!
See ya' around.......or not.......whatever you like, girlie. It's all good.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

9/11/07

Postby aquarianskye » September 11th, 2007, 8:19 am

I am feeling much better about things today. Crazy how that works huh? It's raining like crazy here and I didn't get my morning walk in before it hit but I'm okay. I spent hours on here reading posts last night. I feel so much better. I went to bed in a better mood and even woke up five minutes before my alarm went off this morning. I'm going to find some of my BEFORE before pics and send them in. Maybe even some 30# lost pics if I have any. Isn't is funny that when you're the big one in a group you always have the camera??

I think I got distracted in my intro and never gave all my info. In January I will celebrate my fourth 29th birthday (I will be 33). Since doing yoga consistently I have gained a full inch in my height! 5 feet 5 inches tall now-thank you very much! My highest all time weight (on record) was 285. That was two years ago this month. I made it down to 270 by myself when I found mf and this board in Feb. Since then I am hovering around 237. Okay, not really since then--you know what I mean. This a.m. the scale said 237.2. I can live with that. For today.

I was on 100% yesterday. Extra water. Saved my hot choc for before bed. It's become my nice wind-me-down at the end of the day. I had 8.75 miles in for the day.

I got my 401k papers in the mail yesterday. Yes I am pulling $$ out to be able to make the house payment in IN. Sucks for retirement but at least I can pay the bills. That helps take some stress off.

Okay, gotta eat my oatmeal, drink more water, then do my strength stuff. Wall push-ups? Might give them a try. I keep thinking about old fashioned crunches but my lower back is being mean lately and I wouldn't want to tick her off. Have to be able to walk and all that!

Hope you all have a great day! I'm going to MAKE mine great!
aquarianskye

Postby bikipatra » September 11th, 2007, 9:57 am

Impressive mileage! I just do 3 and try to get in atleast 420 stairs.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby aquarianskye » September 11th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Thanks Biki! That total is for all day. I just wear my pedometer on my hip all day. Wow to you and the stairs. My butt hurts just thinking about it. I make sure to take extra steps up the stairs in the house but that's it. Do you have a stairmaster or are you in a building walking the stairs?
aquarianskye

Postby DogMa » September 11th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Geez, I usually do two workouts a day plus always take the stairs and I don't get that kinda mileage!! I have a very sedentary job, though.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby aquarianskye » September 11th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Ugh, I'm only at 4.25 miles so far today. Walked the kids to school this morning. Didn't do my subdivision lap tho. Hub stayed home this am so we could get stuff notarized at the bank.

Was looking a little shady this afternoon so I drove to get the kids. We got stuck in the rain a couple of weeks ago and it took days for everyone's brand new shoes to dry (they kept popping the dryer door open). Everyone was pretty mad at me four days into the school year. Decided not to do that again! We got home about 30m ago. Of course now the sun is shining and all pretty out. Cooler today too. Rain didn't happen either.

We have an open house at school tonight so it'd be nice to get another walk in there but it'll probably look nasty so we'll drive. Maybe I can walk down and get the mail later and do a partial lap.

What kind of workouts are you doing Robin? I'm still looking for something I can handle that won't kill me. My goal is to be able to RUN someday without falling over dead! I used to play softball and run like crazy! I fooled a lot of people. They thought I'd be slow cause I was bigger--I showed them.
aquarianskye

Postby DogMa » September 11th, 2007, 2:44 pm

I run or walk every morning (alternating), although the running is recent and I've never in my life run before. And I do a walking tape at work in the afternoons most days. And then I TRY to lift weights at the gym a couple of times a week, although I haven't been so good about lately.

If you want to run, try the Couch to 5K program (just Google it). It's what I and a few others here have used. You start out running for maybe a minute at a time and end with running for 30 minutes straight (I'm at 28 minutes, or will be tomorrow; I'm on the second-to-last week of the program). I run too slowly to do 5K in half an hour, though. On the treadmill, at least.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby bikipatra » September 11th, 2007, 2:47 pm

aquarianskye wrote:Thanks Biki! That total is for all day. I just wear my pedometer on my hip all day. Wow to you and the stairs. My butt hurts just thinking about it. I make sure to take extra steps up the stairs in the house but that's it. Do you have a stairmaster or are you in a building walking the stairs?

I live in a building. Sometimes I even walk the stairs in my pajamas. Very convenient.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

9/12/07

Postby aquarianskye » September 12th, 2007, 10:58 am

Well, I'm up and I'm here! Had a bit of a shaky start to the day today. Overslept. Woke up in time to get the kids up and off to school. Even did my lap around the subd. When I was almost done walking I saw a mom from school. She might become a walking buddy. I'm so excited to have an adult to talk to. No offense to anyone here or my kids. It's just nice to have someone to talk to for real.

236.6 on my scale today. Not bad. Now if I can just make it more days in a row I won't backtrack. I was down to 235 at one point last week. On Monday it was back up to 240. Gotta be a good girl. Keep reminding myself what the prize is. I put this lovely little tankini on a hanger and hung it over my dresser so I can look at it EVERY day to remind me. Hehe, another motivator-I moved to Texas and for any of you that don't know-IT'S HOT HERE. I told hub that I have to lose weight so I can wear less clothing.

Yesterday ended up working out for me. I had about 7.5 miles in for the day. We got to walk to the open house and then walk the halls a few times. I got all five of my mf meals in and had a salad with my lean mixed in. Yummo!

Today I am on my second meal (running a little late cause of the sleep thing). Have five of my bottles down. Still working on my second cuppa cause I can't seem to get moving. I've got about 3.5 miles in so far. I'm going to leave a little early to get the monsters from school and do half a lap. I've done my 'bodymakeover' workout for today! Now if I could just get the fog off my brain I'd be doing much better.

I've been reading so much lately. I do a lot of paper journaling too-when baby will allow it. I think so many of you are right in the whole dealing with the emotional part of the weight this time. Some days I feel like a totally different person. I talked to my mom last night and she told me she's hardly eating anymore because when she does she gains weight. She goes to Curves three times a week. Jogs two miles a day before she goes to work. Walks constantly at her job--anywhere from 5-7miles while at work. And she's quit eating. She told me she weighs 160#. She knows I mf. I've talked to her about it quite a bit lately. I just don't want to see her unhappy with herself.

My p's are going to come out and visit. I'm hoping that when she's here and she sees me she might give mf a try. I think that when she sees how easy it is to do and that she'd still be able to have a meal with my dad at night she might give this a try. I don't want to be pushy with her but I don't want her not to eat either. Wow, don't know where all that came from.

I love my momma and I think she's beautiful just how she is. I just want her to be happy with herself.
aquarianskye

9/13/07

Postby aquarianskye » September 13th, 2007, 7:31 am

233.4--OH MUH GOD. Let's keep truckin. Yes, I am one of thosepeople. I weigh myself EVERY morning. And a few times through the day. The scale is in my upstairs bathroom so I even go up stairs to tinkle just so I can step on the scale when I'm done. I justify it by saying, at least I'm walking the stairs, right.

So, I had to wait up for the dishwasher to finish last night (it flips over some of my cups and they end up filled with water) anyway, as I waited I turned off the tv and paper journaled. Nice quiet house. Time by myself. I did a lot of reading yesterday when baby was sleeping. I can so relate to what people are posting about. I've been working my way through many journals a page or two at time.

I want this time to be different. I want to get to a comfortable weight and be able to maintain. I feel crazy even thinking about maintaining now but if I can't do it then what's the point of getting there? I remind myself how I maintain all the time now. I will have three really good weeks each month and then blow it the fourth. I maintain my weight. I'm taking this journey ten pounds at a time. I was stuck between 245-250 for about two full months (not eating on plan at this time but no real binges either). Can that be called maintaining? Obviously not maintaining at goal but maintanence none-the-less.

I'm not sure who's journal it was??? Nickiluvs maybe and Biki said something about getting to a real weight not just better than before. Mind you, paraphrasing going on. Maybe that's why I don't succeed in this. I constantly think, well, I did better than two months ago. Or I'm better than yesterday. I can take a day off. I look better than I did at Christmas. It's okay to cheat. I want the best for everyone else. I have always tried to give my kids, hub, family, the best. But not me. Why not me? I know deep down I'm worth it. Fear of failure maybe? Again with the 'why bother' attitude since this one probably won't stick either.

I swear I'm not trying to be negative. I actually feel pretty good about things today. I keep reminding myself that it's not how many times you fall down but how many you decide to get back up. I'm going to keep getting back up. Even when I screw up. Yah, there'll be off days and bad attitudes (I'm the queen of bad attitudes) but I'm going to keep on truckin. Maybe I'll get rid of all the baggage that goes along with my big butt and be able to move on and stay healthy.

Maybe even change my goal weight? Could I actually be NORMAL. Hehe, I'm sure normal wouldn't quite be the correct word for me. How about fit!

Oh, and btw, reading about all you exercise divas has inspired me. I walk like crazy cause it's something I can do when I have screaming meme with me. I have decided to do some 'laps' on my stairs when she is sleeping. I've got 15 stairs. Yes, I counted them the week we moved in. Gotta know how many are there in case I have to take a trip to the kitchen in the middle of the night--and NO it's not for food for my face but for baby drinks!! Anyway, I think I'm going to try for five times straight up and down while meme sleeps.

Hope you are all having an awesome day!
aquarianskye

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal