All is not well in River City

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

All is not well in River City

Postby Ron » June 25th, 2005, 5:36 am

All is not bad either...just reality slapped the hell out of me this week.
My diet works perfectly. I just did not work my diet. I managed a loss of weight of 1.2 pounds over the past week. Undid the loss yesterday and added a pound and a half on the plus side. I went to the movies and did the popcorn thing, sans butter but still, woof!...then ate 2 veggie burgers on whole wheat bread for dinner.
Now...that is not the end of the world. It is even healthy enough...but at my size if I want to see my grandkids (under 2) do anything more than dirty diapers, I had better knuckle down. I don't have to be perfect. I just have to try. Yesterday I did not try.
Wait...I am not beating myself up. Overall, I have done great in the 5 weeks I have been liquid dieting. I am still down 43.6 pounds in 5 weeks with my gain. But what put the spur under my backside was that I saw when i logged in my weight (gain) this AM on Fitday that I was more than 1/2 way to my 1st major goal. I had no idea. I had never thought of it. So, I am remotivating myself. There are 2 grandsons who have never been fishing and never seen Disneyworld. I want to share both with them.
Today...I still cannot walk well due to weight and old war wounds. I cannot do anything about the war wounds. I can fix the weight. I have no other choice.
Thanks for letting me rant.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 25th, 2005, 7:38 am

Ron, your post touches my heart. Those grandbabies need to know their granddaddy, and to have good memories with him. And after the life you've had, it sounds, you're entitled to many years of enjoying them, as well. I've watched for your posts to see your progress, and have been so impressed with how well you've been doing. Yesterday's "blip" means nothing so long as you just keep going forward, and it sounds like that's exactly what you are doing. Hang in there -- we can't wait to hear about when you make that first goal, and when you get to where you can walk better.

God bless, and good luck.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby AlexisClaire » June 25th, 2005, 10:02 am

Just the fact that you realize what the problem was and what the solution is says you're going to make it with this program. Don't beat yourself up, one slip up in 5 weeks is totally understandable and forgivable. Look on the bright side! You could have had butter, and salt on the popcorn, you could have had a quarter-pounder with cheese! You may have gone off program but you made healthy choices and that's what's going to keep the weight off later on.
You're doing incredibly well, celebrate your revelation!
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 25th, 2005, 10:32 am

Ron....... :huh: .......what's done is done...........give yourself a thumb's up for acknowledging it so soon after..... :thumbsup: ......and for hopping right back on track....... :drive: ....my prayers for your continued strength
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 25th, 2005, 11:19 am

Ron.......I think everyone needs a periodic blip along the way so long as they react to it the way you did.

The reason I think this way is that if someone has a great deal of weight to lose, and is compliant for many, many months............one day things may just go haywire causing a craving and a HUGE BINGE may occur.

Five steps forward and one step back is still a gain of four steps. You are motivated, you know the right path, you have had a small taste of the "forbidden fruit" so you do not crave it.......in short you are back on track after a one day hiatus. Besides, it is nearly impossible to watch a movie without popcorn. An interesting side note is that movie popcorn is two or three times the cost of Medifast products. How the heck do they get away with charging that much for popcorn anyhow??

Welcome back to the straight and narrow!
Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 25th, 2005, 11:38 am

Ron-

Just pick yourself up & move forward. You cannot change yesterday but you can learn from it & go on. You are doing terrific! Keep smiling!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room