Any Pre-Program Tips?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Any Pre-Program Tips?

Postby SandyB » April 30th, 2006, 7:23 pm

My 5 weeks of MF supplies should be here tomorrow, so I'll be starting Tuesday. Is there any day before program things that you can recommend that I should do to help for the 1st day? Thanks
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby Becky » April 30th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Hi SandyB-- I love your line about the clothing size smaller than shoe size, and I'm with you, I can't wait either!

I would say that it's a good idea to get the junk food out of the house so that you won't be tempted, and tell any family members who live with you not to offer you anything!!

Get something nice (like a pretty pink bottle!) that you'll enjoy drinking your water out of & so that you'll know how much you're drinking. I have a 32 ounce bottle that I put one of those big green Starbucks straws in (I seem to drink more when I use a straw). I make sure to drink half by 10:00 a.m, & the other half by noon, then I refill for the afternoon/evening.

Take a "before" picture so that you remember where you came from & remind yourself that you don't want to go back there again! Take your measurements & weigh yourself, so that you can track your progress.

I also keep a little book that I log each day's meals & weight into (my 5 MF & my lean & green & then what my scale said that morning). Some people like to weigh less often, I like to weigh everyday because the scale calls my name. Since I have my log, if there is a week where I don't lose as much, I can re-evaluate what I did & see if there is anything I should change for the next week.

Be prepared to be hungry your first few days & have a plan. I always encourage people to add an extra MF meal their first few days & space them closer together--about 2 hours apart--if you need to. Then you don't find yourself eyeing your mousepad or keyboard & wondering how they may taste. ;) I like the Ready To Drinks (RTD's) & pack 3 in a lunchbag thing with a frozen pack, put a bar in my purse, and head out for the day. Then I don't find myself stuck somewhere without anything to eat. Even if I'm only planning to be gone a few hours, I am always prepared. You never know when your plans for the day might change!

Can't wait to hear how you're doing!
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Pashta » April 30th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Not that I know of. :) Good luck tomorrow. :thumbup:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » April 30th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Hi Sandy,
The most important thing when it comes to our program is to be very very compliant. It makes it far easier and the pounds come off quickly. For right now, I'd read and re-read the quick start booklet. If the food item isn't listed in there -- it doesn't go in the mouth. It's as simple as that :D I think you'll do fine. :D Drink your water, if you get a little headache take one of the usual suspects -- you know, asparin, excedrin etc. It won't last long and very soon you'll be off and parting with the pounds with the rest of us.
Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing. I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » April 30th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Becky's tips were great. I'd also make sure you have some pickles and/or celery to snack on if you're hungry, along with bouillon and maybe some sugar-free Jell-O.

Welcome, and good luck!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 1st, 2006, 4:36 am

Welcome to the group! You will do great!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 1st, 2006, 4:40 am

Welcome Sandy! You got some great tips there :) Glad you're here :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SandyB » May 1st, 2006, 7:40 am

You are all amazing. Thank you for the tips. Becky, it is funny, but earlier in the day, I was at the 99 cent store with my Mom and I bought a water jug/sipper bottle that holds 75 ounces....it was pink. So, I'm on the right track already. :lol:
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby MISSANNE » May 1st, 2006, 8:40 am

Welcome to our wonderful group!
:wave:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Tiolazz » May 1st, 2006, 11:38 am

Welcome to the group... Good Luck, you will do great.....

This is a great bunch of women and men, and they will help you in your journey to thindom.....

Terri

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Becky » May 1st, 2006, 7:52 pm

Good for you SandyB! See---it's easier to get the water down when you have a fancy little container to drink out of. It tastes better that way! In the summer I like to make my shakes frosty in the blender & then drink them out of goblets with stems!
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Mom23 » May 2nd, 2006, 4:25 am

Becky wrote:Good for you SandyB! See---it's easier to get the water down when you have a fancy little container to drink out of. It tastes better that way! In the summer I like to make my shakes frosty in the blender & then drink them out of goblets with stems!

:wave: Welcome! You're going to do so well -- preparing before you even get your 'stuff'. :thumbig: We're glad to have you with us!

I like to drink my water out of fancy bottles or even the bottles that water comes in from the store -- I can't seem to drink it out of a glass -- I will refill those store bought water bottles from my frig's filtered water dispenser, but if I put that same water in a glass -- I can't get it down. I know, I'm weird :nana:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.