anyone tried the fruit punch?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

anyone tried the fruit punch?

Postby 2BHealthy » February 13th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Is the fruit punch a supplement like the shake? Did you like it? Thanks in advance. :D
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Fruit Punch

Postby Jan » February 13th, 2006, 3:35 pm

I like the fruit punch mixed with diet 7 up. I also mix the cranberry mango punch with diet 7 up . Plus the cranberry mango is good as a hot drink too. And yes, it is a meal replacement.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 13th, 2006, 4:06 pm

All of the Medifast products are really rather versatile. I prefer the Peach and Raspberry Iced Teas served hot. For some reason they seem like a 'puny' meal replacement when I make them cold and I have the tendency to guzzle them down too quickly when I make them with a couple of ice cubes but I sip them slowly when I make them hot.

I get cold very easily and having the Cranberry Mango or the Iced Teas made hot keeps me cozy.

Remember to try the Chai Latte and the Instant Cappuccino made in the blender, too - they are like a Starbuck's Frappachino!

I like the Creamy Tomato Soup or the Robust Tomato Fast Soup (Newbies, the Fast Soup is NOT a complete meal replacement but rather a snack item) made with cold water, a hefty dash of Tabasco Sauce and chilled in the summer time - it is like having a glass of V-8 Juice.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Drama Queen » February 13th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I just tried the Fruit Punch and the Cranberry Mango and really enjoy them both. I like things a little more tart so I mix them with 16 oz. of water and a Crystal Lite Lemonade on the Go Packet served over ice. Ummm, very refreshing!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » February 13th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Great idea, Drama Queen!

The Fruit Punch is a bit too sweet for my liking so I will try your idea of adding the Crystal Light Lemon Ade. I know I added a squeeze of lime or lemon juice to tone down the Fruit Punch. I really like the Crystal Light Pink Grapefruit flavor drink so I might try that flavor in the Fruit Punch, too. The extra water sounds like a good plan. Thank you, DQ!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 2BHealthy » February 14th, 2006, 7:46 am

YUMMY, Thanks everybody for your input. I just don't hear those drinks talked about very often.
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lastdiet » February 14th, 2006, 4:58 pm

for some reason i'm not liking the cappacino anymore and it has been sitting around. how do you mix it as a cold drink?

Remember to try the Chai Latte and the Instant Cappuccino made in the blender, too - they are like a Starbuck's Frappachino

also, (and i apologize if this is a dumb question) i saw cabbage on the veggie list. does this include purple cabbage?

thanks everyone!!!

ellen
7/27/2005
re-start 1/9/07
189/ 145
lastdiet
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Here's a link to a previous post that you may want to check out
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-1188.html
Look in the Lean Cuisine for recipe ideas - that web room is a blast to read and you'll get all sorts of juicy ideas - it's like the Food Channel only it's Medifast-Friendly.

re: Medifast Cappuccino

It is caffeine-free so you’ll be able to slurp late at night and still be able to doze off to slumberland and dream of skinny days ahead.

The cool thing about a typically hot drink is that the Medifast Cappuccino tastes totally yummah made cold. I prefer it that way.

You can make it in your Fast Shake shaker jar with 8 ounces of water and 1-2 ice cubes or you can live it up and do it Barista-style! Tie a green apron around your slimmin’ waist ~

If you don’t have a Magic Bullet® yet, haul out the blender:

I call it the Cappi Frappi, as it reminds me of the Starbuck’s Frappachino

6 ounces of cold water (you may want to thin it down with more water)
1 packet of the Medifast Cappuccino
Whirl
Add 1 cup+ crushed ice

I like to add ½ tsp instant coffee crystals

Additional flavor suggestions:
DaVinci® Sugar Free Chocolate, Caramel (oh, yeah!) or Hazelnut Syrup
Vanilla or Almond extract (teensy bit, extracts are strong)
dash of cinnamon

Kick back, Bunkster and have a cool one…THINk about all the thinny things you can do now that you choose to lose the Medifast way.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Marseilles » February 15th, 2006, 6:01 am

I love the fruit punch in a tall glass with extra water, a ton of ice and a splash of key lime juice. VERY refreshing on a hot day or sitting by the pool!
Marseilles
Preferred member

THIS IS TOO FUNNY!

Postby THINKTHIN » February 19th, 2006, 7:04 am

Speaking of pop here's a little laugh

So, here I am back on plan as of yesterday. Being a re-starter, I felt I basically knew all the tweeks, and tricks... BOY, WAS I WRONG!

Moving on... I decided to mix dutch chocolate with diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper. Silly me, being a cook as well, I should have known... DO NOT SHAKE JAR! I REPEAT, DO NOT SHAKE JAR!!!!!! i don''t know what i was thinking but after three shakes of the jar, I realized what the heck i was doing and before I realized, the cap blew off like a rocket going into space and it splattered in four surrounding rooms next to my kitchen... It looked like the Cat in the Hat came over to play... My children immediately went to their rooms laughing! I have never ever done anything as silly. I was not thinking, obviously! it was so funny. My dh was not home so I was hurrying to clean it up before he got home... I wouldn't want him to rub it in, especially with all the complaining I do about not taking food out of the kitchen/dining room.

As I was on the ladder scrubbing the ceiling, lights, etc...guess who walked in... yeppers.... He was gloating! On cloud nine because he didn't make the mess! His response, "I DIDN'T DO IT!" and walked right past me laughing! It was very funny! I guess you had to of been there!

I would absolutely love to mix up a shake with pop. I am just now starting to like pop here and there. How are you guys mixing it up??????

~Tiesha
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 19th, 2006, 7:52 am

I have found for me it works best in the blender. Just leave the cap a tiny bit ajar to let the air escape. I love shakes mixed with diet soda, but it's so cold here and I'm always cold. It'll have to wait till spring.

Welcome back and good luck!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » February 19th, 2006, 9:32 am

Thank you!!!! I will try it today!!!!
THINKTHIN

Explosion

Postby Jan » February 19th, 2006, 9:37 am

Ahhhh Haaaa
Another victim :mrgreen: -- hummmm -- include me in that too. :x I think I was just working on autopilot one morning -- poured in a diet chocolate soda, emptied my package of dutch chocolate -- on with the lid-- couple of shakes and the rest is history!!! Why do we always have to do this with the Dutch Chocolate???? :roll: Those little flecks show up everywhere!!! I still find a speck or two in the most unusual places.
Oh well certainly "livens up" our day. :mrgreen: I'm just thankful the dog wasn't here or she'd run thru the mess and I would have had it alllllll over the house. :mrgreen: (now I always use the blender too)
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby THINKTHIN » February 19th, 2006, 9:43 am

awe.....the confessions are starting! :-)

it was so funny that you mentioned you found a speck here and there! i have a square window (without the window, not sure of the proper name) in my kitchen that looks into the living room, well, imagine what i found! you guessed it... so, now that made five rooms it hit, vice only four... what a mess! i am sure i'll be finding some later on today! LOL.... If any more spots appear, i guess i'll have to just paint my whole house dutch chocolate brown! :-)

happy losing~
tiesha
THINKTHIN

Return to Weight Loss